Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
No, its because I'm using the same id for both the fixedlist and the wraplist at the moment while I try a figure out a way to get them to change based on the number of items in the lists.
Hitcher Wrote:No, its because I'm using the same id for both the fixedlist and the wraplist at the moment while I try a figure out a way to get them to change based on the number of items in the lists.

ahh ok.

Noticed your volume works, mine works until i play a video or something, then i can't adjust via remote. sometimes does work but sporadic. I doubt that's cuz of you though.
Evanrich Wrote:ahh ok.

Noticed your volume works, mine works until i play a video or something, then i can't adjust via remote. sometimes does work but sporadic. I doubt that's cuz of you though.

maybe you are using passthrough, in that case changing volume is disabled.
hitcher, just one fast question... i see i can set weather backdrop folder only if i have conditional weather de-selected, but where does alaska look for images when conditional is selectedHuh
succo Wrote:hitcher, just one fast question... i see i can set weather backdrop folder only if i have conditional weather de-selected, but where does alaska look for images when conditional is selectedHuh

The 'extras' folder (available separately - check first post).
Hitcher Wrote:No, its because I'm using the same id for both the fixedlist and the wraplist at the moment while I try a figure out a way to get them to change based on the number of items in the lists.

Evanrich Wrote:ahh ok.

Fixed the positioning problem and, as apanloco said, if you're using digital passthrough you have no control over the output volume.
Sorry if this has been asked, I'm pretty drunk and home from my birthday, and am too lazy to flip back a page or 2, but when I updated to the newest build of xbmc the main menu icons are gone as well as the settings/appearance "red" icons. Any one else having this problem?
What system?

Really looking forward to those sub menus, with easy access to Recently Added Movies, I use that a lot.

I'm very happy to have the audio offset working again, I really missed being able to set that.

Thanks everyone working on Alaska Smile
Ayla Wrote:Really looking forward to those sub menus, with easy access to Recently Added Movies, I use that a lot.
I'm aiming to have it finished today because, come tomorrow, MW2 will bring my updates to a fullstop.
Just downloaded the current version of alaska and it looks great! Thank you so much for taking my suggestion regarding the posterview duplicate thingy. Love it.

I have two questions Wink

The option to see a backdrop for the views doesn't seem to work for me? Maybe it's not finished yet?

Is there a better way to show the button to genres, title, year.../back button? I don't like that it is always in focus (no backdrop and a ugly big button) when you enter the tv-shows or movies. This is mainly a problem in poster-view for me, but also in list-view. I would recommend, if it's doable, to make it more subtle.
fillidill Wrote:The option to see a backdrop for the views doesn't seem to work for me? Maybe it's not finished yet?
What views do you mean?
fillidill Wrote:Is there a better way to show the button to genres, title, year.../back button? I don't like that it is always in focus (no backdrop and a ugly big button) when you enter the tv-shows or movies. This is mainly a problem in poster-view for me, but also in list-view. I would recommend, if it's doable, to make it more subtle.
If you mean hide this -

Then enable this -

Hitcher Wrote:What views do you mean?

I thought the backdrops would show up on all home styles (I use nr 2), but nevermind. I see now that I was wrong. I will modify it to my needs myself. Smile

Hitcher Wrote:If you mean hide this -

Then enable this -

Aaa so that's what it means. Didn't even know it were optional. Thanks for the tip.
I use the Recently Added Movies a lot too as well. Those submenus look great!