Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just amazing guys, you really are making a huge improvement to XBMC as a whole. Enjoy your well deserved time off with MW2.

Thank you all so much fro your hard and relentless work!
Thanks, it's appreciated.

I'm now off to play MW2, feel free to add me - Hitcher.
mmmhj... i see in your video that programs menu item is working in your environment... why on eatrh it isn't with me? Smile
again, really nice work, now what i'd be waiting for is some way of customizing submenus (like in aeon showmix)
thanks for all
The programs menu crashes here also.

But I really like the new menu's! Great, thanks for that. So much more easy to go to my latest added movies. (it only doesn't show the fanart like in the video, just the default movie thumb)
succo Wrote:mmmhj... i see in your video that programs menu item is working in your environment... why on eatrh it isn't with me? Smile
Try a different skin and let me know if it works then and I'll check the code.

succo Wrote:again, really nice work, now what i'd be waiting for is some way of customizing submenus (like in aeon showmix)
thanks for all
I did want to include that option (I personally want my iPlayer in the Video sub menu) but never had the time. Now the hard part's done I'm sure someone will come along and add it.
Is it correct that I don't have a mouse cursor after switching to Alaska. (using alpha1)
I love what you guys did in bringing Alaska to life! Really awesome...

In order to make it even better for my personal use, I've modded two new viewtypes in order to show my 4:3 and 16:9 anime videos in all their glory.

It isn't very polished yet but you'll get the point. Let me know if you're interested.
Hi Hitcher,

i love you Vision of Alaska. It is really amazing ...

But i found a nice Transition in the Video Poster View on Youtube. It is a Clip of the PS3 Version of Netflix.

Here is the link 0.0: PS3 Netflix

Interesting is the Transition at 0:55 to 1:15. I think it looks much smoother than the actual one.

Efty
efty.edge Wrote:Hi Hitcher,

But i found a nice Transition in the Video Poster View on Youtube. It is a Clip of the PS3 Version of Netflix.

Interesting is the Transition at 0:55 to 1:15. I think it looks much smoother than the actual one.

Efty
beautiful !
John Doe Wrote:I love what you guys did in bringing Alaska to life! Really awesome...

In order to make it even better for my personal use, I've modded two new viewtypes in order to show my 4:3 and 16:9 anime videos in all their glory.

It isn't very polished yet but you'll get the point. Let me know if you're interested.

I like it! I would love to get my hands on them. Are these views replacing other views btw?

efty.edge Wrote:Hi Hitcher,

Efty

I don't like that at all. It makes me dizzy ;D
fillidill Wrote:I like it! I would love to get my hands on them. Are these views replacing other views btw?

They are new views on top of the existing ones.
I am currently cleaning some stuff to make them perfect, it takes time as I am very new to XBMC (as you can guess from my number of posts).

Should be able to post the *.xml files sometime this week, if work permits it...
Always amazed how the community can make so many changes in so short windows, kudos to all skinners and developers!
not sure if this is just me or not, but on home 1 with custom backgrounds the movies pane seems to change on a different interval from all the other panes.

edit: restarted and it was fine. realized i had pressed up to check out the recently added movies, then backed down to the regular movies screen. not sure if there is a way to resync it once that happens or not. just wanted to clarify it's not on a different interval off the bat.
I have tried various SVN builds, but still I have no luck in getting the condition weather backgrounds working with Alaska, any idea?
maybe this was answered before, but will Alaska use unicode fonts? so we won't have issues like in Aeon were foreign characters would not show up?
Hitcher Wrote:Try a different skin and let me know if it works then and I'll check the code.
i did... i have to switch to something else every time i want to use svn repo installer, than switch back to alaska Smile

Quote:I did want to include that option (I personally want my iPlayer in the Video sub menu) but never had the time. Now the hard part's done I'm sure someone will come along and add it.
point taken