Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying the latest version, and color schemes are quite something !

Just for now I'll stick to the white, default one.
I'd look forward a "night" theme with those gradients

Where the bright spot are shaped like an "A" rather than like a "\"

On a different matter,

Since we're playing on a cosmetic point here, may there be a chance to see more fontsets (bigger, massive) in a near future ?
That would really improve usability...

GREAT SKIN.
All someone has to do is make a new filter.png to use with their theme.
I can see that the filter PNG is effecting the gradient but where is the original colour kept as it were? for instance on the dark theme there is blue and black. Presumably the blue is an effect of the filer.png on the black? Is it the black.png in common I would change if I wanted to change the colour of the back drop?
garyi Wrote:I can see that the filter PNG is effecting the gradient but where is the original colour kept as it were? for instance on the dark theme there is blue and black. Presumably the blue is an effect of the filer.png on the black? Is it the black.png in common I would change if I wanted to change the colour of the back drop?
No, you need to be looking in the colors folder at the different XMLs colour values as it's simply a white image with whatever colordiffuse you want to use.
Little update that allows a different colour AM/PM for 12hr clock users.

OK please don't hate me, the colour numbers in the XML files what do they refer too, in photoshop for instance you are allowed 6 letters/numbers but they are 8 in these files, could you just point me in the right direction.

Thanks
These are ARGB (AARRGGBB) colors, the first two letters tell how much you can see through the element. 00 means it is invisible, FF means it is fully visible.
garyi Wrote:OK please don't hate me, the colour numbers in the XML files what do they refer too, in photoshop for instance you are allowed 6 letters/numbers but they are 8 in these files, could you just point me in the right direction.

Thanks

The first two hex codes are for alpha.

FFFFFFFF

alpha
red
green
blue
Many thanks!
While on the subject of colours.

@Hitch

Which entry in the colour files is the defuse for music artist's and album covers when viewing in viewtype square? I am after the one for the non selected images.
it seems that if we pass an image to display on xbmc.notification dialog, it's masked by a red circle with "!" in it.

can it be desactivated if an image is sended ?
I thought I'd share my own personal adjustments to Red Slate with everyone, they're minor but they help imho:

For the new AMPM colour:
Quote: <color name="TimeAMPM">FFc89008</color>

The yellow that matches the skin looks good but can be hard to see, red seems wiser:
Quote: <color name="WatchedIconDiffuseNF">86ad0909</color>
<color name="WatchedIconDiffuseFO">FFad0909</color>

To modify the progress bar to match the yellow throught the skin:
Quote: <color name="OSDProgressBar">CBc89008</color>

Like I said just thought I'd share, don't wanna step on any toes. ^_^
hikaricore Wrote:I thought I'd share my own personal adjustments to Red Slate with everyone, they're minor but they help imho:

For the new AMPM colour:

The yellow that matches the skin looks good but can be hard to see, red seems wiser:

To modify the progress bar to match the yellow throught the skin:

Like I said just thought I'd share, don't wanna step on any toes. ^_^

great, but favorite windows is a bit unreadable
Amra Wrote:Thanks & Thanks to Hitcher for including the theme on Github. For the latest version of the Red Slate theme check the link in my signature. I just updated it to include the most recent changes on github to the color files.

Latest version of Red Slate theme for Alaska skin

ppic Wrote:great, but favorite windows is a bit unreadable

I'm using Amra's latest Red Slate from his mediafire url.
I suspect that Hitcher hasn't updated the copy in git yet.
MrTourettes Wrote:While on the subject of colours.

@Hitch

Which entry in the colour files is the defuse for music artist's and album covers when viewing in viewtype square? I am after the one for the non selected images.
Not been done yet I'm afraid.
ppic Wrote:it seems that if we pass an image to display on xbmc.notification dialog, it's masked by a red circle with "!" in it.

can it be desactivated if an image is sended ?
This is the DialogKaiToast.xml but I don't know what it's for so I would appreciate it if you could let me know. It should act the same as any other skin.