Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Huh? That video said uploaded Sep 17th, never seen those new icons before...

To get icon view: Settings/Alaska/Home/Check Home 2...Unless it changed I haven't pulled in a couple of days.
Hitcher Wrote:1. Select 'Home 2' in Alaska settings.

Unfortunately that doesn't work. I tried that. If I select "home 2" and go back to the home menu I just see those big word saying "Movies, TV Shows" and so on in the lower part of the screen, but no icons... ?
ilovei Wrote:Unfortunately that doesn't work. I tried that. If I select "home 2" and go back to the home menu I just see those big word saying "Movies, TV Shows" and so on in the lower part of the screen, but no icons... ?
Try using XBMC and not Plex. If you are using XBMC which svn revision?
Weavus Wrote:Try using XBMC and not Plex. If you are using XBMC which svn revision?

Im using XBMC. Sorry for asking but... how do I look up which revision im using?
Keyboard "s" then system info
mcborzu Wrote:Keyboard "s" then system info

Thanks, it says: 9.04.1 r20677
I'm loving the work going into this skin so far.
One thing thats bugging me, when a video is playing and you call up the info, there is no time indication, e.g. Current Run Time, Time Remaining, Start/Finish times. Any of these would be great, so you knew how long was left in a film.
Hi Hitcher, sorry but mine do not highlight black, they do not highlight anything. Its only in certain menus such as the one below. Also things like screen settings is the same you can move around the menu but its guess work as to where you are.

If you are saying the menus should look like this then I am saying I cannot differentiate between highlighted and none highlighted text. I am not sure why a couple of the items are red either, it does not represent them being highlighted.

RED indicates items you can't select as they're disabled.

I've changed the way the PATH is highlighted but all the rest (Browse, Add, Remove, Set Content, OK and Cancel) definitely change to black when highlighted.
ilovei Wrote:Thanks, it says: 9.04.1 r20677
Way too old for Alaska and probably most other skins by now.
Hitcher Wrote:RED indicates items you can't select as they're disabled.

I've changed the way the PATH is highlighted but all the rest (Browse, Add, Remove, Set Content, OK and Cancel) definitely change to black when highlighted.

I really don't want to dictate or come off as being an ass here.

But when looking at that screenshot Hitcher, the red stands out MORE than the grey, infact at first glance thats what my eye is drawn to, it doesn't look disabled at all, looks more like the active part, just my thoughts.

Nerd
Blackbolt Wrote:I really don't want to dictate or come off as being an ass here.

But when looking at that screenshot Hitcher, the red stands out MORE than the grey, infact at first glance thats what my eye is drawn to, it doesn't look disabled at all, looks more like the active part, just my thoughts.

Nerd

indeed it looks like thats what focused
I do agree with you both actually, it's just a leftover from using the 'Empty' skin.

All these dialogs need a major overhaul as I've done very little to them apart from making them functional in the skin.

What colour would you suggest I use that's fitting for the skin?
Hitcher Wrote:I do agree with you both actually, it's just a leftover from using the 'Empty' skin.

All these dialogs need a major overhaul as I've done very little to them apart from making them functional in the skin.

What colour would you suggest I use that's fitting for the skin?
You could just have them paler (more washed out) than the other active items?
Pesonally I'd test at giving the background of the dialogs a deep red to white tinge to it to make them stand out from the media window below it then use black grey white fonts. But that might look sucky when actually done but the idea sounds good lol Smile