Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You must have been bored...
logggio Wrote:You must have been bored...

That's a bit rude.

I think some people will appreciate seeing a quick movie of Alaska in action, ie. before downloading.
logggio Wrote:You must have been bored...

no not at all actually, i made it for a friend to convince him to sell his popcornhour and get a asrock ion 330.

but anyways...
to quote yourself:
logggio Wrote:This thread has been up for a dew days now and there's already 42 pages of what appears to be pointless blabber and personal opinion...
now that's me being bored...
Since this threads 'useful' comments got moved to a private thread, i figure everyone can play it safe and express their opinions the way they were without clouding any important information.

Why anyone would take offense to "you must have been bored" is beyond me Confused thanks captain obvious. I really should take more time to put things like "lol" at the end of my sentences because you people take things wayyy to freak'n serious sometimes.

LOL, hehehe... Whatever.

Take it easy, Log.
After about the first few pages, this entire thread should really be moved out of the "Development" section of the forums. Granted it's a useful thread to end-users trying to get the lastest and greatest Alaska working on their setups, but there's probably only a few developers left in here talking.

It's no longer:

Skin Development GUI and Web skins/themes, graphics development and suggestions.
No End-User Support Requests! Only skinners and graphic artists.

and should therefore probably be moved out of here to the end-user skin discussion main page under something like "Alaska Pre-Alpha Discussion Thread". That'll put an end to a lot of the negative comments about this thread as a whole since it will at least be in the correct place.
@nvaia

To get icon view that checkbox in Alaska settings works....Go to Settings>Alaska>Home>check Home 2.

Though when I first tried the HitcherUK skin it worked right after I checked that box. When I made a copy of the skin, so I can keep one untouched copy and one copy to mod, on the next try on the new skin after checking that box it didn't work. A simple refresh/restart of the skin got it the icon view to show up....
logggio Wrote:lottof txt

Dude this part: "no not at all actually, i made it for a friend to convince him to sell his popcornhour and get a asrock ion 330" is me replying to you... in a nice way see?

the rest is me being.... ow wait, i didn't use "lol" either... ow man.... sigh..
Wink

ontopic... I'm still surprised how well it works, for being a pre alpha version.
Now with the release of xperience nearby, we got 2 great skins to choose from.
mcborzu Wrote:@nvaia

To get icon view that checkbox in Alaska settings works....Go to Settings>Alaska>Home>check Home 2.

Though when I first tried the HitcherUK skin it worked right after I checked that box. When I made a copy of the skin, so I can keep one untouched copy and one copy to mod, on the next try on the new skin after checking that box it didn't work. A simple refresh/restart of the skin got it the icon view to show up....

Thanks man, that did the trick.
jaytyler Wrote:I don't think anybody has a problem with the private forum - that's fair enough. It's the 'secret' github forks that are the real issue.

You mean the "secret" HitcherUK github fork that was just moved again and is no longer available to the public?
nvaia Wrote:You mean the "secret" HitcherUK github fork that was just moved again and is no longer available to the public?

Hitchers one is still there Rolleyes
>>X<<' Wrote:Hitchers one is still there Rolleyes

Yes, the OLD Hitcher fork is still there. The fork with all the NEW fixes and improvements is in a private github account. Rolleyes Rolleyes
nvaia Wrote:Yes, the OLD Hitcher fork is still there. The fork with all the NEW fixes and improvements is in a private github account. Rolleyes Rolleyes

Sorry you are correct lol RolleyesRolleyesRolleyes
>>X<<' Wrote:Hitchers one is still there Rolleyes

Yes his old fork is still there, but I am refering to his new fork which I downloaded yesterday and is now gone. Not to sure why you didn't catch that in the previous post. Rolleyes
>>X<<' Wrote:Sorry you are correct lol RolleyesRolleyesRolleyes

It's OK, man. I think I was just enjoying the rolling eyes emoticon.
mavgink Wrote:Dude this part: "no not at all actually, i made it for a friend to convince him to sell his popcornhour and get a asrock ion 330" is me replying to you... in a nice way see?

the rest is me being.... ow wait, i didn't use "lol" either... ow man.... sigh..
Wink

ontopic... I'm still surprised how well it works, for being a pre alpha version.
Now with the release of xperience nearby, we got 2 great skins to choose from.

You like xperience better than ellipsis?

Xperience is very nice but I just don't see how making a skin look the xbox 360 dashboard is very creative. The ellipsis skin has the originality that makes it stand out. IMO