Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
djh_ Wrote:I like what you've done with the place. Nod
Thanks, I'm sure I speak for the rest of the team when I say that means a lot.
Great work with this skin hitcher. I have a simple question, where do i need to put the custom backdrops you've made for the multi image menu to get them to work?

EDIT: Never mind, figured it out after some searching.
Cant wait for the official release of this
Never using Aeon before since well I never have due to my Xbox I've tried this on one of my PC's and all I have to say is "WOW"

Seemed a little buggy and there are some things I'd like a little different, but I know its a work in progress and its expected and I'm glad I was given the chance to play with a project in progress I'm going to be watching this a lot because I really like what I see so far.
Hitcher,

I apologize if you are already aware of this but I've noticed a problem with 3 digit TV episode numbers (such as specials) being cropped in both the TV List & Landscape views. I've attached two screenshots below.

PS: Thanks for your (and your team's) work on this skin, I'm sure everyone appreciates it. Nod

this skin is just so elegant without fanart, I don't know why you'd ruin such a clean looking skin with randomness in the background Smile plus everything runs smoother when it isn't loading images in the background, especially when a lot of them are 1920x1080

Is there any possibility at some stage in the design of this wonderful piece of art to include an option to turn off fanart all together?

cheers,

jason.
I don't think that's too much to ask. Especially since i plan on running this on my daughters xbox.
I posted this...HERE...in Brams77 XBOX thread, with an option in Misc. settings to disable Fanart.

If you compress the images into a .xpr the skin runs great, disabling Fanart it runs even better...though setting icons aren't showing, I forgot to look into why that's happening.
Amra Wrote:Hitcher,

I apologize if you are already aware of this but I've noticed a problem with 3 digit TV episode numbers (such as specials) being cropped in both the TV List & Landscape views. I've attached two screenshots below.

PS: Thanks for your (and your team's) work on this skin, I'm sure everyone appreciates it. Nod
I didn't even know that Specials showed up like that - I'll look into it.
mcborzu Wrote:I posted this...HERE...in Brams77 XBOX thread, with an option in Misc. settings to disable Fanart.

If you compress the images into a .xpr the skin runs great, disabling Fanart it runs even better...though setting icons aren't showing, I forgot to look into why that's happening.
I tested on my Xbox the other day and it's runs really well but I also noticed that the Settings icons weren't showing for some strange reason.
moontan77 Wrote:Is the settings section working ok for anyone with xbmc linux? A lot of the options are appearing on top of each other so you cant make out what they are. Similar problem with an earlier build i was using a few weeks ago.

anyone else having this problem? same problem with different svn's. Other skins are fine. Also the rss feed gets messed up from time to time, as in its there but the text is unreadable.
I got the problem too, after selecting a other skin and i then go back it is all fine again.
moontan77 Wrote:anyone else having this problem? same problem with different svn's. Other skins are fine. Also the rss feed gets messed up from time to time, as in its there but the text is unreadable.

I just tried Alaska, and the settings for Alaska have the same problem for my SVN.

I'm also missing all the switches for settings, and when I change the skin to "red" it is turning red, only the text is getting lighter.

/Söder
Hitcher Wrote:I tested on my Xbox the other day and it's runs really well but I also noticed that the Settings icons weren't showing for some strange reason.

Same here and on the build of XBMC on my PPC Mac. I'll chalk it up to how old the build is ATM.
I've fixed this for the Xbox but would appreciate it if someone could check it on Linux.
Fixed on my linux machine.
Thanx!!

Oke after watching something it's all to the old way's