Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
jalesm Wrote:I made a port of _someone_'s dark PlexAlaska theme.

I also edited backdrops/filter.png because the old filter graphic worked better for this theme.
I might go back to the old filter but with a little something behind the clock.

What do you think?

Hitcher Wrote:My next skin - 'Moon on a stick'. Wink

Sad

I got made fun of. Anyway, if the colors cycled you could name it Seward's Folly (another name for Alaska, albeit a really old one)
Hitcher Wrote:I might go back to the old filter but with a little something behind the clock.

What do you think?
That looks great, the old filter was missing a little something at the top.
Hitcher Wrote:I might go back to the old filter but with a little something behind the clock.

What do you think?

Oh.. is the dark color scheme incorporated into the Alaska theme now?

Hitcher.. i must say - and I think everyone in here agrees with me - thank you so much for your effort. The time you put into all of this, the openness towards everyone and the help you provide...

Thank you!! Smile

ps. oh yea, and cheers to the xbmc guys as well.. Wink
ds.
jalesm Wrote:That looks great, the old filter was missing a little something at the top.

+1 Smile
one stupid¿? question about skin......is possible to move over the section while the program download info??
like here?
http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/7917/...ot000b.jpg
thx Smile

my only and favorite skin, by far, congratulations hitcher!! Wink
Hitcher Wrote:What do you think?

Your second screenshot (or actually colour scheme) takes Alaska to a next level for me! Excellent. Reminds me in a way of the Fluid concept screens. A clean and minimal approach with easy on the eye colours.

Is there a way to incorporate the home items more with the background? Like in this concept screen?

What do you think?

Very nice Smile
nice one Guybrush234.

here is Alaska_colorPreview version 2, I add more screens, filters and more.

Alaska_ColorPreview_V2

BTW, Hitcher.
*In home screen 1 , there is no option to set Settings Artwork
*there's also no option to hide Music, but weird is an option to hide settings ?? if you hide settings how you unhidden later?

*Does profile save individual color themes
*Does reboot always reboot the pc, is an option to just reboot XBMC (refresh)
reaven Wrote:BTW, Hitcher.
*In home screen 1 , there is no option to set Settings Artwork
*there's also no option to hide Music, but weird is an option to hide settings ?? if you hide settings how you unhidden later?

*Does profile save individual color themes
*Does reboot always reboot the pc, is an option to just reboot XBMC (refresh)
1. I'll look in to it later.

2. The hide options were borrowed from the Plex version and that didn't have it. To get to the Settings with it hidden simply bring up the Shutdown menu 's'.

3. No idea.

4. I don't think you can reboot XBMC on any platform apart from the Xbox.
tetsuo2es Wrote:one stupid¿? question about skin......is possible to move over the section while the program download info??
like here?
http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/7917/...ot000b.jpg
thx Smile

my only and favorite skin, by far, congratulations hitcher!! Wink
You can move around the skin while it's downloading.
Guybrush234 Wrote:Image

OMG, this is STUNNING
Really not that far from the current Alaska !
Is this the next step for the skin ?
That's an old mockup of a skin that was going to be name Fluid. I think Mediastream actually started out using Fluid as a basis, but ended up looking completely different.
Well, what takes it that far from actual Alaska ?
Gradients, reflections, that half disk out of the cover

I'd love to see an Alaska-blue with such gradients and reflections... and maybe a little separation between covers...
And I'd leave completely untouched all the rest of Alaska
(Top menu, clock, title and flags are 100% perfect in the actual Alaska)
chareos Wrote:Well, what takes it that far from actual Alaska ?
Gradients, reflections, that half disk out of the cover

I'd love to see an Alaska-blue with such gradients and reflections... and maybe a little separation between covers...
And I'd leave completely untouched all the rest of Alaska
(Top menu, clock, title and flags are 100% perfect in the actual Alaska)

I agree completely. The colour scheme and reflections are absolutely stunning. I'd leave every other detail of Alaska alone - but it'd be great to see a mod with these details added. Smile