Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
AnalogKid Wrote:Just tossing some *virtual* pizza at you guys...
I hate to be a killjoy but this is a skin _development_ forum. If you don't have anything constructive to say please consider not saying it.
Weavus Wrote:I hate to be a killjoy but this is a skin _development_ forum. If you don't have anything constructive to say please consider not saying it.

It's also a public forum
nvaia Wrote:It's also a public forum

Yes, but there are rules. For example, the Xperience thread is reserved for post-padding and pointless conversation. This thread is reserved for feature requests that will be ignored because the skin isn't even finished yet.

Rofl
theophile Wrote:Yes, but there are rules. For example, the Xperience thread is reserved for post-padding and pointless conversation. This thread is reserved for feature requests that will be ignored because the skin isn't even finished yet.

Rofl

lol
nvaia Wrote:It's also a public forum

See the name on the left hand side? if you don't recognise it... don't read it.
Simple.

It's a lighthearted form of encouragement to toss pizza at the coders (I am one).
If you're going to type anything, type some productive code rather than be so negative.
Hitcher Wrote:New private forum started -

http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=122

Sounds good.

Any way to get read access to that forum?

Read access, not write access Smile
as mentioned many times before, there's too much 'noise' going on in here.
this is supposed to be a place where skinners can ask questions and help each other out.
but lately many threads have been flooded with pointless, off-topic and negative user comments.
as a result, things that should be discussed here are being moved to private forums instead.

to prevent this from happening again in the future, please respect these forum rules:
Quote:Skin Development GUI and Web skins/themes, graphics development and suggestions.
No End-User Support Requests! Only skinners and graphic artists.
I'm not a skinner or graphic artist directly working on Alaska, but i've been keenly following its developement...And, so, i was just wondering if the extrathumbs that we've all acquired for using in Aeon will be put to use in this skin as well?

Sorry to be off-topic or non-constructive or anything...
ronie Wrote:as mentioned many times before, there's too much 'noise' going on in here.
this is supposed to be a place where skinners can ask questions and help each other out.
but lately many threads have been flooded with pointless, off-topic and negative user comments.
as a result, things that should be discussed here are being moved to private forums instead.

to prevent this from happening again in the future, please respect these forum rules:

Agreed but unfortunately the horse has bolted. I tried to point this out but I think through all the noise nothing is getting absorbed by anyone.

And for all those asking about feature XYZ the answer is: Maybe. Nothing has been finalized. And if you want the feature you can always code it yourself for either a mod or an inclusion in the "official" version of the skin. Look through the wiki, all the resources are there for you to learn to DIY.
AnalogKid Wrote:See the name on the left hand side? if you don't recognise it... don't read it.
Simple.

It's a lighthearted form of encouragement to toss pizza at the coders (I am one).
If you're going to type anything, type some productive code rather than be so negative.

Sounds great! Nod

Did you change the git location as well? I haven't seen any changes.

So sad for us mere mortals, but understandable.

Thanks to all of the Alaska peeps for getting me excited about my AppleTV again and here's hoping you continue to keep us and the XBOX people in mind.
Just a comment, the pause and new OSD buttons. Awesome. Awesome to the max.
erhnam Wrote:Did you change the git location as well? I haven't seen any changes.

Has this been changed? I'd be really disappointed if the community was kept completely out of this community project.

The private forum I can understand even if I disagree with the community not having a chance to participate in the development. Not letting the community see the progress is something that I really can't understand or agree with.