Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quick one.

First I'm gonna give props to Hitcher and the rest of the contributing skinners for taking on Alaska and making it into one of the cleanest, most usable skins out there.

Having used the skin as my main XBMC interface for a few weeks now, I think there are two things I am desperately missing from Auriga:

- Quick access to Recent movies and TV shows
- IMDB ratings

Everything else I can happily do without, as I really love the clean layout and the reduced need to manage auxiliary media like extrathumbs and whatnot.

Great work guys, once again.
Doraemonn Wrote:- Quick access to Recent movies and TV shows
- IMDB ratings

1)It's on the drawing board
2)I'll look into it for you.
Doraemonn Wrote:- Quick access to Recent movies and TV shows
Just map a key/remote button to go to:

XBMC.ActivateWindow(videolibrary,recentlyaddedepisodes,return)

&

XBMC.ActivateWindow(videolibrary,recentlyaddedmovies,return)

Viola!
My WAF dropped significantly with that approach.
OlafBerserker77 Wrote:My WAF dropped significantly with that approach.
Get a decent Harmony remote and you can make a nice virtual button (with a proper name like Recent TV) on the touchscreen menu. No WAF to deal with.
Hitcher Wrote:It's not something I feel should be a part of our development (extrathumbs aren't officially supported for a start) but there's nothing stopping it as a mod.

It's already in there without the thumbs.

Sorry.. I should have clarified.... is there a way to make the info pop up when scrolling through the movies?

Cheers..

Pete
Weavus Wrote:Get a decent Harmony remote and you can make a nice virtual button (with a proper name like Recent TV) on the touchscreen menu. No WAF to deal with.

I do have one, she gets pissed at it "Why can't we have a normal remote"
So I got all 7 remotes out, dropped them on her lap and sat there with my one Harmony.
Pete_London Wrote:Sorry.. I should have clarified.... is there a way to make the info pop up when scrolling through the movies?

Just press I.
OlafBerserker77 Wrote:I do have one, she gets pissed at it "Why can't we have a normal remote"
So I got all 7 remotes out, dropped them on her lap and sat there with my one Harmony.

Hahaha Big Grin Very recognisable!
I meant without pressing I....
alright. I downloaded the latest commit from hitcherUK at github...
love the new seekbar and movie info...

but my homescreen backdrops wont change... automatically. (like the sep 24 version)

does anybody know what needs to be changed?
@Doraemonn

You asking about IMDB ratings is this something you we're after?...

or text version:

[quote=mcborzu]@Doraemonn

You asking about IMDB ratings is this something you we're after?...

Precisely! Though I wouldn't mind it being displayed alongside the existing media flags, or even in the info panel. But essentially yes, that's it Smile

Also thanks Weavus for the keymapping advice - I like that solution, but my already overcrowded Harmony One screen might dictate me waiting until a more accessible solution is built into the skin itself Smile
mcborzu Wrote:@Doraemonn

I would like just the IMDb rating number, for example "7.6", to be shown where the Studio flag is now being shown.

I don't need the Studio flag, personally, and it's the only one of the flags that sometimes is missing (because of many small, obscure movie studios).

This would be perfect, imo Smile
PS. Even cooler would be a "real-time" settings menu, where you could turn on/off every single media flag and see the "live" effect of it, as you turn them on/off.

Yes... I'm "dreaming out loud" Smile