Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think it can be cool if the red circle style icons (as in settings menu) would be used in eome menu as well.
The could give alaska simple and very unfied look across whole skin.
sharkx Wrote:I think it can be cool if the red circle style icons (as in settings menu) would be used in eome menu as well.
The could give alaska simple and very unfied look across whole skin.

I totally agree, although I also like the original icons djh_ used in it's first version from Alaska.
redtapemedia Wrote:Image

Would it be ok if we could use these for the android remote? if you could mail me the images with transperant background?

They seem to make a great option menu icons. for those that doesn't have android and are interested, this is the option menu:
http://developer.android.com/images/menu...iagram.png
Here's the alternate home layout in action (with xTV icons for now) and the Settings menu with some icons I've knocked together using a red circle and icons from a couple of other skins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAVMsH8MB4c
Hitcher Wrote:Here's the alternate home layout in action (with xTV icons for now) and the Settings menu with some icons I've knocked together using a red circle and icons from a couple of other skins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAVMsH8MB4c

Nice!! I prefer the last one the most (from 17 till 23 seconds).

These icons are also very nice:

Did you have a look at djh_ older package? He posted a link to this package a while ago. These icons you'll find in there.
erhnam Wrote:Nice!! I prefer the last one the most (from 17 till 23 seconds).

These icons are also very nice:

Did you have a look at djh_ older package? He posted a link to this package a while ago. These icons you'll find in there.

They are the icons WE DONT HAVE PERMISSION TO USE!
Hitcher Wrote:This sounds like the best idea for the small red ones. As for the home menu ones, if we come up some default ones there's nothing stopping the user downloading the original ones for personal use.

Thanks.

The is by far the best option, user downloading the original ones for personal use.

Nod
lol Smile

Keep up the nice work with alaska guys. I did check out the new icons with loaders in them- like the arrow icon and the one for volume. My only concern with this is that it's hard to actually see the progress at all. In front of
my monitor they are visible. But on my 40" LCD tv about 3-4 meters away i cant see the volume progress or load progress.
about the icon situation... i might give it a shot to create new ones.
I see what i get during this weekend and post som example.
Just tried the progress bar with a darker grey and it's much easier to see with out being too dark.
redtapemedia Wrote:They are the icons WE DONT HAVE PERMISSION TO USE!

Sorry I wasn't aware of that.

Quote:The Iconfactory makes this content available only for personal, desktop use. All copyrights remain the property of their respective holders.

To work around this Hitcher could just finish the skin pretending if the icons are there. The final version could have the icons removed or replaced by new ones. Persons who would like to use the icons from the Iconfactory could replace them as they are available for personal use.
erhnam Wrote:Sorry I wasn't aware of that.

To work around this Hitcher could just finish the skin pretending if the icons are there. The final version could have the icons removed or replaced by new ones. Persons who would like to use the icons from the Iconfactory could replace them as they are available for personal use.
Umm -
Hitcher Wrote:This sounds like the best idea for the small red ones. As for the home menu ones, if we come up some default ones there's nothing stopping the user downloading the original ones for personal use.

Thanks.

xbs08 Wrote:The is by far the best option, user downloading the original ones for personal use.

Nod
Okee great. Somebody already mentioned this. Keep up the good work!! Thanks again.
Can we get a dedicated 'Alaska' forum now in 'Skin Help and Support' so we can compile a FAQ as a sticky so we can stop people asking the same stuff every few posts?

I'd also like to start compiling some ideas for the future that I don't want to bog the developers down with while they work on the core functionality.