Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hitcher Wrote:It's not finalised but here it is so far; note banners fit in nicely.

Ii's looking great, but ...
there's always some but Smile
IMO there is a problem with the margins.
I don't know if I can describe it properly but I try.

1. Poster view looking OK
2. In Banner view i think the left side of banner should align with "Now playnig" CD album art and with "TV Shows" header (on top)
3. In episode view screen view is to close to left edge of the screen. It should be also aligned with "Now Playing" and "TV Shows"

In all 3 views graphics should be in the same distance from the list.
sharkx Wrote:Ii's looking great, but ...

2. In Banner view i think the left side of banner should align with "Now playnig" CD album art and with "TV Shows" header (on top)
3. In episode view screen view is to close to left edge of the screen. It should be also aligned with "Now Playing" and "TV Shows"

that would be exactly what i would say.
seems like we have the same eye/concentration on perspective view Nod

anyway, that's pretty easy to fix. for a first view of possibilities, it's truly nice.
Looking really good Hitcher Big Grin

I had some ideas for views a while back that were along similar lines. Now I'm quite glad I never got the time to implement them as these are really taking shape.
sharkx Wrote:Ii's looking great, but ...

This is a common view type not separate Poster, Banner and Episode ones (poster and episodes already have their own view types anyway) so it has to work from a fixed point - in this case I choose left and centre of the focused item. As there's no way of knowing the image's dimensions (be it a poster, cd, episode, banner, picture, etc) you can only set a max length and height.
jaytyler Wrote:Unfortunately, all of these 'structure' mock-ups seem to move to make the skin just like every other - rather than being different or in the image that djh had. I'm much more excited at the prospect of something original than a white flavour of Aeon.

I agree, and that why I don't think we should move much further than adding lines between the list items and a maybe rss-bar at the bottom.
Hitcher Wrote:This is a common view type not separate Poster, Banner and Episode ones (poster and episodes already have their own view types anyway) so it has to work from a fixed point - in this case I choose left and centre of the focused item. As there's no way of knowing the image's dimensions (be it a poster, cd, episode, banner, picture, etc) you can only set a max length and height.

I understand.
Can you just align all graphic elements (poster, cd, episode, etc) to the right, so
it will always be in the same distance to the list, and set max lenght, so it will never extend beyond "Now Playing" and header text?
They are all the same distance from the list it's just that one pic was taken earlier in the day.
That explains everything.

I'm a graphic designer not a skinner,
I see and feel what is right or wrong with the picture.
I know how it should look like, a just have no idea how to make it in the skin.

Anyway keep up the great work Smile
Hitcher Wrote:They are all the same distance from the list it's just that one pic was taken earlier in the day.

The new TV views look ace, I would just drop the lines in the background and then your pretty much there. Nice work Big Grin
jaytyler Wrote:Unfortunately, all of these 'structure' mock-ups seem to move to make the skin just like every other - rather than being different or in the image that djh had. I'm much more excited at the prospect of something original than a white flavour of Aeon.

I agree. Just compare the one from djh and Hitcher. I really must say that I love the work Hitcher is doing, more than respect. But the first image djh had in mind is a more lean/clean version of the skin. Just compare the one from djh with the one below:

The complainers in this thread need to seriously back off before this project becomes a black box before it's finished.

Keep in mind, DJH hadn't finished alaska and I'm sure he has some input in how he wanted to finish it.
erhnam Wrote:I agree. Just compare the one from djh and Hitcher. I really must say that I love the work Hitcher is doing, more than respect. But the first image djh had in mind is a more lean/clean version of the skin. Just compare the one from djh with the one below:

Those are different view types. Hitcher already has a view type that matches the top screenshot. The bottom one is the "Files" view.
theophile Wrote:Those are different view types. Hitcher already has a view type that matches the top screenshot. The bottom one is the "Files" view.

YepWink
erhnam Wrote:I agree. Just compare the one from djh and Hitcher. I really must say that I love the work Hitcher is doing, more than respect. But the first image djh had in mind is a more lean/clean version of the skin. Just compare the one from djh with the one below:

Maybe you should download it first before you comment because the view in the first screen shot still exists along with the second one Rolleyes
I promised myself I wouldn't do this, but my only request is that non-family-friendly home screen background images not be included in the distro. After a git pull yesterday, my living room suddenly looked like a dorm room. Shocked