Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
igaryko Wrote:how can put de icons in home (first version of alaska with icons) editing de home.xml ? I don´t now how :confused2:
Please just wait until the option to use the old icons is committed to the git repository by Hitcher. This is an alpha skin and its very much a work in progress.
Someone's going to have to rein in the 'customer support' questions being asked here - they're a recipe for disaster. I was thinking: how about using the old private Aeon Group forum for the more dedicated design and development stuff? I haven't used it in months but I've a feeling it's still there. Maybe someone like spiff can give Hitcher the captain's chair and you can put it to better use?
I know it is wip, but i want to preview the first menu of djh_ with icons ...

Please, some can help me, saying what is the code to put the icons visible in the home ?
igaryko Wrote:i now it is wip, but i want to preview the first menu of djh_ with icons

Please, some can help me, saying what is the code to put the icons visible in the home ?
If you don't know how to add them yourself (hint, DJH posted a earlier version of the skin a few posts back) then maybe you should just wait till its supported in the git repository. It's been coded, it won't be long, just have some patience.
Hitcher Wrote:Home Menu video

Looking nice.

Qroach Wrote:Hitcher, just wondering about something i noticed with the icon animations in the early preview of Alaska. in the first youtube video released by DJH found here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-hn0ZIL-lg

When you select an icon or movie, the image scales up and down slightly, giving it a sort of bouncing appearance.

Can you add that animation back into Alaska?

I miss that to, a small detail that makes them look alive (or something, still a nice detail). Could be used for the icons in settings as well.
Weavus Wrote:If you don't know how to add them yourself (hint, DJH posted a earlier version of the skin a few posts back) then maybe you should just wait till its supported in the git repository. It's been coded, it won't be long, just have some patience.

Thanks for the explication. I'll be more patient Wink

The first version of the Home that made Djh_ is more fluid with that scales up and down in the icon when selected, so if you can, put than animation in your home version Hitcher, please Rolleyes
igaryko Wrote:how can put de icons in home (first version of alaska with icons) editing de home.xml ? I don´t now how :confused2:

Yes, go to home.xml and find the lines where it points to the assigned png file and change that to whatever icon you choose.
yes djh.. this needs to be moved to a private forum.
Far to musch "spam" and noise to get anything going.
djh_ Wrote:Someone's going to have to rein in the 'customer support' questions being asked here - they're a recipe for disaster. I was thinking: how about using the old private Aeon Group forum for the more dedicated design and development stuff? I haven't used it in months but I've a feeling it's still there. Maybe someone like spiff can give Hitcher the captain's chair and you can put it to better use?

First off, I want to thank djh, your interface literally got me in with a girl I'd been after. The sleek UI works for the ladies!

Second, I agree that while this is getting cluttered with tech support, the fact that this project is up and updating on github is a reason to make it a subforum in the skins directory. It's out of the bag, people are using it and updating it. It's clearly not ready yet, but a subforum is a great place for questions. This thread could stay as is so that new members can contribute to the project easily.
Wii60 Wrote:First off, I want to thank djh, your interface literally got me in with a girl I'd been after. The sleek UI works for the ladies!

Second, I agree that while this is getting cluttered with tech support, the fact that this project is up and updating on github is a reason to make it a subforum in the skins directory. It's out of the bag, people are using it and updating it. It's clearly not ready yet, but a subforum is a great place for questions. This thread could stay as is so that new members can contribute to the project easily.

I suggested this within the first day or so. Rolleyes
Hitcher Wrote:cf2009's Progress bar -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDqY7vcC-RU

It looks nice, but I don't think a downward pointing arrow makes much sense for indicating progress. I think that gives the impression that it's downloading something
sialivi Wrote:It looks nice, but I don't think a downward pointing arrow makes much sense for indicating progress. I think that gives the impression that it's downloading something

It is downloading something. The arrow fills up as it nears completion
I was curious of on the home menu ( I really love the use of the large faded titles for MOVIES, TV SHOWS, PICTURES, etc...) but I'm not much of a fan of the icons. I was wondering if there was a way to have the boxes there are now with out the tiny movie text and have the fanart showing with the large faded titles?
Hitcher and cf2009 are getting alaska completed first. There will be no mods for alaska until it is completed as to DJH's original intention. If you want to mod it to have fanart or whatever on the homescreen, take the source code and have a go at it, but hitcher and cf2009 have there hands full with getting the skin completed without having to think about adding in specific "mod" functions. Once its stable then there will be more mods than aeon.. lol

Anyways, keep up the good work, everytime i download the latest version im impressed with what has been added.

+1 to an alaska subforum. The requests are getting out of hand! maybe a private thread for hitcher, cf2009 and other contributors to discuss in so they can get the work done without all the requests/whining?