Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've already added it.

WingmanNZ

Hitcher Wrote:I've already added it.

Thank you so much, It works so well!
Great job on the skin! It's simple, and looks great on the big screen!

Are you planning any new views? I like the current views, but not quite enough to make this the default skin. I would love some sort of Media Wrap view for movies, and a Wide Icon view for television shows! Would this be possible? (these views I'm referring to are MediaStream views).

On a side note, I really love the media flags in Alaska, so nice!Nod
At the moment the primary focus is to get it working and complete. It is not very hard to add new views. Feel free to download the skin and implement your "Media Wrap". If it is working properly and fits the skins overall look and feel it can get part of Alaska.
^^ Completely understandable! Getting the skin finished is top priority! Anyways thanks again, and I look forward to seeing where this skin goes Smile

P.S. In the screen cap above how is there a thumb of the film (crank)? I don't get that in any view...

Also, I noticed in many screen caps there is a sort of pink tint in the corners, yet it is only white in my version. Was the changed on purpose, or is there a setting to enable that?
Hitcher Wrote:Looking at the log it appears you're trying to set an image and then a folder. With 'Weather Artwork based on current conditions' enabled these options are hidden and the images are loaded from the 'weather' folder found in the 'extras' folder.

Hi,

Apologies, uploaded wrong log, even with 'Weather Artwork based on current conditions' enabled they still do not load. Uploaded new log. Please help

XBMC.log
fungun_007 Wrote:Hi,

Apologies, uploaded wrong log, even with 'Weather Artwork based on current conditions' enabled they still do not load. Uploaded new log. Please help

XBMC.log

Found and fixed the issue in git. Should be available in Hitchers git very soon.
ccMatrix Wrote:Found and fixed the issue in git. Should be available in Hitchers git very soon.

Thank you, looking forward to the fix. In which git did you make the fix?
Still no luck, no backdrops loading

WingmanNZ

UnisonRuss Wrote:^^ Completely understandable! Getting the skin finished is top priority! Anyways thanks again, and I look forward to seeing where this skin goes Smile

P.S. In the screen cap above how is there a thumb of the film (crank)? I don't get that in any view...

Also, I noticed in many screen caps there is a sort of pink tint in the corners, yet it is only white in my version. Was the changed on purpose, or is there a setting to enable that?

the screen cap in the lower left corner is actually the movie playing. Im guessing Hitcher was playing the video and then returned to the menu with the video still playing. the same thing happens for music.
Hitcher Wrote:Right, I've updated the text colours so everyone should be able to see the difference now.

Nice ! I'm going to try this immediately !

Next step to improve readability for everyone:
Provide via skin menu a bigger, and even a bigger one (in size) font set

In a living room setup, on a 32" I hardly can read the plots!
Tinkering here and there, it seems that increasing the smallest font size by 5 gives a good compromise between style and readability.
Perhaps you could make a +3 set and a +5 one.
will there be a darker version in the future?
it is a very nice skin, but on a plasma-tv, it is just too much white.
the panel sounds like an old CRT-TV....
donabi Wrote:will there be a darker version in the future?
it is a very nice skin, but on a plasma-tv, it is just too much white.
the panel sounds like an old CRT-TV....

More than likely, I've started work on making it easy to choose the colours for the background and filter but whether it'll be from us or a mod I can't say.
fungun_007 Wrote:Hi,

XBMC.log

There's nothing in that log that indicates they're not loading.

Here's part of my log when I remove the 'weather' folder -

Code:
ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\skin\Alaska\extras\weather\
ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting special://skin/extras/weather/
ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\skin\Alaska\extras\weather\na\
ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting special://skin/extras/weather/na/
ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\skin\Alaska\extras\weather\30\
ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting special://skin/extras/weather/30/
ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\skin\Alaska\extras\weather\30\
ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting special://skin/extras/weather/30/
ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\skin\Alaska\extras\weather\11\
ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting special://skin/extras/weather/11/
ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\skin\Alaska\extras\weather\12\
ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting special://skin/extras/weather/12/
ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\skin\Alaska\extras\weather\12\
ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting special://skin/extras/weather/12/
ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\skin\Alaska\extras\weather\11\
ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting special://skin/extras/weather/11/

What image appears in the Weather panel?
I am running Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic) and latest XBMC svn. Installed the latest version of Alaska yesterday and have the following issues:

XBMC closes when I go to programs or when I get to the point in a plugin where it tries to play video.

When I go into Music it defaults to Library mode, even if I previously chose file mode.

Any suggestions?