Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hitcher Wrote:We don't have a Includes_Filemanager.xml so I'm not sure when that got in there.

In includes.xml it asks for a
<include file="Includes_Filemanager.xml" />

Maybe that goes wrong?

And where does the extras folder goes now? At the moment I have one in media and one in /Alaska for the weather pics
@Hitcher: XBMC also crashes on OSX when entering programs. I took a quick look into it. It's the following part in MyPrograms.xml:
Code:
        <control type="fixedlist" id="50">
            <visible>false</visible>
        </control>
After deleting it it works.
Hitcher Wrote:It should have a slight grey tint to it but then I'm using a monitor to work on the skin plus I'm colour blind lol.

What files do I have to change to get that red/pink color back in the left lower corner? Is that a specific png file I can replace?
sandman4sure Wrote:And where does the extras folder goes now? At the moment I have one in media and one in /Alaska for the weather pics
Straight in the skin folder now (see first post).
_someone_ Wrote:@Hitcher: XBMC also crashes on OSX when entering programs. I took a quick look into it. It's the following part in MyPrograms.xml:
Code:
        <control type="fixedlist" id="50">
            <visible>false</visible>
        </control>
After deleting it it works.
Cheers. Found that in a few more XML's so I've deleted them.
sandman4sure Wrote:What files do I have to change to get that red/pink color back in the left lower corner? Is that a specific png file I can replace?
Check the default.xml (found the the colors folder) for BackgroundrColor and BackgroundFilterColor.
Hitcher Wrote:Straight in the skin folder now (see first post).

Cheers. Found that in a few more XML's so I've deleted them.

Check the default.xml (found the the colors folder) for BackgroundrColor and BackgroundFilterColor.

Great, thank you!

And the Programs fix works great here on OSX
I can see why it was doing it now but it's strange it worked fine on Windows.

If everyone's happy for now I'm heading back to MW2.
Hitcher Wrote:I can see why it was doing it now but it's strange it worked fine on Windows.

If everyone's happy for now I'm heading back to MW2.
Thanks HitcherUK

Xbox 360 or PS3? Awesome game... Search & Destroy when I get home.
Will we soon be able to change the tint/color in the settings?

I like the new clean grey look but I'm probably going to miss the pink (or maybe blueish) tint in the long run Smile

Happy gaming to u guys!
Hitcher Wrote:With Conditional Weather on the image you see in the Weather panel should be the current condition. When you scroll down you'll see the weather image for the corresponding days. And finally when you get the the weather Settings option you'll see the default weather image.

The conditional weather image sometimes changes between a night one, and a cloudy sunny one...but after reading this, I tried switching to different days, some days coming up show rain or thunder, but it still shows the partially cloudy image in the home menu icon.

edit: nevermind, i didnt see you changed the location of the extras folder....works now!
hi

would it be possible to make now playing looks like in rapier, as dimmed in the background, instead of the box in the lower left corner?

just an idea/hopefull request?

greetings
cbb
I'd just like to mention the profile select screen displayed at startup, in case it's just slipped out of mind (it may well be at the bottom of the list, but just in case it's not even on the radar...).

At the moment it's actually quite hard to tell which profile you're selecting to load - there's no graphical indication by colour or symbol which is the highlighted/selected entry.

I updated from git last night and removed all the Alaska settings from guisettings.xml in case it was an oddity on my system, but that didn't seem to change it.
Cool_bombom Wrote:hi

would it be possible to make now playing looks like in rapier, as dimmed in the background, instead of the box in the lower left corner?

just an idea/hopefull request?

greetings
cbb
No, sorry but that's part of Alaska.
asandir Wrote:I'd just like to mention the profile select screen displayed at startup, in case it's just slipped out of mind (it may well be at the bottom of the list, but just in case it's not even on the radar...).

At the moment it's actually quite hard to tell which profile you're selecting to load - there's no graphical indication by colour or symbol which is the highlighted/selected entry.

I updated from git last night and removed all the Alaska settings from guisettings.xml in case it was an oddity on my system, but that didn't seem to change it.
If you look at the XML and it's got <!--Empty--> on the first line then we've not even started working on it.
Ayla Wrote:Will we soon be able to change the tint/color in the settings?

I like the new clean grey look but I'm probably going to miss the pink (or maybe blueish) tint in the long run Smile

Happy gaming to u guys!
Colour schemes appear in the Appearance settings so if someone makes a new one we can easily add it to Alaska.

I'm currently converting the textures to white so their colours can easily be changed in the same way as the backgrounds and text by adding a diffuse colour to them.

Here's a quick test from earlier made simply by changing three colour tags.

Obviously I'm not great when it comes to choosing colours but this gives you an idea of just how easy it'll be to customise.
Hitcher Wrote:No, sorry but that's part of Alaska.

what about making it as an option, so it would be possible to choose how it is shown?

greetings
cbb
actually the purple theme looks rather good