Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to remove 'Music' from my Home screen? (Using Home1)
furii Wrote:not sure if this is just me or not, but on home 1 with custom backgrounds the movies pane seems to change on a different interval from all the other panes.

edit: restarted and it was fine. realized i had pressed up to check out the recently added movies, then backed down to the regular movies screen. not sure if there is a way to resync it once that happens or not. just wanted to clarify it's not on a different interval off the bat.
fungun_007 Wrote:I have tried various SVN builds, but still I have no luck in getting the condition weather backgrounds working with Alaska, any idea?
There's no way to the Movie one back in sync with the others and the only other option would be to reset them all whenever you focus on the main labels again but that would look even worse IMO.
succo Wrote:i did... i have to switch to something else every time i want to use svn repo installer, than switch back to alaska Smile
It would have helped if you told me which skin it works on.
Also, try out the latest build I've made some changes.
whitedwarf88 Wrote:Is there a way to remove 'Music' from my Home screen? (Using Home1)
Not at the moment.
Hitcher,

I still cannot get my conditional weather background to work with Alaska. I have tried XMBC 9.04.1 as well as the latest SVN releases and still no luck.

I followed the instructions of extracting the extras into alaska/media but no luck. Please help!
fungun_007 Wrote:Hitcher,

I still cannot get my conditional weather background to work with Alaska. I have tried XBMC 9.04.1 as well as the latest SVN releases and still no luck.

I followed the instructions of extracting the extras into alaska/media but no luck. Please help!
Post a debug log.
Anyone looked at my mouse item? I don't have a mouse pointer when I activate Alaska. Anyone?
erhnam Wrote:Anyone looked at my mouse item? I don't have a mouse pointer when I activate Alaska. Anyone?
The skin is not designed for mouse usage.
Hitcher Wrote:Post a debug log.

Will do, where is the debug log stored? Name?
fungun_007 Wrote:Will do, where is the debug log stored? Name?

It's in the sticky

http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=56
about the 'programs problem', it works perfectly with aeon Phil65 (to say one) but works with showmix and hitched (!) too Smile
Hitcher Wrote:Post a debug log.

Hi,

Here are the logs as requested. Just to refresh everyone memory, I cannot get Alaska to load the conditional weather backdrops.

XBMC.log
fungun_007 Wrote:Hi,

Here are the logs as requested. Just to refresh everyone memory, I cannot get Alaska to load the conditional weather backdrops.

XBMC.log
Looking at the log it appears you're trying to set an image and then a folder. With 'Weather Artwork based on current conditions' enabled these options are hidden and the images are loaded from the 'weather' folder found in the 'extras' folder.
succo Wrote:about the 'programs problem', it works perfectly with aeon Phil65 (to say one) but works with showmix and hitched (!) too Smile
Have you tried the latest build?
Hitcher, the New Home is F*ckin Awesome. But I want to know why New Episodes in Series Show me an empty screen :S

Thanks for this hard work
Hitcher Wrote:Have you tried the latest build?

yes, i did... still no way
did you take your video under win? i notice in the log something about wrong cases, something like asked for FileA.png, used filea.png, could that be part of the problem?
I'm going to try alaska under win just to see and let you know
hitcher..

atm it's hard to see which option is the selected one in settings, you have to have a real close look to notice the difference between the selected and the non-selected options.

how about coloring the selected option in red?