Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
reaven Wrote:I thought it was just me , I have the scripts hidden but it still shows up and selectable.

Yeah me too.

reaven Wrote:working on a few things more..

looking good!
I know this was mentioned earlier, but can't seem to find any good answers/solutions.

I really don't like going through the two menus (with genre and so on) when pressing back in either my movies or TV collection.

Maybe this isn't an alaska issue per se but I know that I did not have this problem with earlier versions of alaska and maybe there is a simple solution how to change this to it's previous state.

I've added <backspace>XBMC.ActivateWindow(Home)</backspace> under <MyVideoLibrary> but this (obviously) takes me back directly to the Home screen from whatever screen I'm in. If I accidentally opened the wrong season of a TV show I'd like to watch I have to go through Home -> TV shows -> browse through all my shows -> hopefully pick the right season... instead of just pressing back and choosing the correct season.

Is there a way to let <backspace> be "ParentDir" in the screen where you pick both seasons and episodes but "XBMC.ActivateWindow(Home)" only in the TV shows and Movies screen (the root directories)?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the slight OT subject.
XBMC always has had backspace go up in the tree (ParentDir) and ESC closes out whatever section I'm in.
'Back' takes you straight to Home since I made the sub menus so you must be using an older build.
Amra Wrote:Well the 2 main files I changed in order to achieve the custom background were media\backdrops\filter.png (I removed all gradients from it & it is now just an empty graphics file which allows the new background to show thru. That file (the dark red slate) is the media\common\white.png file.
The whole point of the colordiffuse tags is so you don't have to edit the textures. The filter can be made totally transparent if you want and the background changed to red.
mcborzu Wrote:It should be "skin\Alaska\media\extras\Studios"
Not for a while now.

skin\Alaska\extras\Studios

reaven Wrote:I thought it was just me , I have the scripts hidden but it still shows up and selectable.
Fixed the Weather bug but can't reproduce the Scripts showing up in the Programs sub menu.
Hitcher Wrote:Fixed the Weather bug...

Confirmed, cheers
Hitcher Wrote:'Back' takes you straight to Home since I made the sub menus so you must be using an older build.

Yes, but I didn't like that, because my remote only has limited buttons, and I want the same button to go to Home from TV and Movie screen but ParentDir in season and episode screen, is that possible?

EDIT: I'm using the latest build, it's just that I don't want it to go straight to Home so I'm trying to modify the keymaps to change the functionality of the Back button.
reta Wrote:Yes, but I didn't like that, because my remote only has limited buttons, and I want the same button to go to Home from TV and Movie screen but ParentDir in season and episode screen, is that possible?

EDIT: I'm using the latest build, it's just that I don't want it to go straight to Home so I'm trying to modify the keymaps to change the functionality of the Back button.

Open Includes.xml

Look for <onclick>ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,movietitles)</onclick>
Add ",return" after movietitles
Do the same for <onclick>ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,tvshowtitles)</onclick>
Hitcher Wrote:'Back' takes you straight to Home since I made the sub menus so you must be using an older build.

Hi Hitcher. I think you did it only for Home1 but not the other Home menus
RazorFR Wrote:Hi Hitcher. I think you did it only for Home1 but not the other Home menus
I didn't add 'return' to the other views because there'd be no way of getting to 'Genres', 'Studios', 'Actors', etc.
I love the progress of Alaska and the fix that was recently applied to hide the media flags for sets on the movie menu, which leads me to the next logical question about sets. Does xbmc allow for a way to prevent repeating entries when viewing a set of less than 7? I know this has been looked at recently, but not sure where it stands at the moment. It looks pretty ugly when you see repeats when viewing a smaller movie set such a trilogy.

Keep up the great work everyone!
RazorFR Wrote:Open Includes.xml

Look for <onclick>ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,movietitles)</onclick>
Add ",return" after movietitles
Do the same for <onclick>ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,tvshowtitles)</onclick>

Thanks a million! Just what I was looking for Smile
indy5 Wrote:I love the progress of Alaska and the fix that was recently applied to hide the media flags for sets on the movie menu, which leads me to the next logical question about sets. Does xbmc allow for a way to prevent repeating entries when viewing a set of less than 7? I know this has been looked at recently, but not sure where it stands at the moment. It looks pretty ugly when you see repeats when viewing a smaller movie set such a trilogy.

The Aeon threads had this same discussion afew months ago and the engine either allows a fixed list or not. Unless svn changes have been made then it's still the status quo.
indy5 Wrote:I love the progress of Alaska and the fix that was recently applied to hide the media flags for sets on the movie menu, which leads me to the next logical question about sets. Does xbmc allow for a way to prevent repeating entries when viewing a set of less than 7? I know this has been looked at recently, but not sure where it stands at the moment. It looks pretty ugly when you see repeats when viewing a smaller movie set such a trilogy.

It's something I've been wanting for a while now but alas not possible.
Hitcher Wrote:So I can't choose between a fixedlist and a wraplist based on the number of items in those lists then?

jmarshall Wrote:I suspect not, correct. It's chicken and the egg - the control has to be filled before it knows how many items it has in it (and thus become visible or hidden), and it has to be visible to be filled.

Cheers,
Jonathan