Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Definitely like the second one much better.
I vote the second one as well.

Hitcher: what do you think of no frame around the icons/fan art?
2nd is sweet....
2nd one for me as well...
Hitcher Wrote:Been playing around with the Night theme but can't decide which, if any, window colours to go with.

Opinions or more ideas welcome.

Would it be possible to graduately change the colors, based on the time of day? That would be REALLY cool!
They could be transparent, or frosted.. ? Just ideas.. Smile
tetsuo2es Wrote:Sorry the off-topic, but after about 1 year using and testing the diferent builds of xbmc, i got the same ¿problem?, i can´t move on menus and the rss feed stops while program downloads info Sad
Strange but it's not a skin problem.
OK both of the new themes have been added and pushed to Git, and also uploaded to MediaFire. Enjoy.
nice, I have test a few colors in the template and made a few ones with different colors combination and add them all selectable via the color option in settings.

Alaska is the only skin that I like without fanart, because is so simple and color based not image based it runs smooth in appleTV
Red Slate is beautiful, and I found some interesting combinations playing around with the colors and such.
The only thing I can see is that the background of all the themes obscures the fanart just a little too much for my taste.
hikaricore Wrote:Red Slate is beautiful, and I found some interesting combinations playing around with the colors and such.
The only thing I can see is that the background of all the themes obscures the fanart just a little too much for my taste.

you can always play with the opacity in the color. if you put 00 in the color first 2 digits you could see the complete fanart.

I would like to know how that goes from 00 is the exact translation like from 0 to 100% convert to hex or from 0 to 255 ?
where 20% is 14 and 75% is 4b ?

I think I get is the color fill from 0 to 255 or in hex from 00 to FC.
reaven Wrote:you can always play with the opacity in the color.

I'll look into that this weekend, just mentioning it. ^_^
reaven Wrote:I would like to know how that goes from 00 is the exact translation like from 0 to 100% convert to hex or from 0 to 255 ?
where 20% is 14 and 75% is 4b ?

I think I get is the color fill from 0 to 255 or in hex from 00 to FC.

Alpha is just like any other hex colour. It goes from 00 transparent to FF opaque.
I usually think of alpha just like I do a greyscale for the easiest translation.
hikaricore Wrote:Alpha is just like any other hex colour. It goes from 00 transparent to FF opaque.

ok thanks !!
Hitcher Wrote:Been playing around with the Night theme but can't decide which, if any, window colours to go with.

Opinions or more ideas welcome.

I like both, maybe the 2nd a tad more.

Not sure if you were looking for other ideas but I really liked cf2009's black gradient. Maybe that's more for down the road with mod's but I think it looks classy (it's in git too isn't it so maybe easy to incorporate?). If trying to match the other gradient colors on-screen, maybe change the black-to-white to a black-to-other gradient color where the labels are?