Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
mcborzu Wrote:@redtapemedia

<majorly off topic>

That idea is perfect but I think it has more to do with IMDB and how the studios in general hand out who's on the billing

</majorly off topic>

See http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php...post424484 in Feature Suggestions Wink </threadjack>

wouldnt it be even more balanced if aspect ratio would have its own flag?
neurosis13 Wrote:Image

wouldnt it be even more balanced if aspect ratio would have its own flag?

dunno... i think its good the way it is, because aspect ratio is a function of the video itself, not really a seperate thing, like rating and audio are.
I updated xbmc for osx this morning and downloaded hitchers latest commit. For some reason it looks like the screens below:
ImageImage

I was wondering if anyone has the same problem or is it just me? If I've just done something stupid does anyone know what it is? Thanks.
Try an older build of XBMC so we can eliminate one or the other.
ronie Wrote:i like the new mediaflags, well done!
but wouldn't it look more 'balanced' if you'd swap the audio channels/codec fields?

I think you're right actually.
Is the settings section working ok for anyone with xbmc linux? A lot of the options are appearing on top of each other so you cant make out what they are. Similar problem with an earlier build i was using a few weeks ago.
Hitcher Wrote:I think you're right actually.

It is possible to move the information a bit down on screen? Some media flags cut the bottom of the movie description.
Silverskool Wrote:It is possible to move the information a bit down on screen? Some media flags cut the bottom of the movie description.
Really?

I spent a lot of time checking all the views to make sure this didn't happen.

Can you post a screenshot?
Hitcher Wrote:I think you're right actually.

I like the fact that the video parts are merged now to be honest. One thing that bugs me is that the flags seem the be the first thing that draw the eye on the whole screen - they're quite 'heavy' when the rest of the skin is so light and no other 'furniture' pulls attention. I don't know how to fix this tho...
Hitcher Wrote:Really?

I spent a lot of time checking all the views to make sure this didn't happen.

Can you post a screenshot?

It´s the CBS studio flag in landscape view for the TV shows.

One additional question: Is text scrolling in landscape view working? It seems for me not.
Hitcher Wrote:Try an older build of XBMC so we can eliminate one or the other.

I tried an older build and it was the same. I then switched skins and noticed I'm getting weird issues on them as well (eg. bands of colour instead of a gradient), so just letting you know it doesn't seem to be an Alaska issue. Looks like I have a problem to find!
I know that we are trying to avoid useless clutter in this thread, so I hope no one minds me asking this. I updated to the latest commit and in that change, I lost the multi-image Home screen. Not the Home screen itself, but the images rotating does not happen anymore. How can I add this back in? I tried flipping through some XMLs and GitHub, but could not figure it out. Please help someone (if you have a second and don't mind). Thank you ...
You'll have to edit your guisettings.xml (found in your USERDATA folder) and add the paths to these settings -
Code:
<setting type="string" name="Alaska.customprograms"></setting>
        <setting type="string" name="Alaska.custompictures"></setting>
        <setting type="string" name="Alaska.customvideos"></setting>
        <setting type="string" name="Alaska.custommusic"></setting>
        <setting type="string" name="Alaska.custommovies"></setting>
        <setting type="string" name="Alaska.customtv"></setting>
        <setting type="string" name="Alaska.customweather"></setting>
        <setting type="string" name="Alaska.customsettings"></setting>
        <setting type="string" name="Alaska.customgames"></setting>
I like what you've done with the place. Nod