Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Are wraplists that good? I don't find any problem with the fixed lists used for the seasons (apart from not being able to jump from one end to the other anymore... any reason that was disabled?). I think I could live with fixed lists throughout the poster views.
I made a port of _someone_'s dark PlexAlaska theme. Link

Extract the zip into XBMC\skin\Alaska. PM me with any questions/suggestions/fixes you have.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

For the developers, I listed the media files I edited here I also edited backdrops/filter.png because the old filter graphic worked better for this theme.
jalesm Wrote:I made a port of _someone_'s dark PlexAlaska theme. Link

Extract the zip into XBMC\skin\Alaska. PM me with any questions/suggestions/fixes you have.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

For the developers, I listed the media files I edited here I also edited backdrops/filter.png because the old filter graphic worked better for this theme.

Really nice work and love how this skin is coming along. In fact with this color scheme its now my default skin over Hitchers Aeon mod.....

Kudos to Hitcher and crew...
Really nice color scheme.. nice! Would be nice if one could toggle between a few diff color schemes like this darker blueish one and the white redish..

Great work.. Smile

jalesm Wrote:I made a port of _someone_'s dark PlexAlaska theme.
mlmc Wrote:Really nice color scheme.. nice! Would be nice if one could toggle between a few diff color schemes like this darker blueish one and the white redish..

Thats exactly what it allows you to do, select color schemes under the appearance settings. He just listed the files modified for the developers...
Great work guys, makes it all worth while.
uncertainty Wrote:Thats exactly what it allows you to do, select color schemes under the appearance settings. He just listed the files modified for the developers...

Yes, and that's great.. but..

Hitcher Wrote:Great work guys, makes it all worth while.

..will the Blue colors be part of the 'official' Alaska theme as well? If so, when can I 'git pull' it? Smile
uncertainty Wrote:Thats exactly what it allows you to do, select color schemes under the appearance settings. He just listed the files modified for the developers...

but that only change the font color on some texts
reaven Wrote:but that only change the font color on some texts

Not sure why it only modified the font color for you but when I downloaded the link from Jalesm it modified the entire color scheme and theme once selected.

http://www.mediafire.com/?wjzdimjkjoq
reaven Wrote:but that only change the font color on some texts

Did you unzip both the color and media folder to your Alaska directory and select night from the themes list? If you just select it from the colors list it won't automatically load the theme, but if you select the theme it will automatically load the colors.

Another thing: I noticed that the in seekbar in my theme was white, while the osd was fine. I was playing around with DialogSeekbar and found out it was missing some color diffuse tags.

To fix, go to DialogSeekbar.xml and add "<colordiffuse>BackgroundColor</colordiffuse>" below line 22 and change line 31 from "<colordiffuse>BackgroundColor</colordiffuse>" to <colordiffuse>BackgroundFilterColor</colordiffuse>. The OSD_Progress Graphics should probably have the <colordiffuse>OSDProgress</colordiffuse> included as well. I edited the osd progress graphics so that the diffusetags can work. link

The Movie Info in DialogFullscreenInfo needs custom text colors as well.
jalesm Wrote:I made a port of _someone_'s dark PlexAlaska theme. Link

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Very nice! I like all the color choices that are starting to appear.
jalesm Wrote:Did you unzip both the color and media folder to your Alaska directory and select night from the themes list? If you just select it from the colors list it won't automatically load the theme, but if you select the theme it will automatically load the colors.

Another thing: I noticed that the in seekbar in my theme was white, while the osd was fine. I was playing around with DialogSeekbar and found out it was missing some color diffuse tags.

To fix, go to DialogSeekbar.xml and add "<colordiffuse>BackgroundColor</colordiffuse>" below line 22 and change line 31 from "<colordiffuse>BackgroundColor</colordiffuse>" to <colordiffuse>BackgroundFilterColor</colordiffuse>. The OSD_Progress Graphics should probably have the <colordiffuse>OSDProgress</colordiffuse> included as well. I edited the osd progress graphics so that the diffusetags can work. link

The Movie Info in DialogFullscreenInfo needs custom text colors as well.

sorry i didn't know it was another theme version i have the one post in the first post
not sure if this is a bug or not. i thought the movie detail view had the poster to the left of the details. as you can see on my setup it doesn't. running the latest git pull and camelot a2.

edit: just checked and this only happens in the file and square views so it might be intentional. poster view shows the poster in detail view, and fanart shows the fanart in detail view.
I changed BackgroundPictureColor to 30001BCD in night.xml for a much darker blue. Looks a little weird with fanart in the background, which I will try to figure out later. I use such a dark blue because my TV apparently likes to exaggerate colors. So my modification looks crappy on my laptop, but good on my TV.
DDM123 Wrote:I changed BackgroundPictureColor to 30001BCD in night.xml for a much darker blue. Looks a little weird with fanart in the background, which I will try to figure out later. I use such a dark blue because my TV apparently likes to exaggerate colors. So my modification looks crappy on my laptop, but good on my TV.