Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
nm
Hey thanks for this absolutely awesome skin! Loaded it up today and my flatmates who really don't understand what XBMC is were impressed.

What size should I be using for the posters? I am running at 720p so want to make sure they look as nice as possible!
azido Wrote:hitcher..

atm it's hard to see which option is the selected one in settings, you have to have a real close look to notice the difference between the selected and the non-selected options.

how about coloring the selected option in red?

Absolutely Agree with this one.... Big Grin or any color other than that of the non selected.. Interestingly I can tell the difference on my PC Monitor but on the 40" LCD TV you can not tell the difference at all !
Broads Wrote:Absolutely Agree with this one.... Big Grin or any color other than that of the non selected.. Interestingly I can tell the difference on my PC Monitor but on the 40" LCD TV you can not tell the difference at all !

sounds like you need to adjust the contrast on your tv. if you've got everything configured correctly you should have no problems at all. i've personally used a thx bluray calibration disc, but i've seen others as well.
Hi Hitcher

first off ... super nice skin ... love it!!

reason i write is that i experience the same problem as Succo, 'programs'
and 'scripts' makes XBMC crash!! I have no prblems in Aeon, PMIII HD, Rapier...

i use latest 9.11 alpha 1 live version!!

any ideas?

many greetings
cbb
furii Wrote:sounds like you need to adjust the contrast on your tv. if you've got everything configured correctly you should have no problems at all. i've personally used a thx bluray calibration disc, but i've seen others as well.

It really should not be a matter of requiring users to use a THX Blu Ray to calibrate their screen before the skin is easily usable. I can tell the difference, but it's not easy. And I have calibrated my screen.
It could partly be a Limited or Full RGB problem.

I know with my plasma I have to set RGB to Limited on the ATI Catalyst Control Centre.

But as I've said before they're not finished.
succo Wrote:yes, i did... still no way
did you take your video under win? i notice in the log something about wrong cases, something like asked for FileA.png, used filea.png, could that be part of the problem?
I'm going to try alaska under win just to see and let you know

btw, it just works under win... i guess it must be a problem with linux paths or something like that
Hitcher Wrote:It could partly be a Limited or Full RGB problem.

I know with my plasma I have to set RGB to Limited on the ATI Catalyst Control Centre.

But as I've said before they're not finished.

That's probably it ... I'm on both calibrated Sony and Samsung panels with full RGB and have really hard time with the shading.
Right, I've updated the text colours so everyone should be able to see the difference now.

Just looking through the skin files I'm guessing the biggest the poster get is:

<height>515</height>
<width>1320</width>

*edit*

actually, that makes no sense. will look in a bit deeper!
<width>320</width>
<height>476</height>

That's the biggest size at 720p, so for 1080p they'll be 480x714 but it also depends if you're using thumbsize in your advancedsettings.xml

WingmanNZ

First off, What an awesome skin this is becoming. have changed from Aeon and my wife loves the simplicity of it and how clean it is. I have just one small request/mod and that is to allow for using 600x600 Square TV Show artwork from http://www.getvideoartwork.com for tv show seasons and/or posters. If not a mod then can you point me in the right direction to try mod this myself?

thanks again Hitcher for an awesome skin!
chrisallen511 Wrote:First off, What an awesome skin this is becoming. have changed from Aeon and my wife loves the simplicity of it and how clean it is. I have just one small request/mod and that is to allow for using 600x600 Square TV Show artwork from http://www.getvideoartwork.com for tv show seasons and/or posters. If not a mod then can you point me in the right direction to try mod this myself?

thanks again Hitcher for an awesome skin!

Easy enough to do.

WingmanNZ

Hitcher Wrote:Easy enough to do.

Can you show me the code for this or will you add it as an actual view?

thanks for your response