Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
And another colour tag for the home frames -

Looks better Smile
WoW Hitcher!

That looks amazing... I want to be able to change the colours easily in Settings, I'm dying to try out all the different ones Big Grin

And that blue one looks very nice indeed.

PS. If using Mac, you should really take a look at Mondrianum.

It's a Colour Picker where graphic designers etc. submit colors that fit well together and you can see the highest rated etc.

There should be some really cool colour suggestions there Smile

Mondrianum: http://www.lithoglyph.com/mondrianum/

PPS. If not on Mac, take a look here, at Adobe Kuler (which Mondrianum uses): http://kuler.adobe.com/#themes/rating?time=30

Take a look at the "Wings of a Dove" theme for example.. that's some nice colour combinations that could fit well with the grey theme used in Alaska right now.
Just downloaded and installed the latest version of Alaska and now for some reason, none of my studio icons are showing upHuh

Any one have an idea as to why? Am I misisng something here? They were working fine before I updated.

Thanks for any help anyone can lend.
jondr13 Wrote:Just downloaded and installed the latest version of Alaska and now for some reason, none of my studio icons are showing upHuh

Any one have an idea as to why? Am I misisng something here? They were working fine before I updated.

Thanks for any help anyone can lend.

Sounds like a case of "Not-reading-the-first-post"-ies. Always check the first post first. The extras folder moved from Alaska/media/extras to just Alaska/extras
ccMatrix Wrote:Sounds like a case of "Not-reading-the-first-post"-ies. Always check the first post first. The extras folder moved from Alaska/media/extras to just Alaska/extras

Just saw that.....thanks anyhow
I really like this skin. But unfortunately your fonts not good for my language Sad Could you add also Arial font or something different font with utf8 support? I'm not really sure what do I need!
You could try deleting the fonts folder so XBMC reverts to the default ones - don't know how it'll look mind you.
Ayla Wrote:PPS. If not on Mac, take a look here, at Adobe Kuler (which Mondrianum uses): http://kuler.adobe.com/#themes/rating?time=30

Take a look at the "Wings of a Dove" theme for example.. that's some nice colour combinations that could fit well with the grey theme used in Alaska right now.
Great site, thanks.
Are the playback controls suppose to be just a large grey box at the bottom of the screen? I have a feeling I'm missing something.
Hitcher Wrote:Colour schemes appear in the Appearance settings so if someone makes a new one we can easily add it to Alaska.

I'm currently converting the textures to white so their colours can easily be changed in the same way as the backgrounds and text by adding a diffuse colour to them.

Here's a quick test from earlier made simply by changing three colour tags.

Obviously I'm not great when it comes to choosing colours but this gives you an idea of just how easy it'll be to customise.

OMG that is sexy....easy color changing...I like it Smile
Hitcher Wrote:With Conditional Weather on the image you see in the Weather panel should be the current condition. When you scroll down you'll see the weather image for the corresponding days. And finally when you get the the weather Settings option you'll see the default weather image.

Thank you, conditional weather now working.

In the "Now Playing" music visualization screen, at first the music overlay (coverart) is shown, but once it hides and you press play, only the progress bar is show and the music overlay disappears. Any ideas?
a little ot at the moment, but i can confirm that alaska isn't crashing anymore when entering programs under linux
thanks again Hitcher
fungun_007 Wrote:Thank you, conditional weather now working.

In the "Now Playing" music visualization screen, at first the music overlay (coverart) is shown, but once it hides and you press play, only the progress bar is show and the music overlay disappears. Any ideas?
Fixed, along with the cover position when you don't have an RSS feed.
succo Wrote:a little ot at the moment, but i can confirm that alaska isn't crashing anymore when entering programs under linux
thanks again Hitcher
Glad to hear.
my mouse click doesn't work with this skin Sad