Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Working entirely from a PSD from djh here's the working result (obviously I don't use landscape icons but you get the idea.).

Hitcher Wrote:You'll find all these buttons in any skin you choose from.
Perhaps all the other skins are wrong Shocked
Hitcher Wrote:
Very nice!

Can I ask a question about lists like these... Is it possible to have it non-wrapped like the main menu is (i.e. get to one end and and fly to the other & dont visually display the same thumbnail twice)? Can they co-exist with wrapped lists as a selectable option? Personally, I think having repeating season/episode thumbnails is going to ruin the clean and simple look of the skin.
marloz Wrote:Rant:

We're already seeing people post "mods", ref CF2009 red-theme.

Can't you focus on the original thoughts of Alaska? And create some, eh, dev-groups - in lack of a better word. Obvoiosuly platte and talisto have some great depth from what I've seen they've posted.

And while creating things for Alaska, don't only cater for yourself or a limited group, ref. the "us with macs 6 button remote" - of course there should be fully functionality but don't get too locked into limited solutions.

Keep the aesthetics clean, and limit the number of 'cooks'.
DJH Wrote:- Very simple - n00b-friendly throughout
A limited solution would be not to have the buttonsHuh

marloz Wrote:Well, in short that's the key to a potential problem - people coming up with their own needs and deeds - and that's whats gonna get Alaska derailed into something which is far off what was djhs original idea.

DJH Wrote:- Incredibly easy to mod (just tweak the backdrop filter and font colours for graphite, brushed metal themes, etc.)

Weavus Wrote:Perhaps all the other skins are wrong Shocked
or you Huh
CF2009 Wrote:or you Huh
Obviously the smiley didnt quite reflect the tounge in check nature of the comment about other skins being wrong Laugh
Weavus Wrote:Very nice!

Can I ask a question about lists like these... Is it possible to have it non-wrapped like the main menu is (i.e. get to one and and fly to the other, dont display the same thing twice)? Can they co-exist with wrapped lists as a selectable option? Personally, I think having repeating season/episode thumbnails is going to ruin the clean and simple look of the skin.
The main menu only works like it does because it's a fixed width wraplist. There are workarounds (like the one I used for my Aeon mod) but that's not a priority right at this minute.
Hitcher Wrote:The main menu only works like it does because it's a fixed width wraplist. There are workarounds (like the one I used for my Aeon mod) but that's not a priority right at this minute.
I see, thanks for the explaination. I wonder if its possible to get the skinning engine modified to allow such a list...
Hitcher Wrote:Working entirely from a PSD from djh here's the working result (obviously I don't use landscape icons but you get the idea.).

[align=center]Image

This looks really good Hitcher, good job.

Is it possible to use this view when browsing "Videos" in File mode?

I'm have some TV shows, documentaries and video clips, that aren't in my Library, and when I browse them now in List view, I think the preview icon is too small.
CF2009 Wrote:A limited solution would be not to have the buttonsHuh

(..)

Don't get all your claws out, CF. My point is that wouldn't you agree it's best to focus on completing the basic Alaska before we start wandering off in mod/tweaks?
Adding the standard OSD buttons hardly counts as a mod or tweak.
I've just updated git and I'm still having the black stripes problem at 1920x1200, wasn't it solved?
issun00 Wrote:I've just updated git and I'm still having the black stripes problem at 1920x1200, wasn't it solved?

Same prob. Ya gotta change the xml file yourself, I guess.
Yup had the same problem, goto settings then appearance / screen calibration and mess around with the square box..
Here is the idea :

it's just a line and the number of the season juste above the first episode the goal is to avoid the season choice screen :

just tell me what do you think about that Smile

cheers
l0ghan Wrote:Here is the idea :

just tell me what do you think about that Smile

cheers

Is it necessary to have 'Season 1' twice?