Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is just an idea, why you don´t make a zoom out for the name of the main menu object ( without moving left/right the letters when you select an item)
Hitcher Wrote:Home Menu video

Looks nice.

Is it now default and on github?

Will there be an option for fanart home menu too?

Thanks again Smile
Ayla Wrote:Looks nice.

Is it now default and on github?

Will there be an option for fanart home menu too?

Thanks again Smile
No, it'll be optional as the other look is what Duncan intended Alaska to look like and I'm waiting for permission to use them.
Hitcher Wrote:The weather was just a quick job for illustration as there isn't one suitable in the icon pack.

As for the others I felt keeping them all with that angled, 3D look fitted in better.

Hitcher, do you resize the icons? How difficult would it be to replace the home menu icons? Is it just a matter of replacing the .png files?
erhnam Wrote:Hitcher, do you resize the icons? How difficult would it be to replace the home menu icons? Is it just a matter of replacing the .png files?
When I've finished you'll have the option (for both looks) of using your own with these as the fallback images.
Hitcher Wrote:When I've finished you'll have the option (for both looks) of using your own with these as the fallback images.
For the future it might be nice to see what 16x9 ratio fanart icons look like with the big text underneath rather than the self contained box text. Using a 16x9 ratio icon would negate the need to recrop/scale images for the lazy.
Just had an idea I wondered about. When you're in Movies and you click the info button on your remote, would it be possible to allow you to still cycle through the movies while in "info" mode?

So you'd have the clean view with multiple covers, and then an added "info" view mode?
Qroach Wrote:Just had an idea I wondered about. When you're in Movies and you click the info button on your remote, would it be possible to allow you to still cycle through the movies while in "info" mode?

So you'd have the clean view with multiple covers, and then an added "info" view mode?

I always missed that option in Aeon, it's a really cool way to browse your movies, I think.

I hope it will be possible with Alaska.
Btw. thanks a lot for the new "Files" View Type, with bigger preview thumbs, Hitcher.

It's much easier to browse my non-library video files now Smile
Looking nice. One question though, is there currently any way to disable fanart? I can't seem to do this from the context menus, or browse to the Alaska customization page to do it from there. I guess do we just not have a working page for that yet?
Ayla Wrote:Btw. thanks a lot for the new "Files" View Type, with bigger preview thumbs, Hitcher.

It's much easier to browse my non-library video files now Smile
No problem, that's what it was intended for. I might make it available in Library mode as well.
natew Wrote:Looking nice. One question though, is there currently any way to disable fanart? I can't seem to do this from the context menus, or browse to the Alaska customization page to do it from there. I guess do we just not have a working page for that yet?
Work hasn't started on the skin customisation yet.
Hitcher, just wondering about something i noticed with the icon animations in the early preview of Alaska. in the first youtube video released by DJH found here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-hn0ZIL-lg

When you select an icon or movie, the image scales up and down slightly, giving it a sort of bouncing appearance.

Can you add that animation back into Alaska?
Can I just mention because it does not appear to have been mentioned, contextual menus do not work? (you only see the first two lines sort of fallen off the bottom) I am sure its because its early days, but just incase its only me Wink
how can put de icons in home (first version of alaska with icons) editing de home.xml ? I don´t now how :confused2: