Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Run in 1920x1080?
Hitcher Wrote:Run in 1920x1080?

Btw. Hitcher,

I noticted in some of the xml files it says 1280x720, for the background for example.

Will this be optimized for 1920x1080 at some point (I know it's not urgent, but it would be nice to have down the road)?
XBMC just scales the dimensions.
seuj Wrote:Edit ~/Library/Application Support/Plex/guisettings.xml and search for the Alaska.custommovies and Alaska.customtv etc settings. If set these to a path to a folder of thumbnails with dimensions of the scale 524x450, you should be good to go. E.g. for my Alaska.customtv setting I have:

<setting type="string" name="Alaska.customtv">/Users/xxx/Pictures/Artwork/TV/</setting>

where xxx is your short OS X username.

Yup same here! Thanks for figuring out the offending file - was driving me nuts! Smile

Works great! Thanks!

Marc
I am not making requests or complaining at all but could developers please consider users who are not experts.

My wife uses all them there little buttons when videos etc are playing and more over this skin looks perfect for AppleTV which has a grand total of 6 buttons on its remote meaning we need all them little buttons (including a stop button) in order to use XBMC on Appletv.

Many thanks.

Ahh... overlooked that crucial nugget... Wink

BTW Hitcher... I'm trying to change the Now Playing so that the album name is next to the Artist name in the same way as djh's mockups and it's not looking like it can be done. If I use the same font it's no issue, but you can't change the font within a label. Using two labels is no good either by the look of things, there's no way of positioning relative to each other (i.e, http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=56045 )

Is there another way I'm overlooking? The autowidth grouplist patch looks like it might be the goods, but it's not in SVN and the patch hasn't been tested. http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/6510#comment:1

Am I on the right track here?
garyi Wrote:I am not making requests or complaining at all but could developers please consider users who are not experts.

My wife uses all them there little buttons when videos etc are playing and more over this skin looks perfect for AppleTV which has a grand total of 6 buttons on its remote meaning we need all them little buttons (including a stop button) in order to use XBMC on Appletv.

Many thanks.

There will be buttons on the OSDs like any other skin. Usability takes precedent over pure aesthetic concerns. Obviously we want the skin to look pretty but it's no good if we can't use it!
redtapemedia Wrote:Screenshot maybe? Running Plex or XBMC?

Thanks redtapemedia - it looks identical to my last screenshot in post #210.

Thanks Hitcher - this isn't really a problem as it looks fine in 1080 on my Samsung 40" it's just sometimes useful to manage my library elsewhere on my network on other displays which don't run in standard resolutions.

Just seemed a shame as it was working perfectly in djh_'s initial files so as you say, it must be something to do with the merger of the 'empty' skin. Let me know if I can be of help.
redtapemedia Wrote:Ahh... overlooked that crucial nugget... Wink

BTW Hitcher... I'm trying to change the Now Playing so that the album name is next to the Artist name in the same way as djh's mockups and it's not looking like it can be done. If I use the same font it's no issue, but you can't change the font within a label. Using two labels is no good either by the look of things, there's no way of positioning relative to each other (i.e, http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=56045 )

Is there another way I'm overlooking? The autowidth grouplist patch looks like it might be the goods, but it's not in SVN and the patch hasn't been tested. http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/6510#comment:1

Am I on the right track here?
Like this?

I noticed the album name was missing the other day so I've just fixed it.

I simply changed the font that was used and bolded the artist name like so -

PHP Code:
<label>[b]$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist][/b$INFO[MusicPlayer.Album]</label
Hitcher Wrote:Like this?

PHP Code:

This screenshot looks awesome!! Very nice.
Hitcher Wrote:Like this?

PHP Code:

Yeah, that's what I was talking about. I think in the original shots there was more of a difference between the weights of the fonts, but you gotta work within the limits of the skinning engine. Thanks Hitcher.
seuj Wrote:Thanks redtapemedia - it looks identical to my last screenshot in post #210.

That can be fixed by changing includes.xml line 232 from:
Code:
    <include name="Object_MainMenuFrame">
        <control type="image">
            <width>370</width>
            <height>320</height>
            <posx>0</posx>
            <posy>0</posy>
            <texture>home/frame.png</texture>
        </control>    
    </include>
to
Code:
    <include name="Object_MainMenuFrame">
        <control type="image">
            <width>370</width>
            <height>320</height>
            <posx>0</posx>
            <posy>0</posy>
            <texture>home/frame.png</texture>
            <aspectratio>stretch</aspectratio>
        </control>    
    </include>
Hitcher! how did you get Band of Brothers to scrape correctly? Tongue </HiJack>
I still use the original Media Companion for TV shows.
I included this skin into XBMScript for easy installation. See http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=57764

Dennis