Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Guybrush234 Wrote:Your second screenshot (or actually colour scheme) takes Alaska to a next level for me! Excellent. Reminds me in a way of the Fluid concept screens. A clean and minimal approach with easy on the eye colours.

Is there a way to incorporate the home items more with the background? Like in this concept screen?

Forgot all about this. That looks sooo good. And indeed, is not very far from where Alaska is right now. I personally like the "floor" on which the covers are placed, instead of "floating" covers.
Guybrush234 Wrote:Image

Full ack! The arrangement of the blue-to-black gradient looks awesome! Nod
Please do it so in Alaska Big Grin
Just for the record: the screens I posted are both made by Ayala. These were indeed concept screens of the Fluid project, that unfortunately never became true in this design Blush
Hitcher Wrote:You can move around the skin while it's downloading.

Sorry the off-topic, but after about 1 year using and testing the diferent builds of xbmc, i got the same ¿problem?, i can´t move on menus and the rss feed stops while program downloads info Sad
Hitcher Wrote:I might go back to the old filter but with a little something behind the clock.

What do you think?

I like the old filter you used in these pics. it makes the back ground stand out more.
Guybrush234 Wrote:Just for the record: the screens I posted are both made by Ayala. These were indeed concept screens of the Fluid project, that unfortunately never became true in this design Blush

hahahahaha and all this time everyone, including me were thinking they were yours !! Laugh
reaven Wrote:hahahahaha and all this time everyone, including me were thinking they were yours !! Laugh

That's what I figured. I mentioned it in my first post, but by reading the reactions I thought most people missed that part Big Grin

I wish I had design skills like that... but I don't.
I personally would like much bigger movie covers in the list view, the same size as Aeon or thereabouts, I might work on it a bit myself seeing as the weekend has arrived Big Grin

I realize the importance to get any bugs and the ground work sorted before things like this though.
The problem I had with the list was making sure all image sizes (Posters, CDs, screenshots, plugins, pictures, etc) were able to fit. You've also got to consider the Now Playing area as well.
I'm certainly not finished with that view yet though (I may swap the list and image over) but for the time being it serves a purpose.
Hitcher Wrote:(I may swap the list and image over).

Yup that could work, maybe smaller text too. All in good time anyway.
Been playing around with the Night theme but can't decide which, if any, window colours to go with.

Opinions or more ideas welcome.

Looks nice! Smile

I'm a simple dude, so I guess maybe blackish frames (Movies/Videos...) with the current reflection/light pattern around the frames...
I'm liking the second option. (darker frames w/ white text).
first one.
the second one has a cheap photoshop filter look.
I like the second one much better