Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
chrisallen511 Wrote:Can you show me the code for this or will you add it as an actual view?

thanks for your response

hum !

could be good to have something like my plugin to download this kind of stuff !
Hitcher Wrote:There's nothing in that log that indicates they're not loading.

Here's part of my log when I remove the 'weather' folder -

Code:
ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\skin\Alaska\extras\weather\
ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting special://skin/extras/weather/
ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\skin\Alaska\extras\weather\na\
ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting special://skin/extras/weather/na/
ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\skin\Alaska\extras\weather\30\
ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting special://skin/extras/weather/30/
ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\skin\Alaska\extras\weather\30\
ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting special://skin/extras/weather/30/
ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\skin\Alaska\extras\weather\11\
ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting special://skin/extras/weather/11/
ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\skin\Alaska\extras\weather\12\
ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting special://skin/extras/weather/12/
ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\skin\Alaska\extras\weather\12\
ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting special://skin/extras/weather/12/
ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\skin\Alaska\extras\weather\11\
ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting special://skin/extras/weather/11/

What image appears in the Weather panel?

The normal greyish/white background. Perhaps it is something specific to the ATV platform? Perhaps someone can confirm that the skin is working 100% on a AppleTV.

I even went so far to delete some of the icon images on the mainmenu, the skin loads, text shows but no icon, which is correct, however no trace of this is apparent in the XBMC.log.
Vouzamo Wrote:I am running Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic) and latest XBMC svn. Installed the latest version of Alaska yesterday and have the following issues:

XBMC closes when I go to programs or when I get to the point in a plugin where it tries to play video.

When I go into Music it defaults to Library mode, even if I previously chose file mode.

Any suggestions?
When I'm using Alaska, XBMC crashes when I turn on partymode.
This might have been fixed though, I have a old version of alaska.
Has the pink tones been completely removed from the skin? Mine just has pure white...

Oh and to add, clicking on Programs crashes XBMC for me as well.
fungun_007 Wrote:The normal greyish/white background. Perhaps it is something specific to the ATV platform? Perhaps someone can confirm that the skin is working 100% on a AppleTV.

I even went so far to delete some of the icon images on the mainmenu, the skin loads, text shows but no icon, which is correct, however no trace of this is apparent in the XBMC.log.

I think you're getting the wrong end of stick.

It's not the background; it's the panel where the current weather appears -

What appears in the panel as default and when you press down?
Hitcher Wrote:I think you're getting the wrong end of stick.

It's not the background; it's the panel where the current weather appears -

What appears in the panel as default and when you press down?

I'm running it in Home Style 2, where the weather homeicon has a cloud and sun on it. If I delete it from the homeicon folder, xbmc still loads with all menu items except weather does not have a icon, which is 100%. I actually just want to elude to the fact that no ERROR is displayed in the XBMC.log.

When I enter the Weather section, I have the standard white/greyish background

If ERROR are not captured correctly in the ATV enviroment it would make it difficult to figure out why the conditional weather backdrops don't load.

any ideas?
UnisonRuss Wrote:Has the pink tones been completely removed from the skin? Mine just has pure white...

Oh and to add, clicking on Programs crashes XBMC for me as well.

It should have a slight grey tint to it but then I'm using a monitor to work on the skin plus I'm colour blind lol.
Now that you mention it I do see the grey tones there Smile

Are you going to have any sort of night theme for Alaska? That would be cool if done right Big Grin
fungun_007 Wrote:I'm running it in Home Style 2, where the weather homeicon has a cloud and sun on it. If I delete it from the homeicon folder, xbmc still loads with all menu items except weather does not have a icon, which is 100%. I actually just want to elude to the fact that no ERROR is displayed in the XBMC.log.

When I enter the Weather section, I have the standard white/greyish background

If ERROR are not captured correctly in the ATV enviroment it would make it difficult to figure out why the conditional weather backdrops don't load.

any ideas?
Conditional Weather doesn't work for Home 2.

Looks like I'll have to remove the option for it when Home 2 is selected.

EDIT: I suppose, if someone can make the icons, I could have conditional Weather available for Home 2 as well.

Anyone care to do them?

EDIT: Conditional Weather option now hidden when you've selected Home 2.
OK, I've removed the 'My' label when activating windows for Linux users to try out.
Hitcher Wrote:Conditional Weather doesn't work for Home 2.

Looks like I'll have to remove the option for it when Home 2 is selected.

EDIT: I suppose, if someone can make the icons, I could have conditional Weather available for Home 2 as well.

Anyone care to do them?

EDIT: Conditional Weather option now hidden when you've selected Home 2.

Switched to home style 1. Is the conditional images suppose to show as a background when entering the weather section, or only when scrolling up/down on the menu button itself?
With Conditional Weather on the image you see in the Weather panel should be the current condition. When you scroll down you'll see the weather image for the corresponding days. And finally when you get the the weather Settings option you'll see the default weather image.
Regarding the programs: in my Log it says:
Loading skin includes from /Users/xx/Library/Application Support/XBMC/skin/Alaska/720p/includes.xml
Error loading includes.xml file (special://home/skin/Alaska/720p/Includes_Filemanager.xml): Failed to open file (row=0, col=0)

Probably a bug regarding case sensitivity?

Also, it seems like the conditional weather looks in /Alaska/extras instead of /Alaska/media/extras
Error getting /Users/xx/Library/Application Support/XBMC/skin/Alaska/extras/weather/na/
I have a porblem with not seeing the fanart of the lastest movies in the homescreen (when pressing up on the Movies)

My log says:

INFO: msg: PICTURE::LoadImage: Unable to open image: special://profile/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart/6b572b5d.tbn Error: (2)
ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://profile/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart/6b572b5d.tbn

I have Alaska under a second profile (so not the main profile) with the same database as the main profile. This means probably there isn't a //profile/Thumbnails because it reads from //masterprofile/Thumbnails or something like that?
sandman4sure Wrote:Regarding the programs: in my Log it says:
Loading skin includes from /Users/xx/Library/Application Support/XBMC/skin/Alaska/720p/includes.xml
Error loading includes.xml file (special://home/skin/Alaska/720p/Includes_Filemanager): Failed to open file (row=0, col=0)

Probably a bug regarding case sensitivity?

Also, it seems like the conditional weather looks in /Alaska/extras instead of /Alaska/media/extras
Error getting /Users/xx/Library/Application Support/XBMC/skin/Alaska/extras/weather/na/
We don't have a Includes_Filemanager.xml so I'm not sure when that got in there.
sandman4sure Wrote:I have a porblem with not seeing the fanart of the lastest movies in the homescreen (when pressing up on the Movies)

My log says:

INFO: msg: PICTURE::LoadImage: Unable to open image: special://profile/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart/6b572b5d.tbn Error: (2)
ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://profile/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart/6b572b5d.tbn

I have Alaska under a second profile (so not the main profile) with the same database as the main profile. This means probably there isn't a //profile/Thumbnails because it reads from //masterprofile/Thumbnails or something like that?
That's something we can't change as it's getting the info from the Latest Added script.