Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wanted to add some support for what you guys are doing! I'm SO tempted to start working on a dark mod (I know this was duncan's vision, but the white is BLINDING at 52" in a dark room) but I think I'll wait till you're a little farther along.

Superb work Hitcher and team as always!
just downloaded! looking awesome, plays really nicely on the xbox. absolutely loving the progress hehe, looks like the project is finally coming to fruition.

Delver Wrote:Loving this so much, so simple and clean, just the way it needs to be!
For the dynamic images on the home page, would it look better to maybe stagger the intervals of each type, so that they don't all change at the same time?

I agree, though... It would look much better if the title images changed individually, only when you hovered over each specific title... not all at once, or all randomly. Loving the progress! and can't wait to see custom background folders to be implemented for the menus. And maybe larger font for RSS feed ? like 'default [4x3] Bold' in Transparency 2.0 Just so it's much easier to read while you sit back 5 - 6 meters from the TV Smile

also TV shows 'File view' as im sure you are aware, the banner art should be in line with the top of the list, and the list more centered.

lol loving it guys!

oh and thanks Tuckbodi for the response about Github. much appreciated.
@logggio

on xbox going into TV section did the white overlay stay on top of the fanart or was the fanart showing?

**Nevermind, I uploaded the newest cf2009 version to the XBOX and it works just fine**
I everybody

I'm following this thread for one week and i would like to say : come on Hitcher, you're doing a great job (c2009 also).

When i saw for the first time the "trailer' of Alaska: i said myself this is the skin I want.

And i began to follow this thread and to look inside the skin. And this skin is perfect for a niewbie to learn how to mod a skin...first time i'm trting to modify a skin...

I did my own home window, working on my own videoosd window.

I'm using the icons from the settings window in my home window with some fade and bouncy effects so i have a question : is it possible to get the red round layout to make my own icon? (TVshow icon, shutdown icon) Where i can find it ? Github?

thanks all
I've been messing a little with hitchers alaska git.
And came up with a third alternative home menu. This one
has round icons with large menufont. It supports user customizible
images just as the square one has.

What you guys think ?

Delver Wrote:For the dynamic images on the home page, would it look better to maybe stagger the intervals of each type, so that they don't all change at the same time?

what you could do is make each multiimage visable when that buttons Id is active and use static icons when not visible this will reduce on impact for crap pcs and also add to the look in my opinion.
The giant eye in the settings screen has got to go Tongue
The-Boxhead Wrote:I've been messing a little with hitchers alaska git.
And came up with a third alternative home menu. This one
has round icons with large menufont. It supports user customizible
images just as the square one has.

What you guys think ?

This is actually quite nice...

@+,
Sha!
Here's an idea to make the list view a bit more structured.

It's not finalised but here it is so far; note banners fit in nicely.

Hitcher Wrote:It's not finalised but here it is so far; note banners fit in nicely.

they sure do. very nice =)
here's a second idea to structure things up a bit more.

It's basically a part of the background image that helps seperating the RSS from the rest of the view.

I've coded up medicineuk's OSD idea. Only working for videos at the moment, and there's still a few quirks to iron out, but it's getting there.
Hitcher Wrote:Home Menu preview video
sialivi Wrote:
Delver Wrote:Loving this so much, so simple and clean, just the way it needs to be!
For the dynamic images on the home page, would it look better to maybe stagger the intervals of each type, so that they don't all change at the same time?

I was just going to comment on this as well. I think changing them at different times would be a great improvement.
This.
Unfortunately, all of these 'structure' mock-ups seem to move to make the skin just like every other - rather than being different or in the image that djh had. I'm much more excited at the prospect of something original than a white flavour of Aeon.
redtapemedia Wrote:Image

I've coded up medicineuk's OSD idea. Only working for videos at the moment, and there's still a few quirks to iron out, but it's getting there.

Looking good, cheers. Are you able to implement the gradient in the earlier mock-up?