Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
kulprit Wrote:That looks fantastic with the fixed list and a focus 3 position.
That's not finalised yet. I've got something new to try out later.
Hmmm. I was liking the new resolution Flags.
Honestly, that new resolution flag looks nice, but I don't really like the idea of trying to get it to match the rating flag..it makes it clash somewhat with the flags that don't follow the same format.

I'm not suggesting making the others fit the same way though; I rather like the openness of the other flag designs, the closed hard borders wouldn't work well with the otherwise open/airy skin design. I just think it might be best to stick to just that rating icon; it was made that way specifically to solve the visual problem of displaying the rating without covering the screen in stars.
Thoughts on new settings icons? After seeing the screenshot I know I have to give some more lovin' to a couple:

Yeah, those are nice... I like the originals though, unless those are some of the images that we cant use
OlafBerserker77 Wrote:Thoughts on new settings icons? After seeing the screenshot I know I have to give some more lovin' to a couple:

I think these ones are better than the originals actually. Once again, keep up the good work. I really appreciate people are working on this.
I like the new Resolution and Aspect icons, but I have a problem where '2.35' shows up as '2...'
Also I get no flags in list view, but get the watched overlay and in files view I get the flags, but no watched overlay. Is there a way I could get both on either view?
stoplis Wrote:I like the new Resolution and Aspect icons, but I have a problem where '2.35' shows up as '2...'
Also I get no flags in list view, but get the watched overlay and in files view I get the flags, but no watched overlay. Is there a way I could get both on either view?

Fixed, except for the watched overlay for Files mode because I'm still unsure as to just where to put it.
OlafBerserker77 Wrote:Thoughts on new settings icons? After seeing the screenshot I know I have to give some more lovin' to a couple:

not keen on them. what's wrong with the existing ones? wouldn't time be better spent on areas that aren't already done?
Hitcher Wrote:Fixed, except for the watched overlay for Files mode because I'm still unsure as to just where to put it.

Thanks, one other thing, which I fixed for myself, but I think you should add...
in Includes_mediaflag.xml you should add SDTV to the source list, seeing as the image is still in the media folder. You may also consider changing the icon as well because it is very ugly, I'm currently using the last 480.png image you created. Maybe just having SDTV in that same font?
Also bdelcamp (a folk of Alaksa) has changed AAC flag, it looks much better.

Keep up the good work.
stoplis Wrote:Also bdelcamp (a folk of Alaksa) has changed AAC flag, it looks much better.

That's me.
OlafBerserker77 Wrote:That's me.

Do you plan on changing any of the other flags, because some of the video codec, whilst close to the original logos, are ugly as sin and could do with a update to fit better with this skin.
Yeah, it's on my todo.
Please see first post for latest changes regarding slimming down the initial skin size.

Please ditch the gloss. That seems really out of place. Did you also mute the saturation of the red? I liked the original, bolder icons.