Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
succo Wrote:is there a way to set weather backdrop folder? itseems to be missing from the settings

You'll need to disable 'Conditional Weather' backdrops for the option to appear.
I just grabbed the latest version of alaska, looking really good btw. One quick question however, I added the extras to my skin and the studio flags appear for TV shows, but not for Movies?

Anyone know how to fix it?
Qroach Wrote:I just grabbed the latest version of alaska, looking really good btw. One quick question however, I added the extras to my skin and the studio flags appear for TV shows, but not for Movies?

Anyone know how to fix it?

Are you using TMDB scraper? I think only IMDB scraper currently has studio information - TMDB API 2.1 will add that but there is no updated scraper yet.
ohh that might explain it.
My latest comments...

I am running latest xvn and have added your artwork to folders and have studio flags working with IMDB scraper.

There is no option for 'Set Home Settings Artwork Folder'

When I go to programs or scripts xbmc closes. This works in the default skin.

Dialog is hard to use for adding a new source amongst others. I think you already acknowledged that this needed more time.

TV Shows poster view should download poster thumbs but it downloads banners and you have to manually change them. Is this configurable?

Volume - when this is max 00.00db is displayed shouldn't min volume be 00.00db and increase up to max volume? This was the same in Aeon skin so might just be my wrong interpretation.

It's looking very nice. Great work everyone who has worked on this. Can't wait to see the finished version.
chareos Wrote:- Volume indicator. The red icon is eye-catchy and stylish. Love it. Only problem is the text itself, which is readable only in menus, and most of the time unreadable while a video is playing.
My suggestion would be to move to a completely graphic solution, like a bar aside of the actual red icon, rather than numbers (which would require a darker background to be readable, breaking the minimalism of the skin)

Or maybe a "ring" around the volume icon...
max volume = complete ring
half volume = half ring

This way Alaska would have a completely graphic, eye-candy and minimalist volume indicator.

But the question is still in place: can volume be rendered as graphic (sensible to volume value) only ?
Little teaser of what I'm currently working on and will hopefully finish before I get MW2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq33tpCOU3U
very cool.

Hitcher Wrote:Little teaser of what I'm currently working on and will hopefully finish before I get MW2.

Hitcher Wrote:Little teaser of what I'm currently working on and will hopefully finish before I get MW2.

Nice. MW2 is going to ruin me as far as spare time goes too.
It would be nice if some guy could change or renew the sound effects in XBMC respectively in Alaska. It reminds me every time of a German children TV-Show called "Die Sendung mit der Maus" Wink Look here: click
Bob___ Wrote:It would be nice if some guy could change or renew the sound effects in XBMC respectively in Alaska. It reminds me every time of a German children TV-Show called "Die Sendung mit der Maus" Wink Look here: click

They're just borrowed from MediaStream at the moment but if you've got any ideas feel free to post them here.
Bob___ Wrote:It would be nice if some guy could change or renew the sound effects in XBMC respectively in Alaska. It reminds me every time of a German children TV-Show called "Die Sendung mit der Maus" Wink Look here: click

Check this thread for a lot more soundpacks.
Amra Wrote:Check this thread for a lot more soundpacks.

Many thanx for this tip Big Grin The sounds are fantastic! Nod
Vouzamo Wrote:My latest comments...

I am running latest xvn and have added your artwork to folders and have studio flags working with IMDB scraper.

There is no option for 'Set Home Settings Artwork Folder'

When I go to programs or scripts xbmc closes. This works in the default skin.

Dialog is hard to use for adding a new source amongst others. I think you already acknowledged that this needed more time.

TV Shows poster view should download poster thumbs but it downloads banners and you have to manually change them. Is this configurable?

Volume - when this is max 00.00db is displayed shouldn't min volume be 00.00db and increase up to max volume? This was the same in Aeon skin so might just be my wrong interpretation.

It's looking very nice. Great work everyone who has worked on this. Can't wait to see the finished version.

I've fixed the missing progress bar for the volume and added a background when adjusting it will watched a video or visualisation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMwr63yTV-8

As for the db part that's exactly how it's done in XBMC.

EDIT: Thanks for the soundpack link, I've chosen Tonal as that fits in nicely with Alaska I think.
Hitcher, fantastic work as always.

I have one question. I'm not sure if this is an XBMC thing, or a skin thing, so fix me if I'm wrong. When I finish watching a movie, and quit back to the movies screen, it always defaults to the first movie in the list, instead of the movie I was just on. This happens even if I just go look at the info for a movie, and then hit back, I get sent to the first movie. is this skin related or xbmc?