Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hitcher Wrote:What system?

Vista 32
One more thing Hitcher. In the poster-view once again, shouldn't it be some kind of information about the tv show season like which season it is and how many episodes there are. Did you remove that by mistake or was it intentional?
Any chance the back button just takes the user back to the main menu?

It makes no sense to me that selecting say movies goes straight to the movies but going straight back takes you to generic looking genra icons etc. it really ruins the skin.
garyi Wrote:Any chance the back button just takes the user back to the main menu?

It makes no sense to me that selecting say movies goes straight to the movies but going straight back takes you to generic looking genra icons etc. it really ruins the skin.

Isn't this the expected behaviour with all skins? Just hit Home to avoid going back to those menus.
Nope not on any other skin actually (I use a harmony remote)

It does not make sense to me. If I wanted to search by genre I would expect the menus to go there before landing up at the end (i.e. click movies and it goes to genres etc not straight to movies)
garyi Wrote:Any chance the back button just takes the user back to the main menu?

I did say that it was a temporary measure until I'd finished working on the new Home setup.
This is the missing icon problem I am refering to:

Not to sure why this happened all of a sudden...any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
nvaia Wrote:This is the missing icon problem I am refering to:

[...]

Not to sure why this happened all of a sudden...any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

What version of Alaska and which version of XBMC are you using?
ccMatrix Wrote:What version of Alaska and which version of XBMC are you using?

I'm using the newest versions of both. Build 24195 and todays git repo.
nvaia Wrote:I'm using the newest versions of both. Build 24195 and todays git repo.

Try the official XBMC 9.11 alpha which is a newer revision. Also: Do you have any other issues like that in other skins or just in Alaska?
ccMatrix Wrote:Try the official XBMC 9.11 alpha which is a newer revision. Also: Do you have any other issues like that in other skins or just in Alaska?

I'll give that a try and report back...yes, I'm also having that problem with the Alaska-Night version.
Yup. Downloading XBMC 9.11 fixed the problem. Thanks CC, I appreciate it very much!
Hitcher Wrote:Fixed the positioning problem and, as apanloco said, if you're using digital passthrough you have no control over the output volume.

I sincerely appologize for the dumb question I'm about to ask, but I take it that the screenshot below means I've got digital passthrough setup... Is thereanyway to change this so I can use volume control inside XBMC, but still have the audio go over my HDMI cable?

Evanrich Wrote:I sincerely appologize for the dumb question I'm about to ask, but I take it that the screenshot below means I've got digital passthrough setup... Is thereanyway to change this so I can use volume control inside XBMC, but still have the audio go over my HDMI cable?

I don't think that's possible. Your receiver will control the volume.
You can only control 'Analogue' sound with XBMC and not 'Digital'.