Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ECEC Wrote:Just now got around to installing this and it's easily my favorite theme (surpassed your Aeon mod Hitcher!).

Does anyone get horizontal tearing when navigating on the Home menu? I haven't seen this in any other themes.

This was my fault, sorry. Apparently VNC didn't close out properly and was messing with the display.

Another question: for people with large music libraries, which views are you using? I find it difficult to navigate through large lists of artists or genres.
I was trying to change what info display when you paused and what is display when you access the OSD controls. in fact try to inverse is annoying to see all that info when you only want to skip FF or skip RW, I prefer to see that when on pause.

I was trying to cut this "controlGroups" from VideoOSD.xml and put it on DialogseekBar.xml
http://reaven.pastebin.com/m5250e5a5

without avail.
@reaven

Quickly tried out your work

1. There are too many </controls>, delete line 36 the one above <!--Cover / Now Playing-->

2. Delete the two <visible>Window.IsVisible(125)</visible><!-- !Window.IsVisible(125) --> references

3. From there just play with the x/y positioning to your liking...

***I put your code right above this code at the bottom***

Quote:<include>Object_DebugGrid</include>
</controls>
</window>
For those that are interested, here are some screenshots of a Red Slate Alaska theme I did for myself.

Hitcher, please note that I hadn't really planned on posting this yet since Alaska is still in development & I don't want to start a flood of Alaska mods in this thread... but I've had a few people ask for it so here it is.

Just as Alaska is still a work in progress, so is this. It is a selectable theme and does not overwrite any xml files so if you want to include it in Alaska, that would be great.

To anyone interested in this, please don't bother Hitcher with questions about this but instead PM me. Thanks.

DOWNLOAD

To install, just extract the 7-zip archive to your XBMC\skin\Alaska folder and then select the "Red_Slate" theme in the Appearance options. If you bookmark the link above, I will update this every now & then as Hitcher continues work on Alaska. I also want to make at least a blue theme that will be loacted in the same mediafire folder (when I actually do it).

Image.Image.Image

Image.Image..Image
mcborzu Wrote:It should be "skin\Alaska\media\extras\Studios"

BTW the first post of this thread states

"extras - folder contains Weather, Genre, Studio Flags, etc
Simply unrar it to the 'skin' folder so it looks like this -

Alaska/extras/moviegenres, Studios, weather
"

So I placed the extras there but studios did not show. So I just duplicated the extras to Alaska/media/extras to resolve it. However it seems the weather background images use Alaska/extras.
Amra Wrote:For those that are interested, here are some screenshots of a Red Slate Alaska theme I did for myself.

Hitcher, please note that I hadn't really planned on posting this yet since Alaska is still in development & I don't want to start a flood of Alaska mods in this thread... but I've had a few people ask for it so here it is.

Just as Alaska is still a work in progress, so is this. It is a selectable theme and does not overwrite any xml files so if you want to include it in Alaska, that would be great.

To anyone interested in this, please don't bother Hitcher with questions about this but instead PM me. Thanks.

DOWNLOAD

To install, just extract the 7-zip archive to your XBMC\skin\Alaska folder and then select the "Red_Slate" theme in the Appearance options. If you bookmark the link above, I will update this every now & then as Hitcher continues work on Alaska. I also want to make at least a blue theme that will be loacted in the same mediafire folder (when I actually do it).

Image.Image.Image

Image.Image..Image

I see you are using more than just a custom colors.xml file. Where there some specific images/elements you couldn't change the color of? Could give us a list so we can improve the modding feature or Alaska?
Amra Wrote:For those that are interested, here are some screenshots of a Red Slate Alaska theme I did for myself.

now that is rather quite sexy Smile excellent job Smile
ccMatrix Wrote:I see you are using more than just a custom colors.xml file. Where there some specific images/elements you couldn't change the color of? Could give us a list so we can improve the modding feature or Alaska?
I'm working on a theme and the files I had to change so far were
osdslidernibfo.png
ScrollBarV_Nib_Focus.png
seekbarslider.png
favourites/focus_bar.png
osd/slidernibfo.png
wall/WallArrow.png

Another thing: The "NowPlayingArtist" color tag also controls the Now Playing Album string.
ccMatrix Wrote:I see you are using more than just a custom colors.xml file. Where there some specific images/elements you couldn't change the color of? Could give us a list so we can improve the modding feature or Alaska?
Well the 2 main files I changed in order to achieve the custom background were media\backdrops\filter.png (I removed all gradients from it & it is now just an empty graphics file which allows the new background to show thru. That file (the dark red slate) is the media\common\white.png file.

I also changed the media\settings\button_radioNF.png file in order to make the unselelected settings buttons more visible. But now that I think about it, I had done that when the focused text was a red color. I may remove that modified file now that I changed the focused text to a yellow color which I like much better.

And the only other graphic files I modified were the star rating png files so that I could use the custom stars.

With all that said, however, there are a few xml changes that could be made that would help a lot. One that I have been doing everytime I download a new copy of Alaska is as follows:

Change all appearances of "<focusedcolor>MenuValue</focusedcolor>" to "<focusedcolor>MenuValueFocused</focusedcolor>" in all the xml files. If you check the "Red_Slate.xml" file included in my theme you will see that "MenuValueFocused" is set up as a new color. This change allows the focused menu item to be a more contrasting color than the other menu items that appear when pressing "s" or "c". It's possible that I don't need to change all 22 appearances of this xml entry but it is very easy to do with notepad++ and I haven't noticed any ill side effects yet. However, you guys are the experts at this and would know (and can do) better than I. I didn't include any modified xml files with my theme so the additional color currently has no effect, unless of course someone wants to modify their xml files as I just described.

Another Item I just haven't taken the time to figure out yet & would be great if it could be changed in the color xml files, is the color of the background texture that pops up when you show favorites or when you open the add video source dialog. This graphic is the media\favourites\favourites_panel.png file. I had originally reversed the coloring on it to make it a black color but that left an unusual black outline around it when viewed in XBMC that just wasn't right so I removed it from my theme. Again if the color of that file could be changed via xml, that would make things much easier. I didn't really think that the dialog screens were finished yet so I wasn't too worried about that.

That's all I can think of right now but I will let you know any other items as I come across them. I have some free time tomorrow & I want to try a blue textured theme. I'm going to try to include comments in the color xml file as to what each entry changes in the skin. I think that would be helpful if I can complete it.

Regards.. Amra
mcborzu Wrote:@reaven

Quickly tried out your work

1. There are too many </controls>, delete line 36 the one above <!--Cover / Now Playing-->

2. Delete the two <visible>Window.IsVisible(125)</visible><!-- !Window.IsVisible(125) --> references

3. From there just play with the x/y positioning to your liking...

Thanks, I already found and edit I was kinda' porting clearArt not entirely.

uncertainty Wrote:BTW the first post of this thread states

"extras - folder contains Weather, Genre, Studio Flags, etc
Simply unrar it to the 'skin' folder so it looks like this -

Alaska/extras/moviegenres, Studios, weather
"

So I placed the extras there but studios did not show. So I just duplicated the extras to Alaska/media/extras to resolve it. However it seems the weather background images use Alaska/extras.

Weird I place where it says and everything work out!!

ccMatrix Wrote:Hitcher, please note that I hadn't really planned on posting this yet since Alaska is still in development & I don't want to start a flood of Alaska mods in this thread... but I've had a few people ask for it so here it is.
Alaska Mods Cool
BTW cool Mod, I heard of a black one

@Hitcher
In the system settings menu the left column is overlapping the right columns on some of the options with the longest text. this also happens in the OSD controls menu exactly where the 'Shuffle' , 'Randomize' , 'Repeat:off and, ... shows up
Bug:
I use Home Screen 1 and have Weather hidden. Even though the Weather icon is hidden on the home screen I can still select the invisible icon and use it.
Are there any plans to do anything cool with a trailer window similar to the trailer mods on Showmix and others? It's the one thing keeping me from using this skin. Because I've got trailers for all of my movies but they're all low-res files from Youtube and so they are useless when playing full screen. I love the simplified look of Alaska, but just desperately wish I could push a button and a small "Trailer" window would pop up for a movie without going to the info section and playing it full screen where it looks like crap. Hoping something can be done with this in the near future.
sialivi Wrote:Bug:
I use Home Screen 1 and have Weather hidden. Even though the Weather icon is hidden on the home screen I can still select the invisible icon and use it.

I thought it was just me , I have the scripts hidden but it still shows up and selectable.

working on a few things more..
good work Big Grin
When I enter the Music section, I'd like to go directly to the Root section (Genres, Artists, Recently Played, etc), but it seems to pop me into some random album listing. I have to hit Menu > Go to root to get where I need to be. What can I do to fix that?