Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ayla Wrote:PS. Even cooler would be a "real-time" settings menu, where you could turn on/off every single media flag and see the "live" effect of it, as you turn them on/off.

Yes... I'm "dreaming out loud" Smile

Thats entirely possible and I hope too that these guys implement it.
I was actually drawing that out this morning at breakfast. We'll see how it goes Smile
Ayla Wrote:I would like just the IMDb rating number, for example "7.6", to be shown where the Studio flag is now being shown.

I don't need the Studio flag, personally, and it's the only one of the flags that sometimes is missing (because of many small, obscure movie studios).

This would be perfect, imo Smile

Ayla Wrote:PS. Even cooler would be a "real-time" settings menu, where you could turn on/off every single media flag and see the "live" effect of it, as you turn them on/off.

Yes... I'm "dreaming out loud" Smile
I would have thought that the Studio flag is the only one that would make a difference to performance as it's not part of the standard Meta Data.

I was thinking of an option to change 'Studio' to 'Rating' using 2 lines of stars.

ie

Code:

Like that for odd ones

I would like an option to just remove some flags, because not everyone keeps the right naming conventions to have their flags created correctly. I for one have quite a few that are missing flags because of old file structuring.
Has anyone ever thought about a language flag displaying the movies primary language?

I have lots of movies which are english and others which are german and sometimes I'm just not in the mood to have to concentrate on another language while watching a movie.

I once did a Aeon mod (which I never really finished and therefore never posted in the aeon board) which replaces the source flag with language images. You can find the changes I made here if anyone is interested in this: http://github.com/Montellese/aeon
OlafBerserker77 Wrote:
Code:

Like that for odd ones

I would like an option to just remove some flags, because not everyone keeps the right naming conventions to have their flags created correctly. I for one have quite a few that are missing flags because of old file structuring.

Yes and flags are extracted from the video file itself by XBMC now don't forget.
Hitcher Wrote:I would have thought that the Studio flag is the only one that would make a difference to performance as it's not part of the standard Meta Data.

I was thinking of an option to change 'Studio' to 'Rating' using 2 lines of stars.

ie

I would personally favour a numeric value over a star system, as it more closely matches the original data from IMDB. As I said earlier though, I don't mind if this information is relegated to the info screen - the media format flags strike me as more important when browsing the top-level of a media library (e.g. TV Shows). Personal preference, really.
Maybe something similar to the audio one with a star behind the number to signify it's the star rating?

ie

Nice idea, Hitcher
Hitcher Wrote:Maybe something similar to the audio one with a star behind the number to signify it's the star rating?

ie

I was thinking something like that, but we have to make sure that it scales well
otherwise it will just look like a blob.
just a couple quick thoughts:
Yes, the numeric value please.. Looks great.

I guess I'm one of those people that understand the numbers better than a visual cue, like stars Smile
OlafBerserker77 Wrote:just a couple quick thoughts:

Top one looks really nice, good job.
not sure that I really like any of them, but we'll see how it unfolds.
Top one for me definitely - it's more in line with the H.264 logo.