Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
jtap06 Wrote:Great to see Alaska taking form nicely! Would like to thank Hitcher and CF2009 for their hard work. I'll be the first to donate if an "Alaska Fund" ever comes up!! Smile
Just donate to XBMC.
medicineuk Wrote:hello ladies and gent. here's what I got done tonight, basically I have been trying to create a button style for the OSD that fits in with the theme and looks professional. Much as I tried I just couldn't get my head around the red buttons they just didn't seem to gel with the rest of the design so I created some clear white glossy ones, they were inspired by the frames that wrap around the images on the homepage. The idea is that they would grow/ shrink as you move between them. The layout on this page isn't really right in any way I was just focusing on the button style.

Let me know what you think, cheer ears.
I think you've nailed the look, colour and layout in one, fantastic.
@medicineuk

Yea that definitely nailed the look
mcborzu Wrote:@medicineuk

Yea that definitely nailed the look

Agreed. Fantastic work!
Hitcher, thanks for the resolution fix. The problem with the black stripes is solved but, as seuj said, the glass overlays and text are still out of aligment.
medicineuk Wrote:Much as I tried I just couldn't get my head around the red buttons they just didn't seem to gel with the rest of the design

Agree with you on that, these fit in with the overall look better. Not that I disliked any of the other ideas, just that this looks "right".

medicineuk Wrote:The idea is that they would grow/ shrink as you move between them.

Some nice transitions will make this look even better. Big Grin

medicineuk Wrote:The layout on this page isn't really right in any way I was just focusing on the button style.

I actually think the layout is pretty much perfect! The cover art and text is in the same position as the miniplayer on the home / menu screens and the progress bar is in the same spot as the rss feed. If you feel like posting the PSD files for this I reckon we should code it in (unless you want to code it yourself). Again, top work.
issun00 Wrote:Hitcher, thanks for the resolution fix. The problem with the black stripes is solved but, as seuj said, the glass overlays and text are still out of aligment.

I've noticed this too. If Hitcher doesn't get around to it before I get home, I'll see what can be done.
medicineuk Wrote:hello ladies and gent. here's what I got done tonight, basically I have been trying to create a button style for the OSD that fits in with the theme and looks professional. Much as I tried I just couldn't get my head around the red buttons they just didn't seem to gel with the rest of the design so I created some clear white glossy ones, they were inspired by the frames that wrap around the images on the homepage. The idea is that they would grow/ shrink as you move between them. The layout on this page isn't really right in any way I was just focusing on the button style.

Let me know what you think, cheer ears.

This should be the default pause bar as well...looks beautiful
Tried this out on the xbox. Surprisingly it ran smoothly, all the window transitions and general speed of moving in and out of the skin was probably as fast and smooth as PM3D.

Unfortunately the white fanart overlay wasn't there when entering Movies/TV section...When I was trying to run Aeon on XBOX I remember the new multi-image code gave XBOX trouble, don't know if it's that or something else. But good to know the skin in general seems to run pretty well on XBOX.
The problem with the homescreen scaling is <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio> in Defaults.xml.

The normal practice is to leave it out of Defaults.xml (thus ensuring you have stretch by default) and then add it back in for only those images that need it (thumbs and backgrounds basically).

Ofcourse, you're welcome to default it to keep and then specify stretch in other places should you wish to do so!

Cheers,
Jonathan
First of all thanx for the guys working on this skin. I find it myself truelly amazing.
Second i think that first we make all the screen working, and then look at details as viewtypes and mods/extra's.

But why i post is to say that i got no transitions anymore at the home screen and in settings.
jmarshall Wrote:The problem with the homescreen scaling is <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio> in Defaults.xml.

The normal practice is to leave it out of Defaults.xml (thus ensuring you have stretch by default) and then add it back in for only those images that need it (thumbs and backgrounds basically).

Ofcourse, you're welcome to default it to keep and then specify stretch in other places should you wish to do so!

Cheers,
Jonathan

Thanks for the info Jonathan.
Great work medicineuk. How about you use larger buttons and fade the ones that aren't active? That way it would be more similar to the poster view and easier to operate from a distance.

Quick photoshop sketch:
medicineuk - definitely a nice job on those buttons Smile
kristvwatcher Wrote:Great work medicineuk. How about you use larger buttons and fade the ones that aren't active? That way it would be more similar to the poster view and easier to operate from a distance.

Quick photoshop sketch:

This reminds me of that giant cell phone for old people called The Jitterbug.

Not very attractive, but Santa loves it!
nvaia Wrote:This reminds me of that giant cell phone for old people called The Jitterbug.

Not very attractive, but Santa loves it!

OMG, do you EVER have something useful to say?

@Hitcher do you have specific plans for weather? If not I have an idea I'd like to pm you about.