Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What do you mean by darker?

More diffused or less?

I've changed the fading a bit recently so it's not as visible.
By the way, here's our new Media Flags in action.

that is beautiful, keep up the great work and cant wait for the official release of this skin!
Wow, that looks awesome. Thank you for your work!
Could someone tell me how to prevent it going through genre folders etc when paging back from movies or tvshows, I remember this with aeon and there was an easy fix.

Cheers
On the XBOX, the icons in the settings screen are not showing, and not all home screen button backgrounds are loaded (sometimes almost all of them, sometimes only one or two). Is this a known problem?
@jbor613

If by darker you meant less transparent then change the bolded value in Includes.xml:
Quote:<include name="Global_Filter">
<control type="image">
<include>Dimensions_Fullscreen</include>
<texture>backdrops/background.png</texture>
<animation effect="fade" start="100" end="80" time="400" condition="[!IsEmpty(ListItem.Property(Fanart_Image)) + !Window.Next(Home)]">Conditional</animation>
<animation effect="fade" start="100" end="80" time="400" condition="[Window.IsActive(2) + [substring(listitem.filenameandpath,jpg) | substring(listitem.filenameandpath,bmp) | substring(listitem.filenameandpath,png) | substring(listitem.filenameandpath,tif) | substring(listitem.filenameandpath,ico) | substring(listitem.filenameandpath,pcx) | substring(listitem.filenameandpath,tga)] + !Window.Next(Home)]">Conditional</animation>
</control>
<control type="image">
<include>Dimensions_Fullscreen</include>
<texture>backdrops/backgroundcolordiffuse.png</texture>
<colordiffuse>backgroundColor</colordiffuse>
<animation effect="fade" start="100" end="80" time="400" condition="[!IsEmpty(ListItem.Property(Fanart_Image)) + !Window.Next(Home)]">Conditional</animation>
<animation effect="fade" start="100" end="80" time="400" condition="[Window.IsActive(2) + [substring(listitem.filenameandpath,jpg) | substring(listitem.filenameandpath,bmp) | substring(listitem.filenameandpath,png) | substring(listitem.filenameandpath,tif) | substring(listitem.filenameandpath,ico) | substring(listitem.filenameandpath,pcx) | substring(listitem.filenameandpath,tga)] + !Window.Next(Home)]">Conditional</animation>
</control>
</include>

Where end="80" the lower the number the more visible the fanart, myself I liked when it was less transparent and changed them to end="90"
@Bram77

did you lower the media\backdrops\backgroundcolordiffuse.png and media\backdrops\background.png to 960x540...I'm using an Alaska build from 10-5, then they we're using filter.png. Once I lowered filter.png to 960x540 that problem you described went away.

I'm planning on updating my Alaska XBOX build some time soon I let you know if I come accross your problem...
garyi Wrote:Could someone tell me how to prevent it going through genre folders etc when paging back from movies or tvshows, I remember this with aeon and there was an easy fix.

Cheers
Add ,return to which ever control you want it on.
Bram77 Wrote:On the XBOX, the icons in the settings screen are not showing, and not all home screen button backgrounds are loaded (sometimes almost all of them, sometimes only one or two). Is this a known problem?
Not tested it myself on the Xbox but you will need an fairly new version.
mcborzu Wrote:@jbor613

If by darker you meant less transparent then change the bolded value in Includes.xml:

Where end="80" the lower the number the more visible the fanart, myself I liked when it was less transparent and changed them to end="90"
I've changed it to "90" a few days ago.
mcborzu Wrote:@Bram77

did you lower the media\backdrops\backgroundcolordiffuse.png and media\backdrops\background.png to 960x540...I'm using an Alaska build from 10-5, then they we're using filter.png. Once I lowered filter.png to 960x540 that problem you described went away.

I'm planning on updating my Alaska XBOX build some time soon I let you know if I come accross your problem...

Thanks, I will try that!

@hitcher: My XBOX XBMC build is never older then a few days Smile
so it becomes previousmenu,return

?
Thanks guys - I wanted to make fanart just a little MORE visible. I love the simplicity of this skin, and the lightness is awesome, but some of the fanart I have, in my opinion, is just too good-looking to be that faded.

I'm going to try changing it now. Big Grin
This is directed at the team behind the making of alaska. Is there some kind of written priority list of what's going to be made next? If so, it would be really nice if it were released and open for the community to look at Smile
So I attempted to change the opacity of the background filter. I was in File view, and didn't see any change. But when I switched over to Poster or Fanart view, the background was completely gone.

I don't really mind that, because I don't use those views. But is there a way to change the opacity of the background in File view?
garyi Wrote:so it becomes previousmenu,return

?
http://github.com/HitcherUK/Alaska/commi...5d78cab9da
fillidill Wrote:This is directed at the team behind the making of alaska. Is there some kind of written priority list of what's going to be made next? If so, it would be really nice if it were released and open for the community to look at Smile
Nothing written, we're doing things as we see fit.
jbor613 Wrote:So I attempted to change the opacity of the background filter. I was in File view, and didn't see any change. But when I switched over to Poster or Fanart view, the background was completely gone.

I don't really mind that, because I don't use those views. But is there a way to change the opacity of the background in File view?
I've completely changed the background for File (and List actually) so as to fade the lists out while at the same time keep the fanart evenly faded. To do this I made two textures, one that goes over the fanart and another that goes over the list, but with the same effect as the single texture.

You really don't need to be messing around with them though - just look for the <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="80" tags in those views and adjust the end figure.