Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
fpoil0 Wrote:Like this :

Exhibit A
^^^ This is why the devs went to a private forum.
hahaha... Agreed
He is not saying that Hitcher and co. should make the change fpoil0 is telling people how to change (mod) the skin. This was part of the original idea of Alaska. Thank you fpoil0 for letting Dullie know how he can make the change himself.
Reginald Wrote:He is not saying that Hitcher and co. should make the change fpoil0 is telling people how to change (mod) the skin. This was part of the original idea of Alaska. Thank you fpoil0 for letting Dullie know how he can make the change himself.

I was referring to the post after fpoil0's
Hey guys, i was just wondering if anyone was having any issues with Alaska on XBOX?
i've installed the latest nighty SVN on my laptop (windows 7) and my XBOX... Alaska works fine on Windows but fails to load the icons in the settings menu on my xbox and most of the fanart in the main menu boxes. Anyone having this issue?

This may have already been discussed, im not sure. But 56 pages of pointless babble and posts of photoshop mock-ups makes it hard to search through and find that little nugget.

Thanks in advance guys!
Cheers.
I gave it a shot on XBOX, didn't have the problems you described....For me, the skin ran smooth but couldn't play anything due to lack of memory. Maybe in the future if theres on option to disable fanart, maybe that would help with the memory issue, who knows??---This was based of a git pull from around 9-15

Quote:Alaska works fine on Windows but fails to load the icons in the settings menu on my xbox and most of the fanart in the main menu boxes.

That might be from the multi-image code when I use to try an run Aeon the XBOX had trouble when that code came out, don't know for sure I don't really mess with the XBOX anymore I just use a simple PM3 mod on the XBOX.
fpoil0 Wrote:Like this :

DIY... just modify the filter.png in skin/alaska/media

Great tip. Thanks..
theophile Wrote:I was referring to the post after fpoil0's

Sorry about that then. Big Grin
just tested it yesterday, good stuff guy, thanks for landscape thumbs support in tvshows, beautiful Big Grin
Just wanted to say, AWESOME WORK! Can't wait for this skin to be final, so far its perfect. I just hope there is an invert function, the white burns my eyes... Reminds me of THX 1138 (name idea) Wink

Or at least raise the opacity for background images
Kprojekt Wrote:Reminds me of THX 1138 (name idea) Wink

I Like That!!! :-)
Kprojekt Wrote:... Reminds me of THX 1138 (name idea) Wink

Lucas would want a massive royalty - or you'd get a C&D order. Oo
Bit behind here - is there actually a group of developers working on a maintained release? or is everyone having a bashHuh

Is there a version that can be downloaded and tried yet?
Geeba Wrote:Bit behind here - is there actually a group of developers working on a maintained release?

I think there will be a group of developers. There are now.

Geeba Wrote:Is there a version that can be downloaded and tried yet?

Alaska is on GitHub as per the first post of this thread.