Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Found a possible bug or maybe its something still under development.

When browsing music by a band and you select Information on the band all the info is shown on top of what is already on the screen.

Another thing that would tidy music browsing up for me is when you have the skin set to night and browsing music it would be nice to have the colour filter over the artist or album dark. At the moment its light and when using one of teh dark versions of the skin it would probably look cleaner if the images darkend rather than lightend.
ph0rce Wrote:Been away for a few days & just updated my copy to the latest version; for some reason I can't see the Studio Flag anymore, have I missed something? I've downloaded the extras package, put it inside the media/ sub folder & turned on the Studio Flag check box. It shows the space where it should be but just has a question mark instead of the icon?

Oh, in case it matters, I'm on the Alpha 2 build.

Cheers.

Alaska/extras
I had a look at a gradient on the mac desktop on the TV and it looked great so its either XBMC or the skins gradient is very low quality?
garyi Wrote:I had a look at a gradient on the mac desktop on the TV and it looked great so its either XBMC or the skins gradient is very low quality?

Well I have xbmc running on a windows media rig with output through a 42 inch tv and it looks superb here.
Thats great for you.

Please describe how the gradient of say the dark them looks, for me its like a block of blue at the bottom left and top right with black in the middle.

Also most of the menus are stark white with just one or two items coloured blue.

I am going to try another skin see what I get.
garyi Wrote:Thats great for you.

Please describe how the gradient of say the dark them looks, for me its like a block of blue at the bottom left and top right with black in the middle.

Also most of the menus are stark white with just one or two items coloured blue.

I am going to try another skin see what I get.

OK I am running night. It looks smooth. The only thing I can think about is your desktop setup on your mac.

I am not sure how macs work because i have never used one but do you have a colour depth anywhere? Can you set it to 32k colours...

Thats the 1st thing I would be looking at

OK I have taken a screen shot from my media-rig. I have posted a link rather than image as I have not scaled it so you can see it fully.

What I would suggest to you is this..

- Look at my image.
- take screen shot from your mac and compare.

If your image is no where near as clear then its your desktop settings.. Basically xbmc is limited in what it can display because of your video settings..

If your image is the same then the display unit you are using is naffed.

Here is the link

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f6/ran...tled-1.jpg
No its set correctly, and to be fair videos seems to play fine. I think if I break it right down to it the only problem is the night themes background. I am just trying Aeon I seem to remember that having gradients see how it looks.

I like the idea of the night theme but its not looking at all right on my set up, the menus are very difficult to understand, I am not sure if its because they are a work in progress.
garyi Wrote:No its set correctly, and to be fair videos seems to play fine. I think if I break it right down to it the only problem is the night themes background. I am just trying Aeon I seem to remember that having gradients see how it looks.

I like the idea of the night theme but its not looking at all right on my set up, the menus are very difficult to understand, I am not sure if its because they are a work in progress.

Yes I understand what you mean about menus.. Basically I believe its because its work in progress. The current menus uses images which was designed for the light alaska and they need to be replaced with dark ones for the text etc to work with the dark look.
I have been playing with the TV a bit and have improved it to an extent, I am prepared to blame the TV as on VNC the picture looks fine.

I think this is a combination of the gradient and my TV, they just don't appear to like each other.
garyi Wrote:I have been playing with the TV a bit and have improved it to an extent, I am prepared to blame the TV as on VNC the picture looks fine.

I think this is a combination of the gradient and my TV, they just don't appear to like each other.

Are you running Snow Leopard on a Intel GMA X3100 GPU Mac? There's a known problem with that. Not sure if 10.6.2 fixed it or not.
Anybody know which xml the 'now playing window' is in? Thx for any replies

***Edit***
Finally found it...VideoOverlay.xml
mcborzu Wrote:Anybody know which xml the 'now playing window' is in? Thx for any replies

***Edit***
Finally found it...VideoOverlay.xml

if you enable debuggin you can see the xml in use in the top left corner
I'm a huge fan of the scrolling up to see new content in movies and tv shows, however my roomie is not.
Curious if there is any plan to implement any type of display like you had in Aeon Hitched to show the latest content above the home bar.
If not I can easily just leave him using Aeon, no biggie. ^_^
I finally took the plunge and updated my apple tv to the latest alpha and stuck alaska on.

I have to say hitcher this skin was designed for appletv. Its no power house the ATV but the skin really works well on it.
garyi Wrote:I finally took the plunge and updated my apple tv to the latest alpha and stuck alaska on.

I have to say hitcher this skin was designed for appletv. Its no power house the ATV but the skin really works well on it.

Big Grin Thats all i want to hear !!!