Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
redtapemedia Wrote:users who have a limited number of buttons on their remote shouldn't be excluded from using this skin.

I use an Apple Remote. The key layout that I suggested is designed with that in mind, whilst also remaining flexible for all users.
garvani Wrote:Im hoping we can crack this as well.. will look awesome if it is actually possible!

It's possible. It was what djh actually coded originally.
The-Boxhead Wrote:I like the buttons here. just replace the skip forward with a buttons thats brings up the rest of the options. And use the fade effect instead of this block.

I bellive that would be an awesome look-....

+1 for me I really like the look with the fade, but I'm loving those buttons and the layout suggested in a more recent post with the toggle between a more advanced set of options.
erhnam Wrote:This looks indeed awesome! I really hope Hitcher can make it this way!

+1
Alotta ideas and mockups coming in here. And people are actually
creating their own mods even before the skin is in alpha state Smile

I am just worried that this will end up halfway trough with 10 different forks
and none is usable.

Please everyone has to pull this skin togheter first in a common effort- and when the skin is done i welcome forks/mods.
zman442 Wrote:Is there a donation site setup for the work that you and DJH are doing for the XBMC community?
http://xbmc.org/contribute/donate/
nvaia Wrote:Quick question for you Hitch, I have been messing around with the fonts but can't make the home page font look like this:

Any suggestions on how I can change this myself?
I was working on this last night but had to stop (I had to check the Uncharted 2 multiplayer demo Wink) but rest assured it'll be done today.
redtapemedia Wrote:Just got DialogVideoScan working per djh's mockups. Will post to github shortly.
Oh, I do hope you mean the red circle filling from top to bottom as seen in the screenshot above.
XBMCG33K Wrote:Hitcher, the new home icons really don't fit this skin mate. Is it no longer an option to use the original ones from djh_'s mockups? Also I have gotten the home (BIG LETTER ITEM LABLE) to work quite nicely by just messing around a bit but I'm curious why it wasn't kept? My honest opinion is keep it.
See above.
mindweaver Wrote:One thing I don't like is how the video scan covers the whole screen and blocks the skin. I have to sit and watch it complete before I can use my XBMC.
It's just a temporary XML from the 'Empty' skin so everything works.
Hitcher Wrote:Oh, I do hope you mean the red circle filling from top to bottom as seen in the screenshot above.

Have a look at my github commit log... Just the text appearing. Is the "Arrow" graphic going to be used as a progress dialog of sorts?
Here's an older version with the original menu, just so people don't get too hung up on it.

If you do decide to use these on a more 'official' basis, I'd rather they went in as an entirely separate option. The fanart-based icons are the Alaska I had settled on. Oh, and you'll really have to seek out permission to use these ones.

http://www.mediafire.com/?djyquiyotfu
djh_ Wrote:The fanart-based icons are the Alaska I had settled on.
I must admit I prefer the fanart icons myself.

Do you have time to briefly describe the functionality you had in mind for the fanart based icons on the main menu? I think you mentioned you thought they should change pictures in unison at set intervals. What about a submenu (genre, year, recent etc) did you have any ideas how that could fit in?
djh_ Wrote:Here's an older version with the original menu, just so people don't get too hung up on it.

If you do decide to use these on a more 'official' basis, I'd rather they went in as an entirely separate option. The fanart-based icons are the Alaska I had settled on. Oh, and you'll really have to seek out permission to use these ones.

http://www.mediafire.com/?djyquiyotfu
Lol, I've just finalised my version - video coming soon - and I'm hoping to hear from the creator soon about using them.
Weavus Wrote:I must admit I prefer the fanart icons myself.

Do you have time to briefly describe the functionality you had in mind for the fanart based icons on the main menu? I think you mentioned you thought they should change pictures in unison at set intervals. What about a submenu (genre, year, recent etc) did you have any ideas how that could fit in?
I resized and cropped the current default ones (thanks Mediastream) but it'll take a while to do a whole load from my background folders.
I was thinking along the lines of pressing up or down to change from the title to Genre, Recent, etc but I'd be interested to hear how Duncan intended to do it.
Hitcher Wrote:Lol, I've just finalised my version - video coming soon - and I'm hoping to hear from the creator soon about using them.

I resized and cropped the current default ones (thanks Mediastream) but it'll take a while to do a whole load from my background folders.
I was thinking along the lines of pressing up or down to change from the title to Genre, Recent, etc but I'd be interested to hear how Duncan intended to do it.

Nice! I'm looking forward to see a video of you have right now!!
Hitcher Wrote:Home Menu video

Very nice. Some of the icons are a bit different compared with the screenshot posted a few posts back, is that correct?
Hitcher Wrote:Home Menu video

looks great! though i'm not too sure about the weather icon.
The weather was just a quick job for illustration as there isn't one suitable in the icon pack.

As for the others I felt keeping them all with that angled, 3D look fitted in better.