Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had that problem and I had to delete all the Alaska settings out of the guisettings.xml file.
Evanrich Wrote:studio icons are fixed, thanks. still no wetaher backgrounds, and i dunno whats up with the settings, but all the settings screens are like that, all scruntched together, so you can't see anything also is this how the main settings menu is supposed to currently look?

soder Wrote:I'm having the same problem as you. Not all flags, and in settings sometimes the text are mixed together, and Im missing switches, and I cant change settings.

/Söder

OlafBerserker77 Wrote:I had that problem and I had to delete all the Alaska settings out of the guisettings.xml file.
Probably best to try that if ever you get any problems as things are being changed all the time so a lot of settings in there will become redundant.

And I assume you're using the Red colour setting but that's not something we've been keeping up-to-date simply because so much else is changing.

Bram77 Wrote:It's working great on the XBOX now! Thanks hitcher!
Cool.
[quote=Hitcher]Probably best to try that if ever you get any problems as things are being changed all the time so a lot of settings in there will become redundant.

And I assume you're using the Red colour setting but that's not something we've been keeping up-to-date simply because so much else is changing[quote]

I'm using red, yeah because i think it looks pretty sweet. I'll check the settings thing tonight, that could be the issue. question...if i just blow that file away, it will be recreated correct?

keep up the good work Hitcher and co. This is shapping up to be the best skin out there, it looks absolutely gorgeous.
I wouldn't delete it as it contains all your settings for other skins and a whole lot more. It's simply best to remove the entries Alaska.
I have begun fiddling around with the XML side of things but hit a bit of a wall. I wanted to work on different View Type variations, but wanted to leave the ones that are already there intact.

The relevant files seem to be MyMusicNav (the Music Library window), MyVideosNav (the Video Library window), includes.xml (where you reference the files where most of the view mode stuff is), and then the view mode files themselves, like Viewtype_Files.xml. I'm not having a lot of luck finding relevant info in the skinning wiki and this forum.

Any information you could provide would be super awesome Smile
SleepyP Wrote:To find out what XBMC is saying these files are, you should scan one or more into the video database, and then export the database as "seperate files". This option is found in Settings > Video > Library. It should export them to the same location where the actual media files are stored, so like Crash.wmv should result in Crash.nfo.

This is the info that XBMC has, and thus what the skin is trying to match against to display media flags.

thanks for that, very useful information Smile

the files I have show the video codec as "wvc1" and the audio codec as "wmapro", so I just copied other files (wma.png for example) renamed it to wmapro.png and it works Smile

cheers,

jason.
Hitcher Wrote:I wouldn't delete it as it contains all your settings for other skins and a whole lot more. It's simply best to remove the entries Alaska.

Just tried removing all Alaska settings, and still no joy, even tried removing everything alaska and starting fresh, still no luck.

here is one of the settings screens. I tried turning off VDPAU thinking that might be it and rebooting, no luck either, it's as if the menu's aren't formating in a table correctly.
Evanrich Wrote:Just tried removing all Alaska settings, and still no joy, even tried removing everything alaska and starting fresh, still no luck.

here is one of the settings screens. I tried turning off VDPAU thinking that might be it and rebooting, no luck either, it's as if the menu's aren't formating in a table correctly.

What version of XBMC are you using? Maybe you are running an older build that misses a feature which screws everything up.
ccMatrix Wrote:What version of XBMC are you using? Maybe you are running an older build that misses a feature which screws everything up.

latest and greatest 9.04.3+svn24081-jaunty1 built 2 hours ago (XBMC Live)

I've got 6 other skins installed, and they all display fine (except for occasional font garbling, but that appears to be VDPAU related as others have reported it)
can't reproduce on Windows, seems like it may only affect the Linux branch, which implies a source of the issue. Is there anything showing up in your logs?
FWIW all my settings look like that when playing a video, there is also no way to adjust say lip sync, when you click it the screen goes white.

I am on OSX, I just assumed they had not been done yet.
All that's fine on Windows so this is going to be hard to sort out. The only thing I can think of is something's got the wrong case somewhere - does this affect OSX as well as Linux?
I'm on an AppleTV running the latest nightly, and I don't get any overlaying text and when looking at audio settings whilst playing a video it all works fine here.

Running r24059.

Here's a screenie Laugh

You had to take a screen shot at that scene didn't you! Wink
Yes. Yes I did Nod