Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
RockDawg Wrote:No. Sorry I meant the scraper didn't return any meta data either. Yes, it's getting IMDB data.

can you email your settings.xml file to nul7 [at] embermm.com so I can take a look at it?

EDIT: And are you using the new mediainfo.dll that came in the package or the old 0.7.11?

EDIT2: And what file is detected for the movie that is not scanning (shown in the status bar when you click on them)? Maybe you forgot to enable auto detect vts?

EDIT3: Just for a sanity check, is anyone else having problems scanning meta data from video_ts folders or otherwise?
nul7 Wrote:EDIT3: Just for a sanity check, is anyone else having problems scanning meta data from video_ts folders or otherwise?

just updated to the new version and now doing an IMDB scrape no longer adds any metadata on totally standard avi files. it was working perfectly with the version that was current yesterday.

fantastic program by the way Smile
nul7 Wrote:Double check your file naming settings on both installations. I think maybe you have <movie>.ext set on one, and movie.ext set on the other.

Nope, I had *triple* checked this, prior to writing. They are *both* <movie>.tbn and <movie>.nfo. These are the only two pieces of data I'm screaping, and it's 98% against an all .ISO database of 600+ movies..

All with <movie>.tbn and <movie>.nfo as the original selection back in the r600? versions, I believe.

TIA :-)
It appears the reloading may be fixed in 1006.

However, did you ever address the issue with the IMDB picker buttons that cutoff on Win7? I noticed that on the 32-bit version of XP Pro (where I do 90% of my testing) the buttons are a tiny bit cutoff now, as well.
rusten Wrote:Nope, I had *triple* checked this, prior to writing. They are *both* <movie>.tbn and <movie>.nfo. These are the only two pieces of data I'm screaping, and it's 98% against an all .ISO database of 600+ movies..

All with <movie>.tbn and <movie>.nfo as the original selection back in the r600? versions, I believe.

TIA :-)

That explains your problem.
Ember (currently), and none of the other media managers (including xbmc's native media flagger) is able to extract meta data (media flags) from ISOs.
We have mentioned that several times.

...and newer mediainfo.dll, which we included in recent versions is hanging on ISOs for minutes. This is a "bug" in mediainfo.dll, we cannot do anything about this. To avoid/handle this, a workaround has been implemented. ISOs are now* excluded totally from metadata scanning, except if you have mediainfo.dll v0.7.11 copied over the new one. This old version of mediainfo is providing some, but mostly wrong metadata from ISOs.

So, that is the reason you don't have the issue with the latest version of Ember. You can also have metadata defaults now, based on extensions, so you can apply some for your ISOs, if you want.
Just to make it clear, a litle issue with Metadata scan on all movie types as been fixed by nul7 some hour ago (is in svn). Still iso files are only scaned with older mediainfo.dll
Nuno Wrote:Just to make it clear, a litle issue with Metadata scan on all movie types as been fixed by nul7 some hour ago (is in svn). Still iso files are only scaned with older mediainfo.dll

Yes, that's true... the released r1006 is still suffering from the ISO hanging issue. I think we will do an update soon.

Sorry for the confusion and thank you Nuno for the clarification Smile
Here we go, interim bug fix release EXE ONLY (metadata scrape issue)
Later, a Full package will be released!

x86: http://www.embermm.com/testbuilds/EMM_r1...ly_x86.zip

x64: http://www.embermm.com/testbuilds/EMM_r1...ly_x64.zip

NOTE: This can only be apply to r1006 Release, if you have not done it, please install it first!
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=381...count=2046
Nuno Wrote:Here we go, interim bug fix release EXE ONLY (metadata scrape issue)

thanks, all working!
I just tried the new exe and it's grabbing meta data. Also, the "9" issue seems to be fixed. I'm on my laptop at work and I only have a few movies on it, but a couple are "9" movies and they report the correct duration after refreshing the metadata. I'll do some more extensive testing when i get home this evening and confirm. Thanks.
Nuno Wrote:Here we go, interim bug fix release EXE ONLY (metadata scrape issue)

x86: http://www.embermm.com/testbuilds/EMM_r1...ly_x86.zip

x64: http://www.embermm.com/testbuilds/EMM_r1...ly_x64.zip

NOTE: This can only be apply to r1006 Release, if you have not done it, please install it first!
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=381...count=2046

Thx, metadata works in 1006 again.

One more q. Smile
Under Export Movies there is an pulldown menu to select a Template but it shows only "template" so how to add my own Template here ?
MrDVD Wrote:Thx, metadata works in 1006 again.

One more q. Smile
Under Export Movies there is an pulldown menu to select a Template but it shows only "template" so how to add my own Template here ?

To download new languages/templates and Skins, you have to check the "download addons" in the general settings panel. I think it's not very hidden... Wink

To add your own template, first you have to create it, than copy to languages/html folder of Ember...
RockDawg Wrote:I just tried the new exe and it's grabbing meta data. Also, the "9" issue seems to be fixed. I'm on my laptop at work and I only have a few movies on it, but a couple are "9" movies and they report the correct duration after refreshing the metadata. I'll do some more extensive testing when i get home this evening and confirm. Thanks.

Excellent, thanks for the feedback!
olympia Wrote:To download new languages/templates and Skins, you have to check the "download addons" in the general settings panel. I think it's not very hidden... Wink

To add your own template, first you have to create it, than copy to languages/html folder of Ember...

All i wanted to know was where the "own template" have to be. Now i found out that each template have to be at his own folder.
What just coming here to report the Metadata issue. Glad it's fixed.

The sort by date added is a blessing thanks.