Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

First thanks for this very nice tool...i think i try all the others, and for me EEM is the best of all...

To make it perfect for me, and make that i can manage my movies with only one tool, i have a little feature request :

==> Allow to scrap infos and covers from Allociné.fr

Thanks again, and keep up the good work Wink
When I add fanart via "Change Fanart (Local)", the added fanart doubles it's filesize. For example, when I add fanartx.jpg, which is 100kb big, after adding, it's 200kb.
I'm using r282.
Anyone else having this problem?

Edit:
Ok, it happens for every fanart. Doesn't matter if directly downloaded or added manually Wink Filesize always doubles.
nul7 Wrote:Which updater?? There are 11 different "All Movies" updaters. Depending on which one you pick and what your settings are, that may be normal. For instance, if you don't have any image servers selected in settings, but try a "Posters Only" or "Fanart Only" updater it won't do anything...... or if you have overwrite posters disabled and have posters for all movies, then try a "Posters Only" updater it won't do anything.

Sorry I used the All Movies, in the previous version the same command downloaded everything.

Update Media - all movies - automatic - all items

But with no item in the menu I get an update

nul7 Wrote:I don't know what you mean.

That I have extracted all the files and overwrite the previous verions.

nul7 Wrote:Just from those screen shots, I would say that all these movies have the same nfo file. It appears that this is a test folder.... did you copy the same nfo to each folder when you created them?

No,
all the NFO are different:
Code:
<Movie>
<title>8mm - Delitto a luci rosse</title>
</movie>
http://akas.imdb.com/title/tt0134273/

Code:
<Movie>
<title>2009 Lost Memories</title>
</movie>
http://akas.imdb.com/title/tt0294252/

more than that I have a copy of the structure and files that I replicate and then test, with previous version everything was fine.

I'm wondering do you save something in user data/registry or similar?

M
If I use the right click - re-scrape IMDB the output overwrites the locked fields:

original:
Code:
<Movie>
<title>A.I. Intelligenza artificiale</title>
</movie>
http://akas.imdb.com/title/tt0212720/

output:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<movie xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <id>tt0212720</id>
  <title>Artificial Intelligence: AI</title>
  <originaltitle>Artificial Intelligence: AI</originaltitle>
  <year>2001</year>
  <rating>6.9</rating>
  <votes>79,574</votes>
  <mpaa>Rated PG-13 for some sexual content and violent images.</mpaa>
  <outline>A highly advanced robotic boy longs to become "real" so that he can regain the love of his human mother.</outline>
  <plot>In the not-so-far future the polar ice caps have melted and the resulting raise of the ocean waters has drowned all the coastal cities of the world. Withdrawn to the interior of the continents, the human race keeps advancing, reaching to the point of creating realistic robots (called mechas) to serve him. One of the mecha-producing companies builds David, an artificial kid which is the first to have real feelings, especially a never-ending love for his "mother", Monica. Monica is the woman who adopted him as a substitute for her real son, who remains in cryo-stasis, stricken by an incurable disease. David is living happily with Monica and her husband, but when their real son returns home after a cure is discovered, his life changes dramatically.</plot>
  <tagline>David is 11 years old. He weighs 60 pounds. He is 4 feet, 6 inches tall. He has brown hair. His love is real. But he is not.</tagline>
  <certification>USA:PG-13</certification>
  <genre>Adventure / Drama / Sci-Fi</genre>
  <studio>Warner Bros. Pictures / 1080p / FMP4 /  / 0ch /</studio>
  <studioreal>Warner Bros. Pictures</studioreal>
  <runtime>146 min</runtime>
  <releasedate>05-Oct-01</releasedate>
  <director>Steven Spielberg</director>
  <credits>Brian Aldiss / Ian Watson</credits>
  <actor>
    <name>Haley Joel Osment</name>
    <role>David</role>
    <thumb>http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTUxMzE4NjkxMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDU3OTYyMQ@@._V1._SY275_SX400_.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Frances O'Connor</name>
    <role>Monica Swinton</role>
    <thumb>http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMjEzNTkxMjkyMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDE2OTQxMQ@@._V1._SY275_SX400_.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Sam Robards</name>
    <role>Henry Swinton</role>
    <thumb>http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTQ4NjE3NjI5Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzE5MjgyMg@@._V1._SY275_SX400_.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Jake Thomas</name>
    <role>Martin Swinton</role>
    <thumb>http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTM3MzQ4OTI5OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTMzNTUyMQ@@._V1._SY275_SX400_.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Jude Law</name>
    <role>Gigolo Joe</role>
    <thumb>http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMzY2MjQ4MDA5OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDcxNjQxMQ@@._V1._SY275_SX400_.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>William Hurt</name>
    <role>Prof. Hobby</role>
    <thumb>http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTk4NTkwMjg5M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDM2NzYyMQ@@._V1._SY275_SX400_.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Ken Leung</name>
    <role>Syatyoo-Sama</role>
    <thumb>http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTc4NTE0MjM4OF5BMl5BanBnXkFyZXN1bWU@._V1._SY275_SX400_.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Clark Gregg</name>
    <role>Supernerd</role>
    <thumb>http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BOTQzMzMyOTY2MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzU3MjEzMQ@@._V1._SY275_SX400_.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Kevin Sussman</name>
    <role>Supernerd</role>
    <thumb>http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BNTQ0ODU0NTg5MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzkzNTE0Mg@@._V1._SY275_SX400_.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Tom Gallop</name>
    <role>Supernerd</role>
    <thumb />
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Eugene Osment</name>
    <role>Supernerd</role>
    <thumb />
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>April Grace</name>
    <role>Female Colleague</role>
    <thumb>http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTk3NzMwMjY0NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTg3MTMzMQ@@._V1._SY275_SX400_.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Matt Winston</name>
    <role>Executive</role>
    <thumb>http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BNjY0Njc2MjgyN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTgyMDIzMQ@@._V1._SY275_SX400_.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Sabrina Grdevich</name>
    <role>Secretary</role>
    <thumb>http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTI3OTM4MTY3OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDc2NDkxMQ@@._V1._SY275_SX400_.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Theo Greenly</name>
    <role>Todd</role>
    <thumb />
  </actor>
  <fileinfo>
    <streamdetails>
      <video>
        <width>1900</width>
        <height>1200</height>
        <codec>MPEG-4 Visual</codec>
        <formatinfo>MPEG-4 Visual</formatinfo>
        <duration>5s 0ms</duration>
        <bitrate>279 Kbps</bitrate>
        <bitratemode />
        <bitratemax />
        <codecid>FMP4</codecid>
        <codecidinfo />
        <scantype>Progressive</scantype>
        <aspectdisplayratio>1.583</aspectdisplayratio>
      </video>
    </streamdetails>
  </fileinfo>
</movie>

Maybe I understood it wrongly but I thought that r282 had the URL management for the "non conforming" files.
Lastest version(282) is not showing that i have any extrathumbs in the extra column, worked in 257.
deubeul Wrote:Hi,

First thanks for this very nice tool...i think i try all the others, and for me EEM is the best of all...

To make it perfect for me, and make that i can manage my movies with only one tool, i have a little feature request :

==> Allow to scrap infos and covers from Allociné.fr

Thanks again, and keep up the good work Wink

Thanks! Using XBMC's scrapers has been on the To Do list for a while. We just need to come up with a feasible game plan for implementing it.

clep Wrote:When I add fanart via "Change Fanart (Local)", the added fanart doubles it's filesize. For example, when I add fanartx.jpg, which is 100kb big, after adding, it's 200kb.
I'm using r282.
Anyone else having this problem?

Edit:
Ok, it happens for every fanart. Doesn't matter if directly downloaded or added manually Wink Filesize always doubles.

Very strange... I'll look into that.

EDIT: Found the problem. Just to clarify, this ONLY happens when loading images from disk. Basically it was loading the file using a filestream into a memorystream then transferring to the image, then when saving it would copy the image to the same memorystream to save with a filestream..... but since the memorystream already contained the image data, it was being doubled. Images from the web didn't use the memory stream to load so they weren't doubled. Anyway, fixed for next release.

mfsav2 Wrote:Maybe I understood it wrongly but I thought that r282 had the URL management for the "non conforming" files.

So did I. lol These 2 problems are probably linked in some way. I'll have to experiment some with it.

EDIT: I've been playing with this throughout the day and it seems to work flawlessly. Can you verify that you are using r282?

dotcom Wrote:Lastest version(282) is not showing that i have any extrathumbs in the extra column, worked in 257.

Yes, yes.... that's been reported 1,000 times. LOL :p Thanks for reporting it, but it has already been fixed for next release.
nul7 Wrote:So did I. lol These 2 problems are probably linked in some way. I'll have to experiment some with it.

EDIT: I've been playing with this throughout the day and it seems to work flawlessly. Can you verify that you are using r282?

is it for sure r282 64bit and EMM_Extras_07_x64
I even created a separated folder and installed them.

The only difference is that I created my flag with my additional icon

here are the screenshots:

here is the error log, I only tried to update media - all movies - automatic - all info some times:
Code:
Title: Error
StackTrace:    at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(TextReader textReader)
   at Ember_Media_Manager.Master.LoadMovieFromNFO(String sPath)
   at Ember_Media_Manager.frmMain.bwLoadInfo_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
Date/Time: 12-Jun-09 00:48:15
===========================================================================================
StackTrace:    at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
   at Ember_Media_Manager.frmMain.bwLoadInfo_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
===========================================================================================
Date/Time: 12-Jun-09 00:48:23
   at Ember_Media_Manager.frmMain.bwScraper_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
Date/Time: 12-Jun-09 00:48:26

question:
why the first run are all green and bold and the second run are black?

if I re-scrape a single file:

now scans all the poster and pictures (previous reinstallation was not doing it)

but again the locked title is over written:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<movie xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <id>tt0212720</id>
  <title>Artificial Intelligence: AI</title>
  <originaltitle>Artificial Intelligence: AI</originaltitle>

Here is the original nfo
Code:
<Movie>
<title>A.I. Intelligenza artificiale</title>
</movie>
http://akas.imdb.com/title/tt0212720/

it should have worked fine.

log after scrape
Code:
Date/Time: 12-Jun-09 00:48:23
   at Ember_Media_Manager.frmMain.bwScraper_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
Date/Time: 12-Jun-09 00:51:29

My 2c is that the nfo format blocks the automatic importfor some reason but not the scrape.

anyway here is the options

Last but not least I've noted that the scraper does not read correctly the IMDB code from the original NFO as it asks me to identify the movie (as my title is not the english one)

hoping this helps!

Mf
nul7 Wrote:Thanks! Are you vismvism? Is it what you wanted with the feature request? Any suggestions for changes?

No that would be me. The studio browser thing is great and very useful for me. Thanks for taking my suggestions. I'm sure those that use the Aeon studio flags will find it useful. This is my new favorite media manager!

About the studio flags... I know it's hard to keep track of all these studios and check for each match case. I was wondering if you wanted to bother with fixing those kind of things. For example, DC Comics will flag match to any studio with the word Broadcasting. ITI will match many studios that have 'iti' in it.
mfsav2 Wrote:is it for sure r282 64bit and EMM_Extras_07_x64
I even created a separated folder and installed them.

.... snip ....

So, like an idiot, i've been just creating the nfos by hand based on what you've posted..... and they worked fine. Just now I did what I should have in the first place and copy/pasted exactly what you had in the post. The problem, as ridiculous as it name seem, is the capital "M" in "<Movies>". That causes the serializer to freak out and fail because XML is case sensitive. Whatever program you're using to create these nfo files is creating them incorrectly.

So, I've done 2 things.... first added error catching to the extra serializers so it won't screw up anything else if it does cause an error, and wrote a little function to replace all elements with lower case. So, hopefully, it's fixed for you..... this could potentially cause problems with other xml files, but I don't think that would ever be the case with anyone using Ember because the nfo files it's looking for are relatively standardized.... and if not, it will just not load that file. lol

vism Wrote:No that would be me. The studio browser thing is great and very useful for me. Thanks for taking my suggestions. I'm sure those that use the Aeon studio flags will find it useful. This is my new favorite media manager!

About the studio flags... I know it's hard to keep track of all these studios and check for each match case. I was wondering if you wanted to bother with fixing those kind of things. For example, DC Comics will flag match to any studio with the word Broadcasting. ITI will match many studios that have 'iti' in it.

Ah, sorry about the "mistaken identity". If you didn't know, everything is stored in an XML file called "Studios.xml" located in "\Images\Studios" so you can edit that however you like. If you do make some fixes, we would all be very appreciative if you shared. Wink
Just a note: I'm waiting on confirmation that a particular issue is fixed. After I get the go ahead from that I'll make another release.
Thank you for this great program.

I was just wondering if you could implement a feature to save multiple fanarts into the fanart folder similar to extrathumbs. That would awesome.

While we at it, it would be great if we could save multiple posters into poster folder as well. The reason for this is that I wanna display a slideshow of posters and fanarts for my movies. THanks.
anoobie Wrote:Thank you for this great program.

I was just wondering if you could implement a feature to save multiple fanarts into the fanart folder similar to extrathumbs. That would awesome.

While we at it, it would be great if we could save multiple posters into poster folder as well. The reason for this is that I wanna display a slideshow of posters and fanarts for my movies. THanks.

This was already requested here:

http://code.google.com/p/embermediamanag...tail?id=93

But I don't know of how the file naming needs to be handled. Do you have a link to some documentation about this?
nul7 Wrote:This was already requested here:

http://code.google.com/p/embermediamanag...tail?id=93

But I don't know of how the file naming needs to be handled. Do you have a link to some documentation about this?

Sorry I wasn't being clear. I wasn't talking about multiple fanart support feature in xbmc. I just wanted an option to scrape multiple fanarts and store them in a folder so that I don't have to download each one manually. My intention is to have them displayed similar the extrathumbs pictures. As for naming it could be just fanart1.jpg, fanart2.jpg..etc

Quote:Since XBMC will be supporting multiple fanart pretty soon (I think for
version 9.10), would it be possible for the fanarts not be sent to
the "extrathumbs" folder, but to <movie>-fanart<x>.jpg (and/or is it
simply fanart<x>.jpg ?).

If I'm reading that correctly, you can already save multiple fanarts in "extrathumbs" folder?
Not too be touting it too much but Media Reader will let you pull down all art and save it by movie and category into separate folders by type. You can browse the whole thing and make your slideshow if you will ...

anoobie Wrote:Sorry I wasn't being clear. I wasn't talking about multiple fanart support feature in xbmc. I just wanted an option to scrape multiple fanarts and store them in a folder so that I don't have to download each one manually. My intention is to have them displayed similar the extrathumbs pictures. As for naming it could be just fanart1.jpg, fanart2.jpg..etc

If I'm reading that correctly, you can already save multiple fanarts in "extrathumbs" folder?
anoobie Wrote:Sorry I wasn't being clear. I wasn't talking about multiple fanart support feature in xbmc. I just wanted an option to scrape multiple fanarts and store them in a folder so that I don't have to download each one manually. My intention is to have them displayed similar the extrathumbs pictures. As for naming it could be just fanart1.jpg, fanart2.jpg..etc

Oh, I understood, it's just that if XBMC will be officially supporting multiple fanart, I would like to use their filenaming scheme instead of just coming up with something that will need to be changed. That's what I was trying to get at.... it was *me* who was being unclear. lol

anoobie Wrote:If I'm reading that correctly, you can already save multiple fanarts in "extrathumbs" folder?

Yes, in the fanart selection dialog, there are checkboxes for each image. All the ones that you check will be saved to the extrathumbs folder.

rernst Wrote:Not too be touting it too much but Media Reader will let you pull down all art and save it by movie and category into separate folders by type. You can browse the whole thing and make your slideshow if you will ...

I find it funny that you tell people posting in your own thread about issues with your own program that you "don't watch every thread on the forum" and "don't have time to track down every issue that someone posts", yet you have time to come in here and "advertise" your program? I'm beginning to wonder if your previous posts in this thread weren't purposely trying to confuse people by redirecting them to your site.