Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
krypt2nite Wrote:Woah mfsav2 you're looking to deep in to this. Everything you have said I already understand. I never originally had issues with the specialty 576p detection either. I originally was only posting about the 720p issues.

"I replied before reading this post. Some of the 720p (528, 544) and all of the 576 are NOT HD formats and are even NON standards.
They have been croped and the black bars to bring them to standard frame size has been removed."
- Really? I stated this already.

Again I work for a huge communications company and my main duty here is to work on the MPEG4 encoding for our HD service. I know these are not standard resolutions but I think you miss the point of a HTPC and the digital age we find ourselves in. Me and tons of other gents who have utilized HTPC to display their digital media on a tv have never used "Standards" We maximize the quality and size of the movie while maintaining the OAR. Your usage of standard in relation to abunch of encoded digital age videos is kind of strange actually.

Edit:
Nice work Nul the current code looks great. Should pretty much handle everyones different movie types.

Wink I'm too in the digital age Smile

That's why I was proposing nul7 to put an advanced config so that we can obtain what we like.

I wanted to avoid confusion for all the people that is not full into the video formats and could get confused.

Regarding black bars: sorry I read the tread but missed the point.
I wonder why you did that, have you got any major advantage in the file size?
because with a non standard size either the pc player will put them back or you'll have quite heavy distortion. From the tests I did a while ago there was not a real difference in having the bars or not as they are always the same thus quite "cheap" to encode.

I agree with you on the "Your usage of standard in relation to abunch of encoded digital age videos is kind of strange actually" but I distinguish quite heaviliy from content I watch on the PC and the one one I watch on TV (full HD 1080p).

For the first every format, size, AR, etc is fine
For the second the more strange it gets the worst the final quality as either the PC will have to fo internal scalings either (and worst) the TV itself.

That's why.... Smile

nul7: wow the code is quite complex Smile
mfsav2 Wrote:nul7: wow the code is quite complex Smile

Hey! It's your fault! lol j/k

It started off as being only 6 or 7 lines of code, but more and more people popped up with weird encodes that were not getting detected properly. Hopefully the current code will work for everyone.

EDIT: Made one last, small change to the code above (moved Case iWidth < 640 to the top).
Hey Nul7, quick and amazing updates(can't wait till TV section works) but before that, I was wondering, why not add this as a feature -- I have my whole movie library in one folder, but when i download something, i usually get 2 of same movies(because it thinks *.dat file is a movie too) anyways, to make the story short, can we have an option to just remove a movie from database, without actually deleting the movie from Harddrive? (perhaps we can have another menu for "removed" movies(where you can select and unselect removed movies from library) or at least keep it removed for a day or whatever. Just an idea.

Also, I mentioned earlier if you can add for the xbox users that 60% quality option, where you can select the quality you save the fanart/posters. (same way as MIP does it.

What do you think? Thanks.
diemos Wrote:Hey Nul7, quick and amazing updates(can't wait till TV section works) but before that, I was wondering, why not add this as a feature -- I have my whole movie library in one folder, but when i download something, i usually get 2 of same movies(because it thinks *.dat file is a movie too) anyways, to make the story short, can we have an option to just remove a movie from database, without actually deleting the movie from Harddrive? (perhaps we can have another menu for "removed" movies(where you can select and unselect removed movies from library) or at least keep it removed for a day or whatever. Just an idea.

Also, I mentioned earlier if you can add for the xbox users that 60% quality option, where you can select the quality you save the fanart/posters. (same way as MIP does it.

What do you think? Thanks.

Thanks. For the first problem, you can just remove ".dat" from the supported extensions list in settings, then rescan your media. But an ignore list might be a good idea anyway for other cases.

Ah, sorry, forgot about that. Can you add both of these to the google code issues page so we don't forget about it and we'll work on them after the feature freeze. Thanks!
First off, I have completely deleted the folder. not selectively deleted files. I however, created the new one in the same parent folder as the old. Will try moving to another drive completely to see if this solves the issues.

Second, I am loading EMM directly from the exe file, no shortcut.

EDIT: Switching to another drive solved the problem. EMM is back to working properly. Thanks for the help!

BTW, want to apologize for my earlier comment, was having a bad day and under more than normal stress. I just took it wrong and for that I am sorry.
RW2112 Wrote:First off, I have completely deleted the folder. not selectively deleted files. I however, created the new one in the same parent folder as the old. Will try moving to another drive completely to see if this solves the issues.

Second, I am loading EMM directly from the exe file, no shortcut.

EDIT: Switching to another drive solved the problem. EMM is back to working properly. Thanks for the help!

BTW, want to apologize for my earlier comment, was having a bad day and under more than normal stress. I just took it wrong and for that I am sorry.

No need to apologize. Wink If you couldn't tell already, I take everything very lightly and try to joke around so I didn't take any offense to it or anything, and *I* apologize if it seemed like I was poking fun at you. Wasn't my intention at all.

Glad it's finally working for you again, though! Still curious as to what the actual problem with it was. If you ever find out what was going on, I'd love to get an update on that... or just blame it on Microsoft. lol
nul7 Wrote:Glad it's finally working for you again, though! Still curious as to what the actual problem with it was. If you ever find out what was going on, I'd love to get an update on that... or just blame it on Microsoft. lol

Only thing I can think of was the original location was in the download folder under my user folders. Using Windows 7 which they may have something a bit different than previous windows versions that may have contributed to it....Huh? Big Grin

Beats me, just glad to have it working again as this is my favorite program for working with my movies. Much appreciated for all the hard work!
Hey nul7 - is there a way currently to get EMM to rename the actual movie files to the name of the movie (or the folder)? I ask because my downloader puts the movies into a folder based on the name of the movie and the year, but the actual movie files themselves are named based on scene naming conventions. Its a feature I used in MIP to automatically rename the movie file based on the name - would be nice to use it with emm Smile
andacin Wrote:Hey nul7 - is there a way currently to get EMM to rename the actual movie files to the name of the movie (or the folder)? I ask because my downloader puts the movies into a folder based on the name of the movie and the year, but the actual movie files themselves are named based on scene naming conventions. Its a feature I used in MIP to automatically rename the movie file based on the name - would be nice to use it with emm Smile

Not currently, but it's an open feature request so it will be on the feature list soon.
Glad to hear, keep up the good work
I'm really liking this program!!
I was a big fan of billyad's MC as well.
One thing that MC supported in later versions was downloading Actor/Artist thumbnails to a local share.
Do you think that this might be something that you may add support for as well?

Cheers - again a great program!
bionic1234 Wrote:I'm really liking this program!!
I was a big fan of billyad's MC as well.
One thing that MC supported in later versions was downloading Actor/Artist thumbnails to a local share.
Do you think that this might be something that you may add support for as well?

Cheers - again a great program!

Sure, we can do that. Will XBMC read from a local file?
nul7,

I have enabled the "Use Extrathumb if no Fanart Found".

I just scraped 2 new movies that had fanart available online but EMM still used the Extrathumb.

I had to Edit Movie and manually set the Fanart from the online source.

A bug maybe?
Ayla Wrote:nul7,

I have enabled the "Use Extrathumb if no Fanart Found".

I just scraped 2 new movies that had fanart available online but EMM still used the Extrathumb.

I had to Edit Movie and manually set the Fanart from the online source.

A bug maybe?

Hmmm... I'll look over it. Can you give me a movie that it does this for? And does it do it every time? Maybe it was a time out issue?
nul7 Wrote:Sure, we can do that. Will XBMC read from a local file?
Seems to, I rebuilt my library on the weekend and images for actors are showing up in XBMC

Example excerpt from a movie.nfo file:
<actor>
<name>Steve Martin</name>
<role>Lucky Day</role>
<thumb>smb://192.168.0.43/Actors/nm0000188.jpg</thumb>

I will extract my movie library from XBMC and check what information those nfo's have in them to confirm.