Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can you please fix not being able to manually change Year while editing a movie? I get a blinking cursor, but does not respond to key presses.
djvj Wrote:Can you please fix not being able to manually change Year while editing a movie? I get a blinking cursor, but does not respond to key presses.

Hit backspace 4 times then type the year you want

Big Grin
DuMbGuM Wrote:I started with no .nfo's. It would detect all shows (generating .nfo's) but no episodes at all for some shows.

Then I got it to detect the episodes for all shows by using that drop-down menu, it has made the .nfo's for all except the S01E01's of the shows where no episodes were detected before, they still have no .nfo right now.

I name all my shows in the same format (Human Target.S01E01.HDTV.720p.DD5.1.mkv) so they are always detected in XBMC as long as thetvdb server is running.

And how are you adding the sources? Are you adding one folder that holds all the show folders or are you adding each show folder as individual sources?
willers.nail Wrote:Ember is great cheers to you the developers for this app, really does work exactly the way one would expect a media manager to work.

I have 2 queries and a bug it seems.

First thing is the bug were EMM doesnt pick up the the first episode of season one of futurama. The episode is called "Space Pilot 3000".

First query is will we get music support added in the future as its the only thing missing atm in EMM?

Second query how do I tell EMM to create the .nfo without having e.g. moviename cd1.nfo ? This as you can see happens when I have 2 part movies and seems to create double entries in XBMC's library.

I have Futurama on my TV lists, and it has picked up the first episode without a problem.
nul7 Wrote:And how are you adding the sources? Are you adding one folder that holds all the show folders or are you adding each show folder as individual sources?

I'm adding the folder that holds all the shows, should I be adding each shows folder separately?
DuMbGuM Wrote:I'm adding the folder that holds all the shows, should I be adding each shows folder separately?

You can if you want, but the folder that holds all the show folders should work. Can you create a bug report on embermm.com so we can look at it further?
Thanks, I hope that someone can find where is a problem in the log.
nul7 Wrote:You can if you want, but the folder that holds all the show folders should work. Can you create a bug report on embermm.com so we can look at it further?

Hmm I did a Windows reformat earlier this evening because I needed to remove the Windows drive and after reinstalling Ember it seems okay now.

''Dexter'' was one of the shows giving trouble so I deleted all the .nfo's and tried again and everything went smoothly. I'll fill out that bug report if I notice it happen again, thanks to you both for the replies. Smile
You might want to check those permissions out - line 5 states that you are 'Running with restricted rights'. Should be running with 'Administrator Rights'.
I love EMM and I love it even more that TV-shows are now supported.
But whatever I try I can only get EMM to see 3 of my shows, where XBMC picks all of them up without any issues.
If the naming etc... works for XBMC then I assume it should work for EMM right?
Rusty_nl Wrote:If the naming etc... works for XBMC then I assume it should work for EMM right?

XBMC and EMM are using different regex's!

Please give a full example of a TV-Show which ember does not scan.
Example like:
SourceFolder/24/Season 1/24 - S01E01 - Episode1.avi

perhaps you/we can change the ember regex to get your tv-shows recognized.

regards
sphere
sphere Wrote:XBMC and EMM are using different regex's!

Please give a full example of a TV-Show which ember does not scan.
Example like:
SourceFolder/24/Season 1/24 - S01E01 - Episode1.avi

perhaps you/we can change the ember regex to get your tv-shows recognized.

regards
sphere

TV\Flash Forward\Season 1\flashforward.s01e04.720p.hdtv.x264-red\flashforward.s01e04.720p.hdtv.x264-red.mkv

That is an example of a show that wasnt scanned. But if the regex's are different that I will try changing the names first. I assumed that if XBMC would pick it up, so would EMM. But that was a wrong assumption Smile

I will give it a try. Thanks
Rusty_nl Wrote:TV\Flash Forward\Season 1\flashforward.s01e04.720p.hdtv.x264-red\flashforward.s01e04.720p.hdtv.x264-red.mkv

AFAIK Ember does not scan for folders under the "season"-folders.
You could create a feature request on the ember site before "renaming/moving" all your files...

regards
sphere
sphere Wrote:AFAIK Ember does not scan for folders under the "season"-folders.
You could create a feature request on the ember site before "renaming/moving" all your files...

regards
sphere

That was it, such a simple solution.
How I managed to overlook that difference between series that did and didnt work is beyond me though.

Thanks for your help Sphere, much appreciated Big Grin
sphere Wrote:What do you mean with "seems to not like"? Ember likes every kind of TV-Show Cool

I think you mean that some anime shows are using "absolute ordering" then "Season and Episode"-based (named "Standard" ordering), right?
Ember can handle this, you have to put all episodes in season one and enable "Absolute" Ordering on this TV-Show.

Here for example is both:
Standard
Absolute
In this example Episode "Clone vs. Clone: Mine are Better than Yours!" is in Standard "S02E01". But if you want to use Absolute you have to name it "S01E36".

And multi-episode-files likes ember, too Smile
Try to name them something like "S01E01E02" or the long version "S01E01S01E02".

regards
sphere

No that is not the issue at all, but thanks for responding. what is happening is for example on k-on, there is only one season shown so far. For some reason Its bringing up stuff like season 4 episode 89, and so on in a big list in the seasons section. These do not exist, even on the tv db.

Is it perhaps because my episodes are named bla bla 01 instead of s01e01? my normal shows are named this way but since most anime is only one season I usually just stick to the numbering that release groups use.

There is also the problem of the fact most anime is one season, and putting season folders in is just silly, and of course no eps are scraped.

Also kile xxxholic, there are 2 seasons but season 2 is called xxxholic kai. tried many combos of things but it wont scrape Undecided help me! please Sad

oh and some wont even scrape no matter what I do like haruhi for example...