Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
steve1977 Wrote:Not sure whether this is EMM related, but for 2 or 3 weeks now, I can select the artwork and poster, but it only shows and then also only downloaded half of the visual. I.e., the upper half of the photo shows the artwork and the lower half is black. Only happens for hi-rez photos, but constant for all movies.

Any thoghts on above? I believe that it has something to do with timeout time and as of that, it only downloads a part of the movie? Might be the same issue for trailers, which are cut after a while? Cannot confirm for trailers, but definitely still a big issue for me for movieart. Any thoughts?
Not sure if this haven't been discussed yet, but is it possible to not scrape WGA from writers? <credits>WGA / Scott Neustadter / Michael H. Weber</credits>
Looks like something new on IMDb.

Also I would like an option to not link actor's photo when there is no available.
<thumb>http://i.media-imdb.com/images/SF75f7b1263bd0a445227b4969e9fd7fce/tn15/no_photo.png</thumb>

Thanks, Ez.
Just a couple of days ago I started to use this excellent program for scraping all my movies.

The really nice feature I wanted to use was the "Sets Manager" which gives me a possibility to sort movies under a "folder" structure. Children movies in one, music videos in another folder etc.

But this "manager" could use a little upgrading in both speed and functionality. For example if I have 200 movies that I want to sort in "sets", the right column named "Movies" shouldn’t be static. When I “move” a movie in to a set, it should also be removed from this column. Else it’s difficult to keep track of which movies I have sorted in to a set.

One way to solve this is to integrate the "sets" functionality under "Files and sources" settings. For example a "source" could have a setting that automatically connect a set to the source so every time a new movie was dropped in to the source, it get sorted under a specific set.

And I'm sorry if this matter is already discussed in an earlier thread or messages. But with almost 300 messages in this thread, I found it easier and speedier to just write a big new message. Big Grin
SpazMonkey Wrote:I was digging around the OP and page 261 and saw some discussion about Taglines and Ember Media Manager. I am currently using version R1102. I can not yet figure out how to get it to properly pull a tagline. Currently for all of my movies it is pulling <div class="info-content"> instead of an actual tagline. I dug around the known bugs page for EMM and could not find it as a listed bug. I have however got EMM to work wonders for every other part of my library. Thanks for the help.

Had the same problem under an old version, but fixed for me under R1102. Maybe try a full new install and see whether this fixed it?!

One related request: I have quite a few movies scraped with unproper taglines. Would it be possible for the next release to include "update tagline" to fix this. Only for one release to get this worked out again. I am sure not too many suffer from the "old" tagline issue.
This is an awsome bit of software so thanks devs.

A quick question - can I sort my 007 collection by year instead of title?
nokmond Wrote:This is an awsome bit of software so thanks devs.

you can use the sorttitle field.
nokmond Wrote:This is an awsome bit of software so thanks devs.

Just configure your XBMC skin to sort by year for that collection set. The skin will still keep the title sorting for the rest of your collection.
Hi all,

I have a question about movies on 2 dvd's.
I have some movies in 2 parts (2 VIDEO_TS folders) how can i get Ember to see these as 1 movie instead of 2.

So the file structure is:
..\MovieName\DVD 1\VIDEO_TS\
..\MovieName\DVD 2\VIDEO_TS\

or

..\MovieName\CD1\
..\MovieName\CD2\

Both give me the same result, 2 entries in ember.

Greets,
Rob
I'm embarrassed to ask this but I have not been able to figure it out on my own.

Since I have more than one XBMC client and all my movies are on a NAS, I thought I'd create .nfo and .jpg files on the NAS folders using EMM to save every client from having to download them over the Internet. The specific problem I'm having is with each client's "Set Content" field for the Source that points to the shared movie folder hierarchy.

Since I could not find a NFO-Scraper setting under Movies, I used the one under Music Videos and while it did recursively traverse the folder hierarchy, it did not produce a "Movie Information" choice in the context pulldown.

I must be missing something real obvious and any help getting this set up correctly will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
I got a strange problem, i tagged all movies with the latest ember and created nfos, in ember everything works cover, fanart.

in the latest xbmc I only get to see the movie titels and description, but mostly no covers and none of the fanart ?
all movies are in folders with the correct imdb title and there are also the nfos, backdrops and a folder.jpg with the cover ...

any hints?
thank you.
is here any change this is coming to osX (mac)... i just converted from a PC user to Mac user, and i love this program... And i hope a can use it still...

If not... is there another great program for osx that do the samething?
PrimaryMaster Wrote:is here any change this is coming to osX (mac)... i just converted from a PC user to Mac user, and i love this program... And i hope a can use it still...

If not... is there another great program for osx that do the samething?

Just run it through Parallels for Mac - it works fine.
ezechiel1917 Wrote:Also I would like an option to not link actor's photo when there is no available.
<thumb>http://i.media-imdb.com/images/SF75f7b1263bd0a445227b4969e9fd7fce/tn15/no_photo.png</thumb>

Thanks, Ez.

+1 on this.

I've always had EMM scrape actors with only images. IMDB must of changed something recently because now EMM finds tons of actors with that image.
duplu Wrote:Just run it through Parallels for Mac - it works fine.

i think you have to tell me more...
retro Wrote:I got a strange problem, i tagged all movies with the latest ember and created nfos, in ember everything works cover, fanart.

in the latest xbmc I only get to see the movie titels and description, but mostly no covers and none of the fanart ?
all movies are in folders with the correct imdb title and there are also the nfos, backdrops and a folder.jpg with the cover ...

any hints?
thank you.

I have the same problem using the latest version (9.11) for Windows. I've spend several hours getting al my information, descriptions and art correct, but to no avail.