Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
midgetspy Wrote:Just do it the way you have it but then download them and update the sizes as they come in. Because as it currently is it's extraordinarily annoying to download one, open it to check the size, try again etc. until I find one that is high res, hehe.

EDIT: It keeps saving <movie>-fanart.jpg, <movie>.nfo, and "poster.tbn" instead of fanart.jpg, movie.nfo, and movie.tbn. Is there a setting for this somewhere?

Not sure what you mean by "then download them and update the sizes as they come in". There are 4 sizes of posters on TMDB. They are labeled: original, mid, cover, and thumb. Just for simplicity, I'm "renaming" them as original = xlarge, mid = large, cover = medium, thumb = small. When you select a poster that is on TMDB, it will ask you to select which size. If you select large, it just uses the image you already downloaded (well, it's supposed to, I just fixed it for 019 lol). If you select xlarge, medium, or small, it downloads that single poster and uses it. Are you saying that you want to have 2 levels of poster views.... so when you get to the Poster Select dialog it automatically downloads the "mid" posters (actually I think I'll change it to where it d/ls the "cover" posters. Anyway.....). Then, when you select one of those posters, it then downloads all of the sizes for that particular poster and displays those with sizes. Then you select one of those to use?

And just FYI, you can view the full size poster and fanart by double clicking them on the main screen. Wink

The setting for <movie>.ext vs movie.ext is just under the sources list in the settings.
nul7 Wrote:Not sure what you mean by "then download them and update the sizes as they come in". There are 4 sizes of posters on TMDB. They are labeled: original, mid, cover, and thumb. Just for simplicity, I'm "renaming" them as original = xlarge, mid = large, cover = medium, thumb = small. When you select a poster that is on TMDB, it will ask you to select which size. If you select large, it just uses the image you already downloaded (well, it's supposed to, I just fixed it for 019 lol). If you select xlarge, medium, or small, it downloads that single poster and uses it. Are you saying that you want to have 2 levels of poster views.... so when you get to the Poster Select dialog it automatically downloads the "mid" posters (actually I think I'll change it to where it d/ls the "cover" posters. Anyway.....). Then, when you select one of those posters, it then downloads all of the sizes for that particular poster and displays those with sizes. Then you select one of those to use?

And just FYI, you can view the full size poster and fanart by double clicking them on the main screen. Wink

The setting for <movie>.ext vs movie.ext is just under the sources list in the settings.

Ah I didn't know what that setting meant.

For posters sometimes it gave me an option for xlarge/large/etc but sometimes it didn't. For the ones it didn't how do I know what size they are? Are they all the same size?

Not that it matters right now since it seems to just save them to the Temp folder and then delete them ;-P
midgetspy Wrote:Ah I didn't know what that setting meant.

For posters sometimes it gave me an option for xlarge/large/etc but sometimes it didn't. For the ones it didn't how do I know what size they are? Are they all the same size?

Not that it matters right now since it seems to just save them to the Temp folder and then delete them ;-P

The ones that don't give you the option are from IMPA. They don't have an API as far as I know, so I'm just scraping their site. There's no way for me to know what sizes are what since they don't have very descriptive filenames either so I just download all of them. lol

EDIT: And all of the IMPA images should work in 018... at least they do for me. The ones that are screwed up are the TMDB Large and the Medium was messed up too. lol
wow, sounds like I missed a lot here! Looks good, I'll let you know what else crops up Wink
nul7 Wrote:The ones that don't give you the option are from IMPA. They don't have an API as far as I know, so I'm just scraping their site. There's no way for me to know what sizes are what since they don't have very descriptive filenames either so I just download all of them. lol

EDIT: And all of the IMPA images should work in 018... at least they do for me. The ones that are screwed up are the TMDB Large and the Medium was messed up too. lol

For the IMPA ones you will know the size once you download it to display, right? Unless they're all the same size it'd be great to know the dimensions since it's often more important to me the quality of the poster than the contents of it, hehe.
Ok, 019 is up. I changed the name to Ember Media Manager.... but that's not set in stone, so if anyone has any better ideas, let me know.

Does anyone know who to PM to get the title of the thread changed?

Also, adding support for stacking was easy...... a little too easy. lol It took all of about 6 lines of code. I have that feeling that I missed something somewhere, but it seemed to work when testing. *shrug*
midgetspy Wrote:For the IMPA ones you will know the size once you download it to display, right? Unless they're all the same size it'd be great to know the dimensions since it's often more important to me the quality of the poster than the contents of it, hehe.

Yeah, but it would look funny to have some of them labeled and some of them not. lol But usability IS > aesthetics. I added a display of the size of the posters and fanart in 019. Let me know if that's ok, or if you still want me to add a display in the selection interface.
I love this software, can't wait see support for TV Shows. I have some comments.

1. In 0.18 and 0.19 the poster/fanart doesn't save for me. I can select them but they are not saved to the movie.

2. When searching IMDB can the default for the enter key be to search and not close the dialog.

3. Not a top priority but I wolud like an option to clean the folder name of a movie, change it from "movie.dvdrip.group.xvid" to just "movie"

4. I actually think the color chooser in settings dialog isn't necessary. The GUI looks great as it is and colorchooser removes some of the sleekness of the app.
Fobmyxeer Wrote:I love this software, can't wait see support for TV Shows. I have some comments.

1. In 0.18 and 0.19 the poster/fanart doesn't save for me. I can select them but they are not saved to the movie.

2. When searching IMDB can the default for the enter key be to search and not close the dialog.

3. Not a top priority but I wolud like an option to clean the folder name of a movie, change it from "movie.dvdrip.group.xvid" to just "movie"

4. I actually think the color chooser in settings dialog isn't necessary. The GUI looks great as it is and colorchooser removes some of the sleekness of the app.

Thanks!

1> Do you have an error log you can share? It seems to be working fine for me. I've tried every combination of size, file vs folder mode, etc and it still works. If it displays on the screen, but the checkboxes in the media list are not being checked, it's working. It was something I overlooked when adding support for stacking, but have already fixed it for 020. If it's just not saving at all, then I need more info as to what you're doing, folder structure, file names, etc.

2> Done for 020

3> Added to the To Do list

4> I didn't think everyone would like the bleak colors so I just threw that in there. If you like the colors now, then you'll be glad it's there because I just changed all the text to black. lol I think it looks better.
Here is the relevant error log. I'm using Windows 7 beta x32 so it might not be worth the time to fix it. As I mentioned earlier 0.17 still works. I get the same error regardless of folder name type.

Code:
Title: Error
StackTrace:    at System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename, ImageCodecInfo encoder, EncoderParameters encoderParams)
   at System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename, ImageFormat format)
   at System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename)
   at Ember_Media_Manager.dlgImgSelect.OK_Button_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
Date/Time: 2009-05-09 13:43:46
===========================================================================================
Message: Access to the path 'C:\Users\User\Desktop\emm\Temp\poster.tbn' is denied.
StackTrace:    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode)
   at Ember_Media_Manager.dlgEditMovie.btnSetPosterScrape_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
Date/Time: 2009-05-09 13:43:46
===========================================================================================

Also when browsing the movelist with cursor keys the only way to select a movie is with a mouseclick right? It doesn't autoselect and enter just jumps down an enty.
Hi,

the program is looking good so far... I am running x64 verision on Windows 7 beta.

Running version 0.19 I have encountered the following problems:

1. Using File folders, only one movie per folder is scanned - previous version I tried (0.10) got all movies allright.

The relevant error log goes as follows:
    Code:
    Message: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
    StackTrace:    at System.Collections.ArrayList.ArrayListEnumeratorSimple.MoveNext()
       at Ember_Media_Manager.Master.EnumerateFiles(String sPath)
    Date/Time: 09/05/2009 15:22:10
    StackTrace:    at System.Collections.ArrayList.ArrayListEnumeratorSimple.MoveNext()
  2. Fanart is not saved.: I am able to choose the art I want to download, click ok, and then... nothing.
    Something extrange seems that if you choose a background, and then want to get a new one all the images need to be redownloaded.
    Log says:
    Code:
    Parameter name: path
    StackTrace:    at System.IO.Directory.GetParent(String path)
       at Ember_Media_Manager.dlgEditMovie.btnSetFanart_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    Date/Time: 09/05/2009 15:37:25
theotocopulitos Wrote:[*]Fanart is not saved.: I am able to choose the art I want to download, click ok, and then... nothing.
Something extrange seems that if you choose a background, and then want to get a new one all the images need to be redownloaded.

I get the same thing. Fanart/poster won't save when manually changed, using 019

Code:
StackTrace:    at System.Drawing.Image.FromStream(Stream stream, Boolean useEmbeddedColorManagement, Boolean validateImageData)
   at System.Drawing.Image.FromStream(Stream stream)
   at Ember_Media_Manager.frmMain.bwLoadInfo_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
Date/Time: 5/9/2009 10:57:14 AM
Message: Conversion from string "" to type 'Long' is not valid.
StackTrace:    at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToLong(String Value)
   at Ember_Media_Manager.dlgEditMovie.FillInfo()
Date/Time: 5/9/2009 10:57:30 AM
StackTrace:    at System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename, ImageCodecInfo encoder, EncoderParameters encoderParams)
   at Ember_Media_Manager.dlgImgSelect.OK_Button_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
Date/Time: 5/9/2009 10:58:31 AM
StackTrace:    at System.Drawing.Image.FromStream(Stream stream, Boolean useEmbeddedColorManagement, Boolean validateImageData)
   at System.Drawing.Image.FromStream(Stream stream)
   at Ember_Media_Manager.dlgEditMovie.btnSetFanartScrape_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
Date/Time: 5/9/2009 10:58:31 AM
Message: The process cannot access the file 'fanart.jpg' because it is being used by another process.
StackTrace:    at System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)
   at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)
   at Ember_Media_Manager.dlgEditMovie.SetInfo()
Date/Time: 5/9/2009 10:58:32 AM
Ok 020 is in the first post.... should fix every error you guys listed. Thanks for the feedback.

Edit: removed the d/l links for a couple mins. Found an error in my stream/buffer code.
021 is ready to go in the first post.
022 is in the first post. I've been playing with it all day and just found some little things that needed tweaking. Also, this will fix some issues with saving fanart/posters under some (rare) circumstances.