Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
does this work on linux yet?
rflores2323 Wrote:does this work on linux yet?

No, it is written in VB.NET and is therefore not very cross-platform-friendly.
nul7 Wrote:Both very good ideas. Please add them as feature requests on embermm.com and we'll definitely get them worked in (They'll probably be forgotten/overlooked otherwise). It may be a while though as TV support is getting my full attention at the moment.

Done, as well as another request for a smarted search bar (in short: combining the filtering and searching in one place, a-la Google Search, by using boolean logic. Thus, allowing searches like "thriller AND malkovitch AND rating:4", or something like that).

Thanks for your replies, and sorry for eating up some of your precious time.

Best regards
Ducklord
Just a status update: I have the initial db and nfo writing code finished up (which I'm sure will change over the next few days) and some of the scanning/loading code. I'm hoping by tomorrow night I'll have Ember loading/writing TV shows! There is still a ton of work to do on the GUI, then scraping (which even the movies side of things will be rewritten), then we'll make a preliminary release to make sure everything is kosher with the basic stuff before we move on to the extra features. I'm guessing another 2 weeks or so.
nul7 Wrote:Just a status update: I have the initial db and nfo writing code finished up (which I'm sure will change over the next few days) and some of the scanning/loading code. I'm hoping by tomorrow night I'll have Ember loading/writing TV shows! There is still a ton of work to do on the GUI, then scraping (which even the movies side of things will be rewritten), then we'll make a preliminary release to make sure everything is kosher with the basic stuff before we move on to the extra features. I'm guessing another 2 weeks or so.

That is incredibly exciting; I had no idea so much progress had been madeBig Grin.
NasaGeek Wrote:That is incredibly exciting; I had no idea so much progress had been madeBig Grin.

I thought it was going pretty slow. lol I have only had an hour or two at the most each day... and I haven't been able to work on it on some days. Plus, I've been sticking in some other features/bugfixes and rewriting some other stuff.
Pretty good news. Appreciate all you do.
nul7 Wrote:Just a status update: I have the initial db and nfo writing code finished up (which I'm sure will change over the next few days) and some of the scanning/loading code. I'm hoping by tomorrow night I'll have Ember loading/writing TV shows! There is still a ton of work to do on the GUI, then scraping (which even the movies side of things will be rewritten), then we'll make a preliminary release to make sure everything is kosher with the basic stuff before we move on to the extra features. I'm guessing another 2 weeks or so.
This is great news indeed. Any plans on including use of XBMC xml scrapers?
nojuan Wrote:This is great news indeed. Any plans on including use of XBMC xml scrapers?

That may come later... I'm going to rewrite the scraper stuff to allow different sites, but I'm not sure if we'll be using XBMC's scrapers. We'll probably implement our own....... or maybe just modified versions of XBMC's scrapers.
this is awesome news. I cannot wait. with TV support this will be the ultimate media manager. keep up the great work.
Awesome news on the TV addition.......I am currently using 2 different media managers and would love to consolidate under Ember.

thanks again !!
Can we please add in the ability to configure the posters for set... please!

They are placed in the first movie in the set with the name:

'set_setname_1.jpg'

eg. 'set_The Matrix Trilogy_1.jpg

I'm doing this manually at the moment and it's time consuming

Cheers
When i first downloaded everything worked fine. I scanned everything and it even scraped subtitles. Then i deleted everything fanart,nfo,subtitles and etc, tried to scrape again and for some reason, now it wont scrape either subs or nfo's. Ive checked and double checked the settings everything is ticked as its suppose too, but it wont download either subs or nfo anymore. Anyone know how to correct this? When i choose to scrape it ticks the box for nfo but then when i click refresh it unticks it because the nfo is not saved on my HD.

Im using the Auto scrape all library function, this is my third time scanning.
If i do a single scrape of one movie everything works fine.

EDIT: I clicked on mark all items, then went to scrape marked items for nfo, and its now downloading the nfo. Now is there anyway to get the subs downloaded?

EDIT: Still no dice, it shows the check mark next to nfo while its scanning but when its done nothing gets downloaded.
CorpseTumor Wrote:Now is there anyway to get the subs downloaded?

While I do not know what the source of your current problem is, I can tell you that Ember Media Manager can not currently download subtitles.
NasaGeek Wrote:While I do not know what the source of your current problem is, I can tell you that Ember Media Manager can not currently download subtitles.

ahh ok well that clears that up, i guess I just got confused with the subtitles i had already downloaded.

been trying to get this to work all day, in the beginning it worked, but now i cant get it working again. No clue what the problem is but it wont download any nfo unless i do it manually.

Also found that it keeps crashing. I using windows 7 and if i dont click on run as administrator it just starts up and gives me a "ember media manager has stopped working" and shuts down. Just wondering if this is normal also and what steps should i take to correct this.