Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. Saw in a prev post that it isn't possible to scan rar files for meta information. Searched the trac for info is you were planning to add such feature, but couldn't find any. So are you planning to add meta scanning on rar files?

2. Do anyone know a great tool to unrar movies? Without having to select the movie and choose unrar then delete the rars. Tongue Have like 100 movies in rar.
Zhonn Wrote:2. Do anyone know a great tool to unrar movies? Without having to select the movie and choose unrar then delete the rars. Tongue Have like 100 movies in rar.

http://www.torrent-invites.com/tutorials...ously.html

seems to do the trick Smile
Nuno Wrote:How it call ember?

Simply opening the exe file in the folder... but it tell me that can't find it... Never had this error before.... The software for macro it's Automate BPA Server
BigBlack Wrote:Simply opening the exe file in the folder... but it tell me that can't find it... Never had this error before.... The software for macro it's Automate BPA Server

But that a issue of the software not ember.. is that software that say it can't find.. nothing we can do
I've this problem only for Ember... so it's an ember problem... not software... why it ask UAC authorization? Can be that... I tryed 2 different directory to install... It's always the same... Beta release didn't ask nothing... What's changed?
BigBlack Wrote:I've this problem only for Ember... so it's an ember problem... not software... why it ask UAC authorization? Can be that... I tryed 2 different directory to install... It's always the same... Beta release didn't ask nothing... What's changed?

hummm... Smile .. you can run it from Windows Explorer? ....
Nothing changed from Beta release (1.0) regarding UAC.. you just need to give access to setup/ember .. or will not be able to write proper files
Please open a support ticket so we can help you more on this.
Yes I can run from windows explorer but not without UAC authorization...Ok i'll open a ticket... the confirmation mail was in the undesired mail... However i don't run setup as administrator... i can try again this...

edit: I opened a support ticket... however alson running setup in adrministrator mode, it's the same... The trouble is in the UAC request.... I tryed to open another software that ask authorization and give me the same error.... So you must to search what changed, to ask every time the authorization... The beta wasn't like that... Can be the setup process? Do you have an archive to install it? Instead of setup?
I was able to add my entire TV Series into Ember and it went well. I just have one question about adding new episodes. When I update the TV Library it does find new episodes but it seems I manually have to pull the metadata. Is there any option Im missing to have it automatically scan in metadata when doing a Library update?

Also the latest version , 1996, showed a quick readme about Clean TV Series season or something like that. Could someone explain what that implied and if ember will automatically create season folders for those that dont have them?

thanks
nul7 Wrote:If it's not saving anything, either you haven't enabled any file naming options, or you have selected improper ones for your file/folder structure. It could also be a permissions problem, but you should see an error in this case.

More than likely the trailer just doesn't exist any more on YouTube. What movie are you trying to get a trailer from and what trailer sites do you have enabled?

I'm guessing its going to be a permissions problem. I'm running windows 7 and like bigblack I can't seem to get this release to open without the uac prompt. Tried installing under program files and appdata but no luck.ill check when I get home wheter its another issue but I'm almost sure its the damn uac prompt.

The trailers I'm trying to scrape are for alvin and the chipmunks, the imaginarium of doctor parnassus and both of them come up blank. I tried to get trailers from a direct youtube link and it still came up blank. I have all the scrapers enabled. Could it be the new youtube layout?doubt it but just throwing it out there....
Yes also I've win 7 64-bit... I set all the permission for all folder, file but nothing change... Uac promt always...

This the asnwer of EMM support:
"We need to. Windows UAC make us do it or Ember will fail to write in disk in many systems
Please run Setup as a administrator.. After that try the new installation!

Ember is doing the correct thing, asking for permissions that it needs (required by UAC).
You can disable UAC, try to install in a no UAC controlled folder.
We cannot disable this function, or Ember will fail in many other user configurations.
Also, as you say so, your macro application also has issue with other application that request for the permission. This is a issue of that application, that don’t contain support for UAC requirements"
Nm, nice fools joke but April fools is long past; hows about a proper version of this fine app? question about shows, I use UMM and the one that came before it, will ember respect the nfos etc it created?
I installed the new version of EMM today and added my movies to it. If I open a movie and click on the add trailer option, click download trailer list, select the youtube video i want, click download it then pops up a box that says available formats but it is empty. If I copy the address and paste it into my browser it is a fully functioning trailer. Im curious as to why this is happening, do i have a setting wrong? The movie i tested this on was 2012.
hermy65 Wrote:I installed the new version of EMM today and added my movies to it. If I open a movie and click on the add trailer option, click download trailer list, select the youtube video i want, click download it then pops up a box that says available formats but it is empty. If I copy the address and paste it into my browser it is a fully functioning trailer. Im curious as to why this is happening, do i have a setting wrong? The movie i tested this on was 2012.

Just try again a few times.
Something is finnecky about the way either ember parses the trailer format or the way youtube presents them.

But usually for me, if I retry a few (20 Tongue) times , then it finds the formats.
Hi,

With the latest version, I have a TV Show "The Office (UK)" thats acting strangely.

First emm showed that I had no seasons at all. I did an update library and reload, and now the two seasons seem to appear.

My problem now is that EMM says I don't have episode one (2-6 are ok). Again a reload of emm, right click and reload, and an update library don't make this episode appear.

Path to Season 1 Episode 1 that appears as missing is

F:\New Tv Shows\The Office (UK)\Season 1\s01e01.mkv

Let me know if there is any more info I can give and if it can be confirmed, I'll post a bug report.

And one query, how does emm handle tv shows that have something like s01e01-02.mkv. It only seems to list one, and not the other. As many TV Shows have episodes stuck together, example lost season 1 episode 24 and 25.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_(season_1)

In this case, thetvdb.com lists them seperately. Perhaps I could create a feature request for the emm gui to be able to display both as being present, and maybe a link icon or something to show they are the same file? Is this too much to ask?
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=...6345&lid=7

At present, xbmc seems to get all mixed up one me also, showing only one as being present out of the two, yet without the nfos created by emm I could have swore it did show two being present.... I'll investigate that.
already discussed