Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Livin Wrote:got it, thx... you might want to have some defaults for the posters and flag settings Wink

lol Or some sort of startup wizard......... and some documentation.
Does anyone else have these problems:

Issue 1 - Status bar is solid black
Issue 16 - Ember hangs on refreshing media info
Issue 28 - Poster scrape results not scrolling properly

I'm thinking they are problems with the users' computers because no one else has reported any of them, but want to make sure. I just don't want to go chasing bugs that are not actually there. lol
Tested r72 with VIDEO_TS and all looks good, except it complains it can't find genres.xml all of a sudden.
clackerdacker Wrote:Tested r72 with VIDEO_TS and all looks good, except it complains it can't find genres.xml all of a sudden.

PM me with your email or Skype/Google Chat and I'll send it to you. I split the images out to work like studio and media flags so people could add their own. Thanks for testing it!
PM sent
clackerdacker Wrote:PM sent

Email sent.
nul7 Wrote:Does anyone else have these problems:

Issue 1 - Status bar is solid black
Issue 16 - Ember hangs on refreshing media info
Issue 28 - Poster scrape results not scrolling properly

I'm thinking they are problems with the users' computers because no one else has reported any of them, but want to make sure. I just don't want to go chasing bugs that are not actually there. lol

Issue 1 isn't happening in my r59 build...
I really like this program and how it's progressing. I'd love to see an option similar to MIP for use with the Aeon skin.
g00fy1 Wrote:I really like this program and how it's progressing. I'd love to see an option similar to MIP for use with the Aeon skin.

Thanks! I'm not sure what you mean by "for use with Aeon skin". EMM supports studio tags, can download fanart to use as extrathumbs, and extract frames from the movie to use as extrathumbs... what else is there? lol
I was just playing around with r59 right now, and noticed that it won't allow me to change a certain poster. I can download them all and select one properly, but when i click 'ok' it won't save the poster... this is the error log

Code:
Title: Error
Message: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
StackTrace:    at System.Collections.ArrayList.ArrayListEnumeratorSimple.MoveNext()
   at Ember_Media_Manager.frmMain.bwPrelim_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
Date/Time: 5/19/2009 12:22:10 PM
===========================================================================================
sumofatguy Wrote:I was just playing around with r59 right now, and noticed that it won't allow me to change a certain poster. I can download them all and select one properly, but when i click 'ok' it won't save the poster... this is the error log

Code:
Title: Error
Message: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
StackTrace:    at System.Collections.ArrayList.ArrayListEnumeratorSimple.MoveNext()
   at Ember_Media_Manager.frmMain.bwPrelim_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
Date/Time: 5/19/2009 12:22:10 PM
===========================================================================================

Hmm... bwPrelim_DoWork runs when the program first opens or when you hit Rescan Media so I'm not sure if that's related to this problem or not. What exactly were the steps that you took? Is it only one particular movie causing this and, if so, does it still happen if you close and reopen EMM? What is the movie?
nul7 Wrote:Hmm... bwPrelim_DoWork runs when the program first opens or when you hit Rescan Media so I'm not sure if that's related to this problem or not. What exactly were the steps that you took? Is it only one particular movie causing this and, if so, does it still happen if you close and reopen EMM? What is the movie?

Ok, so I opened EMM which previously had all my movies scanned.. I tried this on a few movies: I clicked 'edit movie' on the selected movie. clicked 'poster' and 'change poster'. Clicked on a new one I liked, and it downloaded it and displayed it properly in the 'edit movie' dialog. When I clicked ok, the poster doesn't change (and the tbn in the movie folder didn't change either).

I tried with wall-e and ong-bak, and they both did the same thing as above

and i guess you're right with the log... It didn't give me one this time
sumofatguy Wrote:Ok, so I opened EMM which previously had all my movies scanned.. I tried this on a few movies: I clicked 'edit movie' on the selected movie. clicked 'poster' and 'change poster'. Clicked on a new one I liked, and it downloaded it and displayed it properly in the 'edit movie' dialog. When I clicked ok, the poster doesn't change (and the tbn in the movie folder didn't change either).

I tried with wall-e and ong-bak, and they both did the same thing as above

and i guess you're right with the log... It didn't give me one this time

2 things... are the files read only? and do you have "overwrite existing poster" selected in settings?
nul7 Wrote:2 things... are the files read only? and do you have "overwrite existing poster" selected in settings?

doh, my bad... I thought "overwrite existing poster" was only for when the auto-scan was run. I just assumed if I'm manually changing something it will overwrite the poster. Sorry, I was just a little unclear there, its all good now Smile

edit: maybe it would be beneficial to have the "change poster" option greyed out if 'overwrite poster' option is disabled. Or have "overwrite poster" option only 'in effect' during autoscans...
sumofatguy Wrote:doh, my bad... I thought "overwrite existing poster" was only for when the auto-scan was run. I just assumed if I'm manually changing something it will overwrite the poster. Sorry, I was just a little unclear there, its all good now Smile

edit: maybe it would be beneficial to have the "change poster" option greyed out if 'overwrite poster' option is disabled. Or have "overwrite poster" option only 'in effect' during autoscans...

lol I was just writing the code for that now... poster changes from the movie editor don't consider the overwrite posters option, but auto-pilots do. Not sure why I didn't do that in the first place. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.