Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
He needs SQL as well.
I seem to remember that the "update library" feature was not working in Ember, then noticed in another thread, a call for the XBMC web API that would allow this in one line:

Quote:h..p://xbmcaddress/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=ExecBuiltIn&parameter=XBMC.updatelibrary(video)

Is this already being used, and if so, is there some other reason library update is not working in my version?

On a separate note ... Is there a feature-request in, for an daemon style version of Ember? For example, either running persistently in the tray, or a service-app version?

IMHO - there was never a need for this in the past; however, with TV show renaming, comes very frequent updates (renaming as all shows are pulled down from NNTP/Torrents).

Thank you in advance!
RKMFlorida Wrote:I seem to remember that the "update library" feature was not working in Ember, then noticed in another thread, a call for the XBMC web API that would allow this in one line:

Is this already being used, and if so, is there some other reason library update is not working in my version?

On a separate note ... Is there a feature-request in, for an daemon style version of Ember? For example, either running persistently in the tray, or a service-app version?

IMHO - there was never a need for this in the past; however, with TV show renaming, comes very frequent updates (renaming as all shows are pulled down from NNTP/Torrents).

Thank you in advance!

With the most recent official release (r1102) the update XBMC button works just fine. What revision of EMM are you using, and are you sure you set it up right?

edit: I can also confirm that the most recent SVN (r1189) also updates XBMC just fine.
Using r1102, however, it appears the recent XBMC builds don't have the web server on by default and evidently my configs were erased at some point.

If only there were an XML file to store the XBMC configs (not the sources, but general configs set through the "settings"). It would be so much quicker and far more reliable/persistent. I've asked about that in the forums a couple times and never received any answer..
RKMFlorida Wrote:Using r1102, however, it appears the recent XBMC builds don't have the web server on by default and evidently my configs were erased at some point.

If only there were an XML file to store the XBMC configs (not the sources, but general configs set through the "settings"). It would be so much quicker and far more reliable/persistent. I've asked about that in the forums a couple times and never received any answer..

There is a guisettings.xml file that changes your settings. Check the userdata folder.
DonnyP Wrote:^^^^ sorry, i tried searching around for about an hour, but couldn't find anything other than Nul07's tutorial. I tried following that but i kept getting an error code. Didnt mean to bug anyone Sad

I'd like to give compiling to the latest svn a go, but, can't find the tutorial. Can anyone post a link? Thanks.
DonnyP Wrote:^^^^ sorry, i tried searching around for about an hour, but couldn't find anything other than Nul07's tutorial. I tried following that but i kept getting an error code. Didnt mean to bug anyone Sad

Can you get it to build yet? If not can you post the error your received?
Hey nul7, glad to see you're back and continue this software Smile

http://leetzone.org/French_r1194.zip

Last french translation, but it seems the interface don't use the file for most of the new strings.
@NasaGeek - Thanks a million. I should have opened this file earlier. Now I'll never have to deal with all of my settings getting deleted.

For sake of this benefiting others on the topic of Ember configuration: To those using Ember to prompt a re-sync "Initiate Update" of your library, make sure to enable the web server through the guisettings.xml or the XBMC UI:

For example:
<webserver>true</webserver>
<webserverpassword pathversion="1"></webserverpassword>
<webserverport>8080</webserverport>
<webserverusername>xbmc</webserverusername>

And make sure to specify the port in Ember as well (considering that by default, it's 8080 rather than the conventional port 80).
Tolriq Wrote:Hey nul7, glad to see you're back and continue this software Smile

http://leetzone.org/French_r1194.zip

Last french translation, but it seems the interface don't use the file for most of the new strings.

Thanks! What do you mean by the interface doesn't use the file for the new strings? Which ones in particular? Everything seems to work fine for me. I have a dummy translation file that I use for testing in which I replace all the strings with "####".... looks like they're all loading fine to me.
I compiled the 1194 and tested with my translation and the spanish that can be downloaded.

And all the new string for TV show are not translated, but the old for movies are (in settings) did not have time to test the TV function for the moment.
Tolriq Wrote:I compiled the 1194 and tested with my translation and the spanish that can be downloaded.

And all the new string for TV show are not translated, but the old for movies are (in settings) did not have time to test the TV function for the moment.

the new strings aren't in any of the downloadable translation files yet. lol I just tried your translation file, and aside from a few strings that were added after you created the file, everything loads just fine for me. I couldn't tell you want it all says or if each string is on the right control, but everything is in French. lol
Hum, i've just compiled r1198 and it works, strange perhaps i made a mistake Smile

Here's the updated file.
http://leetzone.org/French_r1198.zip

In the meantime i tried to scan some series and i got errors if i try to scan just 1 folder containing one serie, if i scan one directory up it works, perhaps just put an message Smile

Quote:Title: Error
Nom du paramètre*: input
StackTrace: à System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Match(String input)
à System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Match(String input, String pattern)
à Ember_Media_Manager.StringManip.FilterTVEpName(String TVEpName, String TVShowName, Boolean doExtras, Boolean remPunct)
Date/Time: 01/02/2010 11:16:31
===========================================================================================

Title: Error
Message: La référence d'objet n'est pas définie à une instance d'un objet.
StackTrace: à Ember_Media_Manager.StringManip.FilterTVEpName(String TVEpName, String TVShowName, Boolean doExtras, Boolean remPunct)
à Ember_Media_Manager.Scanner.LoadShow(TVShowContainer TVContainer)
Date/Time: 01/02/2010 11:16:31
===========================================================================================

Meaning : input is null, and the object is not an object.
Tolriq Wrote:Hum, i've just compiled r1198 and it works, strange perhaps i made a mistake Smile

Here's the updated file.
http://leetzone.org/French_r1198.zip

In the meantime i tried to scan some series and i got errors if i try to scan just 1 folder containing one serie, if i scan one directory up it works, perhaps just put an message Smile

Meaning : input is null, and the object is not an object.

lol thanks.. never even thought to test that. Added detection if source is a single show folder
Hi Guys,

1st off - great work with ember! WOW

Couple of things id love to see.
1)
Quite often Ember won't find a trailer for my movies. I read earlier posts and read this is due to failed searches.
However, I see the TMDB API has a "Movie.imdbLookup" method.
This does not return the trailer url, but does return the TMDB ID.
Then with this ID you can use "Movie.getInfo" to get the youtube trailer url.
It does require an extra step, but when you think about it, both these 2 methods return a single result, where as searching returns many. So the time difference may not be that significant. You could always make it an extra option.
At present, I have resulted to writing a python script to do the above, but would love to see it in Ember.

2)
A option for Ember to "tick the trailer box" if trailer URL'S are found, not just local trailers.

Any news on how is that IMDB ID Trailer link website coming along?

Thanks!