Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Roborob Wrote:Hey nice work, I like to see trailer support, and have just 1 question about that.
You can check multiple sources to get the trailers, but if EMM has more then one trailer wich trailer does is download then ? The one with the best quaility or the first one to find ?

First on the list.
steve1977 Wrote:It will take the IMDB info if it is available in the nfo.

that's nice. so i'm finding that the fastest way to go about scraping a big library is to start with nfo only, fix false positives and not-founds, then rerun the automated process, fetching all the missing rest.
Maybe that should be considered as a possible MO for beginners.
bidossessi Wrote:that's nice. so i'm finding that the fastest way to go about scraping a big library is to start with nfo only, fix false positives and not-founds, then rerun the automated process, fetching all the missing rest.

Thats exactly how I did it. Mine is around 700 movies. First find the NFO and then let the computer run over night to find trailers and all the rest. The trailer download works amazingly well!!! Fantastic piece of software.

Looking forward for TV shows and music now!!!
smcnally75 Wrote:When you say you can't reproduce it, how are you testing it? Do the movies you scan already have NFO files and Ember is overwriting them? Or are you scanning new movies that have no NFO files yet?

Both. And it's working both way for me.
- If nfo not exists, it gets created
- If nfo exists, it gets overwrited
olympia Wrote:Both. And it's working both way for me.
- If nfo not exists, it gets created
- If nfo exists, it gets overwrited

Intersesting...Are your files local or on a networked drive? Mine are on a NAS.
smcnally75 Wrote:Intersesting...Are your files local or on a networked drive? Mine are on a NAS.

Try to Map a Drive letter and dont use full UNC
smcnally75 Wrote:Intersesting...Are your files local or on a networked drive? Mine are on a NAS.

Nuno Wrote:Try to Map a Drive letter and dont use full UNC

Yes, please try it in this way.
(personally I use NAS too, accessing with full UNC, but some folks reported difficulties with that)
Wow, a lot to catch up on. No one answered Nuno's question regarding the error log... if there is one, it would be easy to track down the problem. As olympia mentioned, there has to be specific settings or environment that is causing this because it's working for us (and I use NAS/UNC, as well). Just need to narrow down what's common for the ones that don't work.
Im having issues (searched and i appear to be the only one Confused ) i used to use mip but moved to emm a couple of weeks ago. Used emm to update movies and scrape new movies, for some im not getting the plot in the movie information. Upon inspecting the nfo it has a <plot_outline> (think that was the tag, something like that anyway) but no <plot> which should be directly under it, because of this theres no plot in xbmc.. Its easy enough to fix manually but would be good if there was an option to automatically copy plot outline to plot if there isnt one (mip has such a function, that i was using). Or some other work around.
Im at work for the next 7 hours so cant provide any nfo's or anything for a while.. Emm is busy downloading copious amounts of trailers, brilliant function! Went to bed at 11 last night, turned it on and woke up 8 hours later to find it was upto E, yeah this might take a while, lol..
I just finished a full fresh scan of all of my movies using r422 and had a few issues with the fanart with some movies (about 5%). It also incorrectly scraped a few movies (maybe 3-5), but I think that's within the realm of acceptance.

There were quite a few instances (50 out of my 600 movies) where fanart didn't get saved for some really popular movies (WALL-E, Pulp Fiction, Predator, Office Space, The Matrix, etc.)

It looks like it gives this over and over in the log:

Code:
Title: Error
StackTrace:    at System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename, ImageCodecInfo encoder, EncoderParameters encoderParams)
   at Ember_Media_Manager.Images.GetPreferredImage(String IMDBID, ImageType iType, Fanart& fArt, Poster& pThumbs, Boolean doAsk)
Date/Time: 6/24/2009 6:51:01 AM

When I go back to try to manually add the fanarts within EMM, I get this for most of them: (some work)

Code:
StackTrace:    at System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(String filename, Boolean useEmbeddedColorManagement)
   at Ember_Media_Manager.dlgImgSelect.GetFanart()
Date/Time: 6/24/2009 5:33:03 PM
Quote:As olympia mentioned, there has to be specific settings or environment that is causing this because it's working for us (and I use NAS/UNC, as well). Just need to narrow down what's common for the ones that don't work.

Well it's a tad bit frustrating at this point, because I've taken care to write three very comprehensive replies addressing every question, consideration -- including reiterating about the settings twice.

Yet despite doing my part to give you thorough detail, I get a one line response that essentially you guys aren't going to take the time to consider these details (evident by the fact that I keep being prompted for the same information I've already provided) because they aren't there on your system.

There is nothing fancy here. XP Pro SP3, standard LAN to the SMB shares on another Windows XP Pro box -- but none of the network/share issues should be as relevant, considering it does work in right-click explicit or "Missing NFO". I've told you everything there is about the configuration, the right-click explicit lookup works, and the "Missing NFO's" work. As I've already explained Ask/Force makes no difference.

The error log is simple and difficult to relate to each operation because I don't see any method to log in verbose mode. However, with that said, there are dozens of type conversion errors (StringToNumber) in the ScrapeOptions. Along with several redundant Async calls (This operation has already had OperationCompleted called on it and further calls are illegal) .. noted in the error log.
garvani Wrote:Im having issues (searched and i appear to be the only one Confused ) i used to use mip but moved to emm a couple of weeks ago. Used emm to update movies and scrape new movies, for some im not getting the plot in the movie information. Upon inspecting the nfo it has a <plot_outline> (think that was the tag, something like that anyway) but no <plot> which should be directly under it, because of this theres no plot in xbmc.. Its easy enough to fix manually but would be good if there was an option to automatically copy plot outline to plot if there isnt one (mip has such a function, that i was using). Or some other work around.
Im at work for the next 7 hours so cant provide any nfo's or anything for a while.. Emm is busy downloading copious amounts of trailers, brilliant function! Went to bed at 11 last night, turned it on and woke up 8 hours later to find it was upto E, yeah this might take a while, lol..

Sure that's possible. Please add a feature request to the google code page so we don't forget about it.

rausch101 Wrote:I just finished a full fresh scan of all of my movies using r422 and had a few issues with the fanart with some movies (about 5%). It also incorrectly scraped a few movies (maybe 3-5), but I think that's within the realm of acceptance.

There were quite a few instances (50 out of my 600 movies) where fanart didn't get saved for some really popular movies (WALL-E, Pulp Fiction, Predator, Office Space, The Matrix, etc.)

It looks like it gives this over and over in the log:

Code:
StackTrace:    at System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename, ImageCodecInfo encoder, EncoderParameters encoderParams)
   at Ember_Media_Manager.Images.GetPreferredImage(String IMDBID, ImageType iType, Fanart& fArt, Poster& pThumbs, Boolean doAsk)
Date/Time: 6/24/2009 6:51:01 AM

When I go back to try to manually add the fanarts within EMM, I get this for most of them: (some work)

Code:
StackTrace:    at System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(String filename, Boolean useEmbeddedColorManagement)
   at Ember_Media_Manager.dlgImgSelect.GetFanart()
Date/Time: 6/24/2009 5:33:03 PM

Strange... I'll look into that.

EDIT: Just giving that a quick look-over, there is obviously a problem with caching. Try disabling or clearing the cache.... also, check to see if the drive isn't full.

rusten Wrote:Well it's a tad bit frustrating at this point, because I've taken care to write three very comprehensive replies addressing every question, consideration -- including reiterating about the settings twice.

Just because you don't think it's related to settings, doesn't mean it isn't.

rusten Wrote:Yet despite doing my part to give you thorough detail, I get a one line response that essentially you guys aren't going to take the time to consider these details (evident by the fact that I keep being prompted for the same information I've already provided) because they aren't there on your system.

Thanks great, thank you. But you are only one person. It helps to get a comparison of several environments to narrow down what the problem is. My post was not directed at you or ANYONE in particular.

rusten Wrote:There is nothing fancy here. XP Pro SP3, standard LAN to the SMB shares on another Windows XP Pro box -- but none of the network/share issues should be as relevant, considering it does work in right-click explicit or "Missing NFO". I've told you everything there is about the configuration, the right-click explicit lookup works, and the "Missing NFO's" work. As I've already explained Ask/Force makes no difference.

The error log is simple and difficult to relate to each operation because I don't see any method to log in verbose mode. However, with that said, there are dozens of type conversion errors (StringToNumber) in the ScrapeOptions. Along with several redundant Async calls (This operation has already had OperationCompleted called on it and further calls are illegal) .. noted in the error log.

Instead of getting irate, which helps nothing, you could simply post the error log (pastebin if it's long), which could help immensely.
Wow! Did Rusten pay for this software or something?
rusten Wrote:Well it's a tad bit frustrating at this point, because I've taken care to write three very comprehensive replies addressing every question, consideration -- including reiterating about the settings twice.

Yet despite doing my part to give you thorough detail, I get a one line response that essentially you guys aren't going to take the time to consider these details (evident by the fact that I keep being prompted for the same information I've already provided) because they aren't there on your system.

There's no reason at ALL to get upset at any of the programmers of EMM. I guarantee they're put much more effort into this program than you spent typing posts.

With that in mind, give them some time to answer you and don't get angry if you have to repeat something. nul7 and company are probably working on other bugs/issues/features that pertain more to the vast majority of users.

And lastly, it's FREEWARE that's not even out of the alpha stage. What can you expect?
Ok, for people with this scraper problem, this is just a shot in the dark since we have no error logs or solid info yet, but try disabling trailer downloading.

Also, just to reiterate olympia's earlier question that never got a definitive answer: Do the updaters work for all other file types aside from ISO?

EDIT: @rausch101.... just wanted to make sure you saw my edit in the post above regarding caching:

nul7 Wrote:EDIT: Just giving that a quick look-over, there is obviously a problem with caching. Try disabling or clearing the cache.... also, check to see if the drive isn't full.

EDIT2: And on a completely unrelated topic, if there is anyone that builds from SVN that could test this and provide feedback, it would be greatly appreciated:

http://code.google.com/p/embermediamanag...ail?id=196