Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
bobrap Wrote:Tried my little test today and the only shows that were picked up were those without season sub folders.
My setup:
T:\TV\Show Name\Season #\Show Name - SxxExx - Episode Title.mkv

Strange.... I have test folders with that exact structure and they are picked up just fine. I assume you're adding "T:\TV" as the source?
Looks to be picking up all my tv shows but is the movie side broken on the test build?

I'm also using the same file structure as bobrap and its picking up fine here as well.
@nul7 - Problem is that this is the first episode inside the first show(alphabetic) and EMM stop right after this "s01e01-02.avi" so it was i realy small/fast test Smile
well, I feel a bit stupid, but i got a nasty error message when i launch this software.

Running Windows 7 fresh install, got a "Problem Event Name: CLR20r3" crash window.

I saw some things related to something called "Extras packages", but i can't figure out what it is.

Any help? Thanks.
bnevets27 Wrote:
Code:
Title: Error
Message: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
StackTrace:    at System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewSelectedRowCollection.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at Ember_Media_Manager.frmMain.FillList(Int32 iIndex, Boolean DupesOnly, String Actor)
Date/Time: 19/01/2010 1:01:03 AM

Fixed this one. Happened when there were no shows in the list.

MrDVD Wrote:
Code:
Title: Error
Message: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
StackTrace:    bei Ember_Media_Manager.frmMain.fillScreenInfoWithEpisode()
Date/Time: 19.01.2010 11:03:29

I can't really find a reason for this... guessing there is something wrong in the db. Did you happen to build from SVN before trying the test release? If so, try deleting your db and settings and run EMM again. If not, can you email your db to [email protected] so I can look at the entries?

elecga Wrote:Looks to be picking up all my tv shows but is the movie side broken on the test build?

I'm also using the same file structure as bobrap and its picking up fine here as well.

Movies side should still be working, and is working fine for me. Does it not load any movies for you or just not finding new ones? Did you delete your old db and settings before trying the test version?
Theguzz Wrote:well, I feel a bit stupid, but i got a nasty error message when i launch this software.

Running Windows 7 fresh install, got a "Problem Event Name: CLR20r3" crash window.

I saw some things related to something called "Extras packages", but i can't figure out what it is.

Any help? Thanks.

Are you using the test release I posted yesterday or are you downloading one of the official releases? The official releases now contain all needed files. There is no extras package any more. Just make sure you have .NET 3.5 or higher installed and you're good to go. If you're using the test release, you'll need to download one of the official releases first, then overwrite with the files from the test release.
nul7 Wrote:Movies side should still be working, and is working fine for me. Does it not load any movies for you or just not finding new ones? Did you delete your old db and settings before trying the test version?

I moved settings and db to a different folder then dropped in the exe and folder from the test build. I thought movies might be broken so I didn't spend too much time troubleshooting, i'll take a look again later tonight and if its not working i'll post a error log.
Thanks

btw its not showing anything under movies, I did a update library and it looked like it was scanning through each movie and reloading info but after a couple mins, the process ended and list was empty.
I have tried using the test build and when I set a folder for tv shows, for some reason its showing the first movie I have under the movie tab in the tv show tab. Any reason why this could be happening??

Please advise

EDIT: Deleted my folders for my movies and tried doing just the tv shows and it worked. But when I went back to re-add the movie folders, only 1 movie shows up even though all my folders are selected. Also regarding tv shows, I cant right click on the show, the season or the episode to edit the info like you can on the movies. Is this something that will be added in the final release?

Thanks
jondr13 Wrote:I have tried using the test build and when I set a folder for tv shows, for some reason its showing the first movie I have under the movie tab in the tv show tab. Any reason why this could be happening??

Please advise

How did you go about setting the source folder. Did you do it at the introductory screen or through the settings?
I'm not sure why, but when I tried the test release and I haven't tried anything since, but today when I set the TV source it clears out before I can hit the OK button.

Yes I've been running the Movie section for a few weeks unless something is different between the TV build and the movie.
I have a bug with the latest tv build. When I try to add a new source, it will let me select the location, but when i try to give it a name, the window closes and doesn't save anything. It doesn't crash the program, just the settings window.
@xm41907 and kizer

I had the same thing last night. I was using an old build(from 11-21) to test cause their website was down and had the same problems.

Just downloaded the recent build, applied the test .exe and now it works as it should.

Seemed to miss some obvious ones:
Entourage.S01E01.nfo was missed, yet the rest of the season(all named the same way) were picked up. No biggie, still super early...
I've gone a few pages back and searched the thread, but I couldn't find any recently links to the test release. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Would love to check it out for TV shows.
mcborzu Wrote:@bob_loblaw

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=487...count=3090

Thanks for that. I searched for "test release" which didn't return any relevant matches, but was obviously the wrong term to use.

Grabbing it now.

Edit: OK, had a quick look. A couple of comments follow.

* Couldn't get the TV source to add using the name "TV". It took a few goes but finally worked using "Television". The dialog would just vanish unless the name seemed long enough or verified.
* When clicking 'Update Library' to get the shows to appear, nothing loaded, except the first poster and fanart of the first movie in the list (I expected just TV to be updated since I was in the TV Shows tab).
* I'd love to see the Shows -> Seasons -> Episodes in a collapsible list (like in Windows Explorer) rather than mimicing the Media Info Plus way. Maybe with odd/even shading between shows or seasons to make it stand out, or bold for each TV show. Will obviously need collapse/expand all buttons. I think this way would work better but since I haven't seen it in action it's just speculation, but I think it would be an improvement. If people already store their shows in that way, why not list them like that?
* When viewing an episode's information, can I edit it manually? I clicked "refresh" to get the stream info up but can't see any way to save it.

I realise this is a test release and it's early on so maybe some of these features aren't yet implemented. In XBMC, seasons can have separate thumbs (either a folder.jpg [in the season directory] or seasonNN.tbn [in the show directory]) as well as separate fanart.

One other other thing: If you could somehow get together with the "Mediarenamer" guy (http://code.google.com/p/mediarenamer/), I would almost never need to use anything but your app for managing my media! If you could have it monitor a directory (recursively), rename and move them, scan for info then update XBMC, I would love you forever. But that is a lot to ask.